Weight loss rate and query

sammyzip50

Silver Member
Hi All,

I just wanted to know if you lose more or less the same as any other diet? Or the advantages is purely the freedom of Juddd that swings it for most?

On that thought, do you really relax on UD? I can't see me having 2-3 DD and relaxing on UD and getting good weight loss? Calories and energy is over the week. I think it will catch up with me sooner or later.

Finally is the DD 500 cals the only way to do a DD? I was wondering if you only drank liquids on DD counting cals wouldn't matter so much? I had to have liquids only (anything) in prep for surgery and lost 5 pounds over 2 days.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sammy

Oh it is all so personal really but yes, 2 or 3 DDs and then eat normally on UDs. You can count or just go with the reality that reducing kcals in on 3 days will give you deficit for at least a pound a week.

The thing with it is you have to let go of all the other diet truths and rules. They simply do not belong within JUDDD. Though you can use them, some do low carb and JUDDD, and if you look at all the other varieties of Intermittent Fasting the possibilities are huge!

Me? I have invented 4 or 5 DD meals so I don't have to think about them and I eat whatever on the UDs. Naturally I have gravitated towards healthier foods and the emergence of a full button is redcuing quantity with little effort on my part. These are the 'side effects' of any IF regime, I think.

Given that you don't intend to liqidise bars of chocolate I suppose liquids would be OK. I prefer my DD meals to be very similar to my normal meals, bulked out with lots of veg and no bread, rice, pasta etc. It feels less diety, and that seems to be important to me - a deal maker! As is the homelief friendliness of the diet and the lack of real restrictions. So few rules, so many benefits!

I find myself typing this a lot. JUDDD fits into my lifestyle without trying to squeeze me into a diet style.

I felt the way you do about eating too much on UD's after going through a DD, however I have found that contrary to all my 'old diet thinking' I in reality am losing more now that I am actively trying to eat up to my maintenance calories. Its actually counter productive to eat too lightly on your UD because being consistently in calorie deficit reduces your metabolism..eating to maintenance keeps it high!
Oh & about 2lbs you showed off 5lb loss on liquids only would be the missing water soluble fibre sitting in your gut that you get in a normal solid diet..nothing to do with burning off fat!

Hi average weight loss is 2lbs a week sometimes more sometimes less, the same with most other diets, what has been found though is that with ADF diets what you lose will be fat, not water or muscle, so what I have personally found and what are others are now finding is that although the weight isn't 'dropping off' on the scales it does on your frame. I mean you will probably notice a bigger difference in your size on this diet as fat loss shows on your body in ways that muscle loss or even water loss can't, that is what sways it for me xx
The freedom to eat nice food helps a bit too lol :)

It definitely does seem that the tape measure is more motivational than the scales doing JUDDD.

I had to come here to work that out though - probably some of Bajoleths's wisdom!

Clothing started to fit better before the scales moved much and having dug around into the Hope Bag (you know the clothes you used to wear many moons ago) I am not buying any new clothes in the near future.

You, Sammy my friend are a stresser ;)

I know you've struggled for a while to find a way of eating that really suits you and its hard.

I can't help on the weight loss because like you I've just started on JUDDD but after five days I feel fabulous, I've not felt the need to snack in between meals on an UP day (although I return to work tomorrow so that'll be the real test). I'm doing three down days a week and if I don't lose much then so be it.

Maybe a good test for you would be to try not to weigh yourslef for a while? Maybe three or four weeks? See how your body feels (I know you had issues with Dukan) and then worry about the losses. I think as long as you stick to your normal healthy eating options on an UP day having the odd treat if you feel like it then you'll be fine.

Everyone here will support you and answer any questions you've got.
x

HI All,

Thanks for the info and advice. I think I will see how it goes as I have quite a bit of exercise on the go and know you’re not supposed to do any on a DD so will only make one DD this week. I think for me my queries have been based on the struggle I had this year. I only jumped diet to diet as none were working even though I was following them and doing 3-5 exercise sessions a week. It has only been in the last 3 weeks that I have been able to get an explanation for it. The outcome was that my biochemistry was all over the place and some minerals were not being processed or being absorbed by the body. Another factor is gynae related issues and I have been taking meds which have only stopped 6 days ago which were undoing all of my hard work!

