weight loss reults on pp compared to results on discover

Topper78

Hi there!

After a brief stint at SW I have decided to come back to what I know and love....WW!!!!! Just wondered how you all found the speed of your weight loss on PP compared to discover??? I know everybody is different and both plans suit some but not others but I am trying to decide which plan to follow. We go on holiday at the end of June and I can't afford for the PP not to work for me but fancy giving it a go maybe when I get back but if weight loss reults tend to be the same on both plans I may give it a whirl. Any thoughts peeps???? x

Hi

I would say for me propoints is much better than discover...I loved discover but i think propoints has more flexibility and i def feel easier about having a treat and know that what i eat is healthy and taking into account fibre, carbs and protein instead of just fat and calories like discover did. I have gained a couple of times on propoints but thats simply due to the first time was my hen weekend! and i only gained half a pound! i ate and drank all weekend...and the second time was after 2 weeks of trying various different companies wedding cakes! lol

I was very unsure about pp at the start and i considered not doing it especially since i couldnt afford for it not to work what with my wedding coming up and also my wedding dress is smaller than i am! lol but i'm really glad i done it now, its a much better plan i think. :)

Give it a go!!!! xx

Hi, I have tried the old discover plan lots of times and it never really clicked with me. I would stick to it for a while and then get bored, but PP is fab, I feel I have much more choice over what I can eat. I seem to feel full all the time, I not constantly wondering what will I eat next :rolleyes:
I have only been at it now for 3 weeks (early days I know) but it really does feel different this time, I don't feel like I am on a diet:D I really hate to feel deprived and on PP I don't!!
So far 2 weigh ins and I have lost 10lbs which I am thrilled about, so it is defnitely working for me ;)

a couple of years back i was on discovery plan, i didn't have much to lose but i lost it in a few weeks, it seems to come off quicker on discovery.

been on pro points for a while now and have only lost 6.5lb. i love the plan because i don't feel so deprived, but it's frustrating me a little because 6 weeks in i would expect people to notice that i've lost a bit of weight, but you can't tell yet.

i actually plan on buying the discovery books and calculator on ebay and doing discovery one week out of every month. does anybody else use discovery alongside pro points?

I think everyone is different, as a few years ago I did the old points and found it great, so I dubious about propoints as they are so different.
In the first week on propoints I lost 3.5lb, and to be honest I was disappointed, as even though it was a good weight loss, I really thought I would lose more in my first week. Then in week 2 I lost 5.5lb, and have just finished week three losing another 3.5lb!!
I am never hungry on propoints, in fact some days I just am not able to eat 29, and on the old points I always felt deprived.
I would say, give propoints a go, but don't give up and go back to old points after a week, wait to see how you get on in week two, as a lot of members in my class have been the same, not the weight loss they expect in week one, but big weight loss in week two and steady 2-3lb each week from there on.

I think pp might be a bit slower but it's far easier to stick to. Always felt quite hungry on discovery but never do on pp! Have kept on straight and narrow for 12 wks now and not bored or feeling deprived :)

I think everyone is different, as a few years ago I did the old points and found it great, so I dubious about propoints as they are so different.
In the first week on propoints I lost 3.5lb, and to be honest I was disappointed, as even though it was a good weight loss, I really thought I would lose more in my first week. Then in week 2 I lost 5.5lb, and have just finished week three losing another 3.5lb!!
I am never hungry on propoints, in fact some days I just am not able to eat 29, and on the old points I always felt deprived.
I would say, give propoints a go, but don't give up and go back to old points after a week, wait to see how you get on in week two, as a lot of members in my class have been the same, not the weight loss they expect in week one, but big weight loss in week two and steady 2-3lb each week from there on.
do you eat many of your extra 49 propoints?

Hi
I have done both plans and have found my weight losses to be similar on both. Started ProPoints in November and lost 2lb each week for two weeks, but just couldn't get my head round the plan so gave up. After a lot of faffing around, I have been back on PP for three weeks now and have lost 7lbs and this time around I must say, I am enjoying ProPoints better. Its so much nicer having those 49 weeklies as I know I can go to the Harvester and have a Harvester Burger (28pp) and not just a boring old steak n jacket (I know you can eat what you want on both plans, its just this way round seems more "relaxed" to me, no more trying to save points for the rest of the week etc), also, the way my account is set up, I use my Activity Points first before my weeklies and as i want to keep my weeklies mostly intact for the odd little blow out, it makes me exercise more, lol! But generally, I have around 10-16 weeklies left at the end of each week and it seems to be working for me. On the other hand, hubby has been following the Discover Plan for two weeks (he's been doing it for years, just been off plan for a while) and even though he has stuck to it rigidly, he hasn't lost one iota for those two weeks, so he may be defecting to PP in a couple of weeks when we are both on holiday together so I can help him get to grips with it (providing his weight hasn't moved by then of course).

do you eat many of your extra 49 propoints?

yep I keep them for booze to be honest, I see my dailies as food and my weeklies as drinks and have used at least 40 of them each week - that may sound like a lot of booze but when you convert them to wine or beer it's not a lot in a week!

Back