Weight loss has stopped

VisualDeadlock

So my current progress, I started at 112 kg, or about 247 lbs. Been on CD just over 5 months now, and down to 86.5kg or about 190 lbs. So, firstly, made some good progress.

However, it seems my weight loss seems to have stopped. For the past week or 10 days, it seems like I have stayed at the same weight. I usually do 3 meal replacements a day, then 1 normal meal. The normal meal however, is restricted to either salad w/o dressing or 2 green apples. The salad doesn't contain things like potato or pasta or fruit, typically lettuce, cherry tomatoes, little mushroom, some onions, very little feta cheese, very little black olives.

Anyways, I can't figure out why my weight loss seems to have stopped. Throughout this whole process, I've had cheat days, as I am sure many have, but after a day or so, I go back onto the diet.

Should I stick with the diet or try something else or what? Very discouraged right now..

Thanks for any advice.

VisualDeadlock said:
So my current progress, I started at 112 kg, or about 247 lbs. Been on CD just over 5 months now, and down to 86.5kg or about 190 lbs. So, firstly, made some good progress.

However, it seems my weight loss seems to have stopped. For the past week or 10 days, it seems like I have stayed at the same weight. I usually do 3 meal replacements a day, then 1 normal meal. The normal meal however, is restricted to either salad w/o dressing or 2 green apples. The salad doesn't contain things like potato or pasta or fruit, typically lettuce, cherry tomatoes, little mushroom, some onions, very little feta cheese, very little black olives.

Anyways, I can't figure out why my weight loss seems to have stopped. Throughout this whole process, I've had cheat days, as I am sure many have, but after a day or so, I go back onto the diet.

Should I stick with the diet or try something else or what? Very discouraged right now..

Thanks for any advice.

Well done, that's a fantastic loss. I think we've all felt our weight stalling, especially as we have gotten used to rapid loss. I know mine have stalled at times too but then suddenly my body have responded with a vengeance, and the pounds miraculously seems to drop. I'd say just hang in there and it'll start moving again. You have a calorie deficit so it'll scientifically have to :)

I've sometimes taken comfort in my measures rather than weight, have you kept an eye on that?

You may find you'll soon have a generous loss where it has all of a sudden caught up with you.

Have you tried the ketostix to test whether you're still in ketosis? I got mine at tesco pharmacy for £3.89 (much cheaper than from CDC). If you're having apples and tomatoes then the sugar in these may have pushed you out of ketosis x

Back