Weight loss plateau

Getslimquick

Been liberated by Exante!
Dear all

I have only lost a pound - I know a pound is a pound but I felt really ill yesterday - so exhausted and weary - not like me at all.

I think I have hit a plateau so I am going to add a meal and some carbohydrates for a few days. I had a meal last night, slept really well and feel better this morning.

This link helped - the description was so accurate - I am sure my body had gone into starvation mode. And I was so cold all the time.

How To Break A Weight Loss Plateau | Shaping Concepts Fitness Blog

AND THIS ONE: http://www.answerfitness.com/208/weight-loss-plateau-tactics-overcoming-weight-loss-plateau/

So plan B - have a few days of some food and then back on the three packets

Thank you for all your support. Off for a swim now.

GSQ

Glad you are feeling better, I am off for a swim in an hour when the pool opens. Enjoy your few day munching, it does make sense and you are so close now a few days won't hurt i am sure :)

Hi GSQ, a few days of sensible eating sounds like a good plan, there's no point making yourself poorly! You're so close now, do you think you'll switch to WS soon or are you planning on mostly TS to goal?
Hope you enjoyed your swim!
LED x

Its got to be TS to goal once I get back on - then I think it will be working solution, I can do breakfast and lunch quite easily - so it will be adding a meal in the evening I think to maintain. Thanks for your support.

GSQ

I think I have hit a plateau so I am going to add a meal and some carbohydrates for a few days. I had a meal last night, slept really well and feel better this morning.

So plan B - have a few days of some food and then back on the three packets

I hope you report back to let us know how you got on with this GSQ, I know I would be interested to see if it breaks your plateau. I think that adding some carbs (but not going crazy) every now and then could help boost things, I read it somewhere but cannot remember where... but it would be great to hear from someone on the board who has given it a try themselves.

Thanks for posting the links, I quickly had a look through them but will give them a full read later today.

I am interested in this experiment too as I have hit a plateau as well this week. Only thing I would be scared of is going down the road of a day or two off turning into a week or two and then it turning into a binge fest with a promise that I would start the next day and the next.....:sigh:

Guys sts or losing 1lb is by no stretch of the imagination a plateu. It's something that happens on all diets from time to tim including Vlcds it's just a he'll of a lot harder to take on a VLCD. Don't start panicking yet. I bet you anything you get a great result next week. It's really disappointing but honestly it's not a plateau

Thanks Starlight - but one pound loss in three weeks, extreme fatigue, loss of energy, cramp and freezing cold was tough to cope with. I was on total solution (three packets a day and only one bar in three weeks) , swimming 40 lengths 5 times a week and drinking at least three litres of water.

I was looking for an explanation - after all its worked like a dream until now. The link seemed to explain where I thought I was; I feel so much better today by adding a meal (yesterday and today), a few carbs and as usual lots of water.

But thank you, I may try TS tomorrow and see what happens next week end.

GSQ

PS - Perhaps its the day job! Working for a living is hard going sometimes.

Last edited:
Starlight said:
Yikes 1lb in 3 weeks. God total hats off to you for persevering. You deserve a medal!

Thank you. It feels tough just now but I am sure I will get there in the end. I want a just normal BMI. Instead of overweight.
I will keep on going, not much more now.

GSQ

I am adding a meal - like WS I suppose but not keen I feel very full on not much food. I hope it works, don't think I can manage third packet tonight, too full from a vegetable stir fry, not much oil and mainly veg but still over full! My stomach has shrunk for sure.

GSQ

I am adding a meal - like WS I suppose but not keen I feel very full on not much food. I hope it works, don't think I can manage third packet tonight, too full from a vegetable stir fry, not much oil and mainly veg but still over full! My stomach has shrunk for sure.

GSQ
Shrinking tummy ;). That is great. You are so motivated and so close to the 'norm' sure it will start moving again soon :) xx

lastslim said:
Shrinking tummy ;). That is great. You are so motivated and so close to the 'norm' sure it will start moving again soon :) xx

Thank last slim. Nearly there. GSQ

Back