Weight loss slowing down

LincsBren

Silver Member
The weight loss seems to be coming off sooooo slowly now. I know I *shouldn't* weigh myself at home, but realistically I think it's more accurate as I only ever do it on a hard floor (the exact same tile to be precise :OCD: ), first thing in a morning, after a wee but before dressing, with the same scales - compared to the pharmacy, where time of day varies, weighs on carpet, often in different places (as the scales get moved) and wearing clothes of different weights.

Last Saturday I weighed in at 185.0lbs (a loss that week of 3.8lbs - pharmacy showed no loss at all, but I also know I was wearing heavier clothes! The week before the pharmacy scales said I'd lost almost 8lbs, when I know from home scales it was less than 7!)

This morning I weight in at 184.0lbs - how pathetic is that, 1lb in 6 days!! I have been drinking the right amount, not cheated at ALL, made sure I have my shakes spread out evenly through the day. I've been reasonably active, but only my 'normal' amount so no huge lactic acid of glucagon build ups. Not TOTM; generally NO reason for the loss to be so pitiful. I'm really disappointed and just going to keep fingers tightly crossed for at least 1 more pound so I can reach the 2 stone marker. I guess it'll probably average out (I suppose if it's 2lbs, that's 6.8lbs in a fortnight which is about right) but those damn 12s are so close now, I'd really hoped to lose 4lbs this week and be in them already!!

Rant over!

I think it's normal for our losses to slow down significantly, the inportant thing to remember is that not only do we all lose at different rate, but that we all continue to lose overal.

*puts tin hat on and gets ready for the fall out*

Stop over blooming thinking this Bren. Just stick at it and it will go. Maybe tomorrow, wear light clothes and don't have a shake before going to the parmacy in order to keep it more in line with your home weigh in? Finally accept this bloody big boot up your arse, you're doing amazingly well. I couldn't beleive how good you looked when I saw you yesterday - so what if the lbs are slow, the inches certianly are NOT. Boot. Boot. Boot.

(p.s, to everyone else, this may seem a harsh reply, but I know Bren well and this is what she needs!)

Edit to add - this is tough love, so have a few xx's too.

Hi Bren
I agree with Clpottage, you may only lose a pound, but try measuring yourself as you are bound to have lost inches. I think especially with the exercise you have been doing as the muscle weighs more than fat. I've just started exercising and am expecting lower losses, but will be happy so long as I get into those size 12's eventually lol. Keep it up you are doing great! :)
Emma x

I lost 4.2lbs so will stop being a pain, promise - and I love you both, the tough love is definitely needed sometimes (and thanks Cle, you're looking amazing too! Can't wait til we both get a few paypackets under our [considerably smaller, natch] belts and can go skinny-shopping and then go out somewhere to show our skinnyness off (dancing?)

4.2lbs!!! woo hoo! Great stuff Bren. :)
Emma x

Hi my name is Claire..and I think you are all great I started on Wednesday and I had a shake today and cant even face having another one feel so crap today .....is that normal....hope I get to were you all our well well done!

Hi my name is Claire..and I think you are all great I started on Wednesday and I had a shake today and cant even face having another one feel so crap today .....is that normal....hope I get to were you all our well well done!

Hi Claire :D

Don't be disheartened, this diet is tough at the beginning but it does get easier (and the shakes get more enjoyable too as you forget about normal food!).

Stick at it and you'll be at goal before you know it :)

Back