Weight Loss

danni89

Hi all..... I have decided to ask anyone that will help a few questions as im starting to get discouraged!!!

I have been on a diet all together for around 8 weeks now my starting weight 238 pounds now i am 217 pounds but for the last 2 weeks i haven't lost any weight at all its just been the same number on the scales and its making me MAD!!! I haven't changed anything that i was doing before hand i just cant understand. All i have been trying to do is to Calorie count.

My diet consists of:

Breakfast:
Banana
Cereal Bar (less than 150 calories)
or if hungry scrambled eggs on 2 wholegrain toast.

Lunch: this is normally when i eat my larger meal but it sometimes changes
Salad with no dressing and either some type of quorn, fish, or protein.
Wholewheat pasta creme fresh, veg (peas and sweetcorn) and fish (normally salmon)
CousCous, veg (broccoli, carrots, spinach) and as above quorn, fish or protein.
Jacket potato with, Tuna red onion light Mayo
(protein which is not very other is normally a fillet steak no sauce)

Dinner:
Soup
Rice cakes with marmite and small amount of mozzarella
Bowl of CousCous on its own
Poached Egg on 2 whole-grain toast ( if haven't had toast for breaky)
Jacket potato with cottage cheese

Snacks:
Just fruit
Around 2-5 white coffee no sugar a day

Soooo... basically a pretty healthy diet.

Plus i exercise at least 3 times a week: 2 X 40 minute walks/jogs (depending how long i can keep jogging for)
1 X 1 hour spinning session
1 X 1 hour legs, bums and tums session
Plus i work in a supermarket on the deli counter so for at least 5 hours or more 5 days a week i am on my feet walking up and down the counter.

So what has stopped me loosing the weight!!! Please if anyone has any insight into why this is happening now? Cause i still fell as though i am working hard enough. Maybe if i give you a food diary of what i had the lat two days that would help.

Day one:
Cereal Bar 150 Calories
Banana
4 Rice Cakes with small amount of marmite and mozzarella
2 Wholegrain toast with tuna, red onion, light mayo
2 Coffee
1 Options hot chocolate 39 calories

Day two:
2 Wholegrain toast with banana mushed on top
Small handful of salted popcorn. (ahhh buffet at lunch)
Cottage cheese and 3 rice cakes
Cereal Bar
Salad with homemade crustless salmon and broccoli quiche 325 calories a serving

Please help me xxxxxxxxx

There are many reasons why people stagnate during their weight loss programmes. You might want to be mindfull of the following:
1. Changing routine. Due to muscle memory, if the body recognizes the same excercises each week, it will eventually require less energy (less calories) to perform the same excercise.
2. Weight training. As cardio does help significantly with weightloss, muscless itself require a higher metabolic state to function. Therefore, even when resting, muscles require more energy (calories) as fat to function at optimal levels.
3. Liquid calories. Try replacing some of your liquids with water.
4. changing diets. As with excercise, change is good. increase meals to 6 smaller portions a day.

Ive also seen that there is a big contribution of dairy in your diet. Try cutting down and/or replacing your cheese/dairy intake with a more suitable substitute.
Hope this helps.

Have you considered joining a slimming group, I'm with weight watchers and counting points keeps me on track and also going to the meeting each week.
You can also follow the plan online,

Back