I did one DD last week and weighed in on Saturday with only losing as pound but then my UD were social events so food intake was more than normal but then not that bad either. I weighed in this morning and lost three pounds which is technically a week since I did the DD. However I have been exercising a lot and now wondering if my body is ‘working’ since I have stopped the meds, taking supplements as I don't think one DD would have done it. I am also in a position that I have been advised to not eat whites, wheat and dairy by the nutritionist.

So, this week I will do my normal portion healthy eating and will try Juddd from next week as I have more of a consistent week from then onwards. I have exercise classes this week every night up to Sunday apart from Wednesday. Do any of you exercise on DDs?

The only thing that attracts me to Juddd is that it is possible to eat like you could on a maintenance plan but lose weight? Is that how you see it? It seems relaxing on the weekend with Juddd enables weight loss but on another plan it means STS or gain?
Let me know how you are all getting on and have a great week ahead!

Hi Sammy, there are some juddders who exercise on a DD despite it not being advisable due to the low cal intake, Caroline louise does , so too does time2go maybe they can answer your questions regarding exercise more fully. I think what most of us love about Juddd is the fact that it is sustainable, most diet plans work while you are on them but of course you have to be following the plan for it to work, because juddd gives you freedom , guilt free Up days and allows you to have a social life without falling off the wagon, then you are more likely to stick with it longterm therefore making it a successful diet plan. I am embarking on my 19 th week and couldn't be happier x

bajoleth said:
Hi Sammy, there are some juddders who exercise on a DD despite it not being advisable due to the low cal intake, Caroline louise does , so too does time2go maybe they can answer your questions regarding exercise more fully. I think what most of us love about Juddd is the fact that it is sustainable, most diet plans work while you are on them but of course you have to be following the plan for it to work, because juddd gives you freedom , guilt free Up days and allows you to have a social life without falling off the wagon, then you are more likely to stick with it longterm therefore making it a successful diet plan. I am embarking on my 19 th week and couldn't be happier x

Thanks for the feedback. How much have you lost so far in 19 weeks?

Sammy

HI All,

Thanks for the info and advice. I think I will see how it goes as I have quite a bit of exercise on the go and know you’re not supposed to do any on a DD so will only make one DD this week. I think for me my queries have been based on the struggle I had this year. I only jumped diet to diet as none were working even though I was following them and doing 3-5 exercise sessions a week. It has only been in the last 3 weeks that I have been able to get an explanation for it. The outcome was that my biochemistry was all over the place and some minerals were not being processed or being absorbed by the body. Another factor is gynae related issues and I have been taking meds which have only stopped 6 days ago which were undoing all of my hard work!

I did one DD last week and weighed in on Saturday with only losing as pound but then my UD were social events so food intake was more than normal but then not that bad either. I weighed in this morning and lost three pounds which is technically a week since I did the DD. However I have been exercising a lot and now wondering if my body is ‘working’ since I have stopped the meds, taking supplements as I don't think one DD would have done it. I am also in a position that I have been advised to not eat whites, wheat and dairy by the nutritionist.

So, this week I will do my normal portion healthy eating and will try Juddd from next week as I have more of a consistent week from then onwards. I have exercise classes this week every night up to Sunday apart from Wednesday. Do any of you exercise on DDs?

The only thing that attracts me to Juddd is that it is possible to eat like you could on a maintenance plan but lose weight? Is that how you see it? It seems relaxing on the weekend with Juddd enables weight loss but on another plan it means STS or gain?
Let me know how you are all getting on and have a great week ahead!

I know how much you struggled with things not being "right" it must have been really hard for you and I am SO pleased you've finally had some explanations. Onwards and upwards! I think doing some healthy eating and exercise is a great idea for a while.

PS The stresser comment was meant to be tongue in cheek, me and my big foot/mouth thing, I hope you weren't offended:eek:

I know how much you struggled with things not being "right" it must have been really hard for you and I am SO pleased you've finally had some explanations. Onwards and upwards! I think doing some healthy eating and exercise is a great idea for a while.

PS The stresser comment was meant to be tongue in cheek, me and my big foot/mouth thing, I hope you weren't offended:eek:

HI Sam,

Thanks and no offence perceived! Anyway how are you doing? Is Juddd for you as you were a very motivated Dukanette?

Back