Weight Loss to Clothes Size Ratio

Caz

Repeat Offender
I know this has come up a million times before! And I've probably brought it up a million times! But just wondering about the good old weight loss to dropping clothes size ratio. What have you guys dropped? Is the supposed average of a dress size per stone about right? Just top if that is, that would make me at 5ft 9in, 12 stone, an 8 on top and 10 on bottom, which I can't see as being right personally!! And have my goal as 12 stone, so seems a reasonable one... I think! So either I don't fit that average at all, but have so far.... or, I dunno! I can't imagine my goal should be 13st or more, at all! What do you guys think?

This is so confusing! I know what you mean. I think when I get to 11 stone, that will make me a size 12 and when I get to 10.7 stones that will make me a size 10-12. When I was previously in the high 13 stones I was around size 16 but I'm 2 inches shorter than you, so I think you could be size 14 at 13 stones and size 12 at 12 stones. HTH xx

Can I ask, where do you tend to carry your weight? What kind of shape are you? I would say I'm VERY pear! I don't have a lot in the boob department, but have a bum and hips that could compete for England!

Though, a quickly shrinking bum and hips might I add!!

i think everyone is different you cant assess what size clothing you'd be in by other people. people loose it in different places at different rates. I say stick with the CD journey and see where it takes you.
I was 18stone 3lb and struggling to get into my size 20's (evans size) i'm now 14 stone 5lb and have just gotten into size 16's (new look, dorothy perkins, debenhams sizes)
But for some people to loose 4 stone could take them down more or less.
You'll get where you want to be im sure, sooner rather than later.
Good luck

I have pretty small hips; I used to think I carried my weight around my stomach but apparently I've lost quite a bit from my stomach since I started CD. I'm not a pear though, my hips are too small :( and I also do not have much in the boob department either :(

The other thing is, I'm finding my shape is changing. I used to be very pear, but actually, thinking about it, I'm kind of evening out now. I'll still be pear I think, but not like I was and am. My hips are catching up! I know I can't really guess using other people, I was just interested. I think I've just got to not really have set goals and just totally see what happens. I know kind of what to aim for, and I'll just see how it goes when I get nearer to it!

Hi ya!
I have this problem too,
I'm a size 36GG, big tummy but smaller bum and thighs than I used to have and I've just got into a size 16 (bottom) although they are quite snug when done up but the bum and legs fit really well.
I'm at the moment 11stone 13lbs and am 5ft short!!
I can't see how I'll ever be a size 12 at this rate.
x x x

I'm not worry about my figure so much at the moment; CD will help us lose the weight but it may not give us our ideal figures. The gym will help with that ;) As soon as I move up the plans, I intend to join a gym and have a personal trainer direct me so I can tackle my problem areas x

Hi,
I'm a big juicy apple shape, more of a Bramley than a Cox at the moment! :rolleyes:

Size of clothing depends such a lot on where you shop. I can fit into a 14 in some shops, can't squeeze into a 16 in others and the ultimate humiliation....wanted a loose polo shirt so got a size 20 in Matalan and it's too flipping tight! That was a very depressing day :cry:

When I was at 10st 7lbs after LL, I was still buying mainly 14's and the occasional 12 (trousers mainly as I have narrow hips) now I'm not sure if I bought 14's because I felt safe in the knowledge they would fit or I'd have to weigh about 6 stone to be a size 10!

Now....older and wiser. I'm not bothered by the number they put on a garment and I'm not that bothered about having to hit a goal weight, I know when I feel 'right' and that's going to be the moment I ease back on the Cambridge and start the Allen Carr (not the funny chap but the stop smoking chap) Easyweigh Eating Plan and hopefully :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: never have to diet again!

Sorry, I've gone on a bit, haven't talked to many people today, need to 'talk' aka type a bit!

I'm currently a size 16 on the bottom and 18 on top (I'm top heavy, with boobs that could sink a battle ship!)

My goal is 11 stone (i'm only 5"4) Just another 5 stone and 3lbs to go... :)

Hugs x x x

The stone per dress size certainly hasn't worked for me!!

I've lost 5 stone now and gone from a 20 top to a 14 - last week! 22 bottom to a 16 in some shops but 18 in others.

I've always been hour glass shaped and have big (huge) boobs but thankfully they're starting to shrink but my bottom half hasn't got the hint yet!!

Back