Weight Loss Equivalents

Flab-u-less-Flower

Silver Member
Ok, I would like to know how much everybody has lost, and tell me the equivalent that you can relate your loss too. :thinking2: I thought this would be a great thread, I hope you like it too.

Since I lost 25 pounds, mine pounds loss is equivalent
to 25 pounds of hamburger! That is a whole lotta beef that disappeared off of my body!

Ok, who's next.. what is your weightloss in equivalent to?

Since I lost 25 pounds, mine pounds loss is equivalent
to 25 pounds of hamburger!

Also the size of an average two year old :)

I lost 112 lbs, which is 1 pound more than the average American eats in red meat a year and 6lbs short the complete Encyclopedia Britannica :eek:

Also the size of an average two year old :)

I lost 112 lbs, which is 1 pound more than the average American eats in red meat a year and 6lbs short the complete Encyclopedia Britannica :eek:

:wow::wow::wow:

Weird isn't it. I couldn't imagine trying to pick up the encyc. Brit...let alone walk around with it all day every day.:confused:

I think my current loss is the equivelant to Catherine Zeta Jones :giggle:

Wow, those are AMAZING equivalents, I am in AWE of you both!!!!
Thanks for replying, makes for interesting reads..

I found a great chart of weight equivalents. I'll post it here and on another thread as I'm sure many people will 'enjoy' looking through it.

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human’s skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
20 pounds = an automobile tire
23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony

Thanks KD,
Big or small, I love all of those equivalent comparisons. No matter how lil weight or how much weight, we all have the same GOAL to lose weight, so we can all relate.

Awesome minilady for gaining self confidence along the way. I love that!!!!
Go you and strut your stuff, your so hot you needed to drop an air conditioner...

Awesome minilady for gaining self confidence along the way. I love that!!!!
Go you and strut your stuff, your so hot you needed to drop an air conditioner...

Lol I wish I had found this diet about 20 years ago, then maybe I would've been hot!!

Bit old and saggy now though! I think I need the air conditioner back to help with the hot flushes of menopause :p

xxxx

Oh minilady that is funny. Hey oldie but a goodie no doubt. Hot flashes, I am always so cold,(I suffer from Raynauds syndrome) I seriously can not wait until I have my first hot flash, just so I can warm up!!!!! I have a long way to wait though unfortunately...

Bit old and saggy now though! I think I need the air conditioner back to help with the hot flushes of menopause :p

I know the feeling :D Poor family hardly had the heating on for a couple of winters.

Doctor said they can last for up to 20 years:eek: You so wanted to know that didn't you :D

I do find certain foods can send me rushing to open all the windows, but they seem much better these days.

No sure whether I'm in recovery :D...(had them for about 10 years now), or because I don't eat so much processed carbs. There again it might be because I wear more silk these days. Silk blouses or jumpers really seem to help keep my body temperature more comfortable.

I seriously can not wait until I have my first hot flash, just so I can warm up!!!!! I have a long way to wait though unfortunately...

I have the perfect smilie for you.
JC_chilly-girl1.gif
:D

I was shocked to find out that, even WITH my weight loss, I still weigh 5lb MORE than Arnold Schwarzenegger!! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm not having that!! I'm making it a personal micro goal to weigh less than the fekkin' Terminator!!!

"I'll be back!!"

I think my current loss is the equivelant to Catherine Zeta Jones :giggle:

LOL!!!!!
Mine is not much yet but the equivalent of twice my son's birth weight - he was 7lbs 14 oz. OMG - that is a lot isn't it when you look at it like that. Makes it seem much more of an achievement and imagine we were carrying all this around with us!!!!!
Onwards and upwards
Tx

Oh my, that list is brilliant! Printing that one off for the fridge!

So...I'm currently an average football lineman, who's lost a chihuahua....still needs to lose a 2 month old foal (seemingly a careless lineman!) so that I can reduce my pack of dogs & foals to a maximum of 2 bloodhounds :D

Oooh...great topic. I'm loving these!

I've lost an elephant's penis :eek: (you'd think I'd have noticed carting one of those around with me all these years :D) and a Chihuahua (i.e. 65lbs). Sounds like a lot until you realise that I still have an average fashion model still to lose...and I am soooo looking forward to ditching that skinny cow! lol

Last edited:
Back