weight loss slowed already?

weightless1012

Hi,been on s&s nearly 2 week now and first week was great loss of 8lb,went on scales today and I've only lost 1lb and abit more still, which I'm pretty gutted about cause I was hoping for 7 lb loss a week for first 2 weeks,I knew the weight loss would slow up but just not so soon,I could be calorie counting or doing ww if I wanted to lose such small amount each week.Is this usual? Do you start losing more again?Feeling abit like going to different diet if going to be like this:(

It varies. I had a relatively low week 2 followed by a decent week 3. Don't look at individual weeks, look at the rolling total. If you could lose as much on WW as a VLCD I'd be amazed. Maybe on 1 particular week your losses might be comparable to average WW losses but looking at the overall total, no way. Plus if I'd been able to lose weight on WW I'd have done so and wouldn't be here in the first place. Would I have lost over 6 stone on WW? I know I would not have.

Hi Boardersgirl,thanks thats made me feel better:)You have a good point about looking at overall total.I wasn't having a go at the diet,what I meant was that if its only going to lose me 1-2lb per week then might as well be on cal count/ww as weight loss can be like that on them but at least I could eat normal food.Main reason I'm on s&s is that I need faster results than most diets offer,as I tend to lose motivation when the weight loss is very slow.My Official weigh day tomorrow,so I'll see what it says,gonna stick s&s out for 2 more weeks at least anyway,so fingers crossed for decent loss next week.Well done on your weightloss.

I lost only 1 lb in my second week. But I've now lost over 9 stone and am at goal. As BG says - the individual weeks really are irrelevant Also, why do you set yourself goals which you don't have any influence over? You can't decide to lose a certain amount of weight in a set time and if you set those goals you're as likely to fail as succeed. I would suggest that you set goals to stick to the programme for a period of time - or to reach a certain weight (but not give a time limit) - or to fit into a certain piece of clothing (but again no time limit) - or be able to do a certain amount of an exercise. Don't set yourself up for failure but set yourself up for success! You can do it!

also remember totm, i NEVER lose on that week, but keeping a diary i see the patterns so now that week doesnt bother me as i know as soon as
aunty vera leaves the figures start dropping again. One day you could have lost a lb the next 4lbs,so dont judge your weightloss until offical weigh in day.

Thanks weasey,very good advice.I guess I'm just impatient lol,lost nearly 3 st couple years ago,ended up regaining it and now most my clothes don't fit,so can't wait till I can start wearing some of them again.
Wow 9 st weight loss:worthy: :worthy::worthy::clap:

Thanks Helen,my tom was last week,so shouldn't be that,good idea to keep diary,I really should throw out my scales,my official place is boots but just pop on mine to check how I'm doing x

I had a 1lb loss a couple of weeks ago and realised I hadn't been drinking enough water. Once I started monitoring my water intake again I went back to my regular 3lbs a week loss :). So I would recommend you check your water intake. You lost a lot of weight in your first week .. maybe your body was just adjusting. I'm sure it will sort itself out given time.

You will make up for it next week Im sure :)

Hang in there!!

I have a body that likes to torment me with not losing for ages and then giving it a whoosh! You may just be one of those?
I like the idea of just thinking, well, if I stick to the plan my body has to finally give in and lose weight! You cannot do anything but lose weight on this, it may not be a regular weekly regimented amount it may be a case of one week your inch loss is showing and the next you see a change in the scales!
Everyone is different just the averages are roughly the same for the monthly loss of a stone.

PMT, TOTM, and other hormonal things can have an effect. Don't forget stress, lack of going to the loo, water retention and dehydration when you don't drink enough.

Who would be a woman! Lol

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi,Thanks eveyone for you're really helpful replies,I have to sheepishly (but really happily too)admit to losing 4lb this week,either my scale was wrong or my body decided to use the lbs last night.Going to try not to panic in future lol.Your replies will come in handy for the future if I get any no/slow loss weeks.:)

weightless1012 said:
Hi,Thanks eveyone for you're really helpful replies,I have to sheepishly (but really happily too)admit to losing 4lb this week,either my scale was wrong or my body decided to use the lbs last night.Going to try not to panic in future lol.Your replies will come in handy for the future if I get any no/slow loss weeks.:)

Hey well done that's a great second week! I normally have a small weight loss in my second week, so I'm prepared to only lose 2lb next week. Well done. Keep it up x

Back