Weight Loss Tip from BL

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by cmcewn, 12 August 2010 Social URL.

1. cmcewn

cmcewn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    28st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.5lb(9.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Watching Biggest Loser tonight they said one of the reasons they lose the weight so fast is that they eat something every 4 hours - which kind of supports the argument that if you eat 6 small meals a day rather then 3 bigger ones the weight loss is faster because your metabolism is kept going. AND, they don't lose if they don't eat!

Thought that was worth passing on :D oh and remember to drink lots and lots of water.

Last edited: 12 August 2010
    emily87 likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Piglet

Piglet Is so doing it this time

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    Thanks for sharing that Cmcewn! I'm gonna try that from tomorrow definitely worth a go, got nothing to lose but weight!! ;) xx

4. downsizingmycurves

downsizingmycurves Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3.5lb(18.24%)
    Diet:
    Currently Paul McKenna
    Some of the weekly lossess on that programme are nothing short of miraculous! I'd like to see a follow up from earlier seasons to see how well the losses have been mainatained.

I really dont know how more people dont keel over in the early weeks as the exercise routine is really full on from the off.

I love Gill and Bob the trainers but my personal experience of Personal Trainers (I have worked with 3 in my time) is that they dont really appreciate just how hard it is for bigger people to get moving in a gym like fashion.

5. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I found without a doubt that the weeks I ate more, I lost better.

6. emma-louise

emma-louise Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks for that carole! i know SW isnt about calories but id love to know how many calories they consume/burn off on that show! xx

7. *Cupcake*

*Cupcake* is working hard.....

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(25.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have to say eating little and often is the only way for me now - smaller meals every 3-4 hours or so, or I get a bit shaky and headachy.

(To think I used to have nothing til lunch, then only a nibble of something, then wait til 7pm for an all out meal/snack fest :eek:)

xx

8. farmer me

farmer me Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(9.95%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    cmcewn your weight loss is amazing any other tips for us?

9. lurverick

lurverick Now to maintain.....

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.4%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world.
    yep i eat little and often.....with the way i do my snacks,meals and syns i eat 6-8 times a day.
    seems to have worked for me.

10. emily87

emily87 Onwards and downwards!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(29.02%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Thank you cmcewn, great tip! Definitely going to give the little and often idea a go this week :D

I'm exactly the same Cupcake. If I don't eat enough I start to feel very weird. Also pre SW did exactly the same, I never ate breakfast, then not much for lunch, then when I got home from work would eat any and everything I could get my hands on! SW is sooo much better :D

11. kaylb

kaylb Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow, thanks so much for posting this!

Just yesterday I was worrying that the fact that I ate 5 or 6 small meals in a day could slow down my weight loss, now according to this, it could speed it up :woohoo:

It was the same for me too - no breakfast, nibble something for lunch (or often go without) and then eat the entire fridge / take away menu for dinner and go to bed feeling uncomfortable and toss and turn all night- now I sleep like a baby :D

12. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm a grazer, so I eat small meals through the day anyway. That coupled with the band means that I can't eat a huge meal portion in one sitting either!

13. tarka

tarka Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    From what I've read Jillian has had weight problems in the past herself so she'll be aware I'm sure.

14. cmcewn

cmcewn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    28st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.5lb(9.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Some good times to eat ...

Some good times to eat for losing weight have been suggested as follows ...

Within an hour of waking up as the body is ready to receive fuel that it has used up overnight when you are sleeping. So it is important to eat breakfast as this kicks off your matabolism too.

Another good time to eat is after exercise. Have your biggest meal of the day about 30-45 minutes after a weight training session. During this time enzymes responsible for energy production are most active and energy-storing
    hormones within the blood are suppressed. This means there will be less chance energy will be stored as fat. Carbs will be immediately taken up to replenish the low glycogen stores caused through exercising, the protein will be needed to aid recovery and growth of new calorie-burning muscle tissue and most of the fat from the meal will be needed to fuel many of these reactions. After a good workout most meals are likely to be utilized completely for recovery.

15. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Id love to do a show like that!! Although as ive only got 13lb left to target i dont think i weigh enough for it to be good television. Just a week away somewhere with no temptations and someone helping me and pushing me with exercise.

I will try a little more to eat little and often, i think it's why some people maintain when they've been 100%, they have made the extra effort but in doing so have eaten less.

xxx

16. snowyz81

snowyz81 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(12.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I usually do that anyway, i have my breakfast and then an apple about 11, then dinner, and an afternoon snack about 3 and then tea. I'm not eating after tea anymore, too much temptation to overeat.

17. pesty

pesty Fighting the bulge

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Its usually dinner that i over eat. I have something about this time (just had a banana) but when i get home for some reason i completely over load my plate and eat til im really full - but not quite the uncomfortable full.

I think it would help me to have a smaller dinner with the idea that i will have another nibble later :)

xx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    I normally eat about 6 times a day anyway as I don't like the feeling of being overfull. Little but often is certainly how it works for me...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.