Weight stuck fast for 7 weeks, any advice?

TickleKate

Hey guys

I`m soo desperate, any words of wisdom for me greatly received! Currently doing PP`s at home having done WW on and off for years and recently since I had my daughter last year. Lost slowly but steadily and was quite happy with how it was going, diagnosed as underactive thyroid in Feb which is controlled by meds.

However the last 7 weeks i have stuck firm, it doesnt matter what i do, i cant shift anything. I am counting, measuring and weighing EVERYTHING ( i have the calculator, eating out guide etc). I exercise around 2.5 hours a week (sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less). I eat healthy foods (salads, fruit, veg, lean meat etc) usually avoid eating processed food. I do enjoy a few glasses of wine but again all pointed and measured accurately.

Has anyone any advice? Im getting to the point where i cant go on with PPs (which makes me sad cos i love this woe) and am contemplating a VLCD just to get things shifting again..help me please!?!:sigh:

Are you on the correct number of pp? X

There's a few things you could try....

Drink more water so it flushes out your body.
If your NOT eating your 49 extra points eat them, with all the exercise your doing your body might need them (if your not eating them) Same as your exercise points do you eat them?
If you are eating them try and lay off them and stick to your daily points allowence.
If your eating the same thing everyday in the majority try mixing it up a bit, try new foods different recipes so your body doesn't get used to what you are eating.
You could try the WENDI plan....its a way of using your dailys and 49 points across a week but its supposed to give you a kick start.....so something like this...
Sunday 27
Monday 31 - 32
Tuesday 29
Wednesday 27
Thursday 32 - 34
Friday 28
Saturday 42 – 47

And then finally TRACK TRACK TRACK :)

I hope that helps you xx

Thanks for your replies!
I am on 28 dailies which i have double checked and it is correct.
I do eat my 49 every week, so maybe trying to drop them would be a good move. I dont eat my exercise points to be honest, maybe i should, just feels wrong somehow like im exercising for nothing iykwim!?
I drink approx 1.5 litres of water a day but am guilty of eating similar foods each week, not every day but every week, like we have salmon nearly every week, and low fat quiche each week and chicken every week so could perhaps mix that up?
Much appreciate your advice, thank you :)

If you do eat your weeklies and you are bothered about dropping them you could maybe drop your dailies to 26 a day so still enjoy your weeklies?

Or just try dropping your weeklies and see how you go :)

Ok. I'm supposed to be on 26pp. However I barely lose half a pound if I stick to that. If you are doing 2.5hrs of exercise then you might want to try to eat back the AP. AP doesn't equate exactly what you've burned off by the way. I only earn 3AP for a 3 mile jog when it's actually burning 370kcals. You do need to feed your body if you exercise. VLCD is not the way to turn just yet, that'll slow down your metabolism and make your hard work exercising pointless. Have you been measuring cm lost? You could be at the stage of losing fat while gaining some tone and definition (this happened to me do that even though I've only lost a couple pound over the last month or 2, I'm still losing cm's).

Don't give up just yet. Drink plenty of water after exercise too xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Ooh i didnt think of that snugglepuss, good idea to reduce from 28 to 26, i do really value my 49 weeklies as it feels like i can go out/get takeaway and not stress so will try dropping to 26 a day.

aswethink - so when you say you barely lose 1/2 pound on 26 daily PPs, what do you do, do you have more than that per day? I really dont want to do VLCD, ive done them before and they are HAAARRRD! would much prefer to eat, enjoy nights out/days out, have energy for my family and work and continue building fitness so am very keen to stick with WW.
I last measured a few weeks ago so will repeat that again, may be suprised
thanks for your replies, its good to have someone to talk to whos on the plan and not bend my hubbies ear every night!

26pp is for maintainence right???

How much are you wanting to loose or are you fairly close to goal? I can't help but think maybe of your weight has crept up mayb you're needing some more pp to cover your exercise? X

TickleKate said:
Ooh i didnt think of that snugglepuss, good idea to reduce from 28 to 26, i do really value my 49 weeklies as it feels like i can go out/get takeaway and not stress so will try dropping to 26 a day.

aswethink - so when you say you barely lose 1/2 pound on 26 daily PPs, what do you do, do you have more than that per day? I really dont want to do VLCD, ive done them before and they are HAAARRRD! would much prefer to eat, enjoy nights out/days out, have energy for my family and work and continue building fitness so am very keen to stick with WW.
I last measured a few weeks ago so will repeat that again, may be suprised
thanks for your replies, its good to have someone to talk to whos on the plan and not bend my hubbies ear every night!

Yes I mean I eat more than 26pp. I still track everything I'm eating but I've been over my dailies and weeklies the last few weeks and still lost weight. Honestly vlcd are not something I think is a good idea in the long run - changing your food habits is better as it's something you can try to do long term (that's just my opinion).
Lot of people are calorie counting on MFP, you thought about giving that a go? X

sapphirestara said:
26pp is for maintainence right???

No hon, when maintaining you up your pp - 26pp barely works out as 1040kcals & honestly I think it's too low (saying that as someone who doesn't eat a lot of fruit and veg). When maintaining people usually have around 30-35pp daily. X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

This makes sense - I'm on 26 for loss based on height etc - I was confused about weeklies so checked the average calories of 26 points based on my eating and was lower than 1200 calories which I'm not supposed to eat below as that will prevent weightloss - so I need some weeklies too - just not sure how many!

Sapphire im still a loooong way from goal, minimum 2 stone to go but to get to healthy BMI its more like 3 1/2 stone! wish i was close and that was why things were getting harder!

Aswethink i have done rosemary conley a while back and calorie counted as much as i liked her and the diet, i just feel WW gives me more freedom, i like that fruit and veg are free on this where as with calorie counting every little lettuce leaf needs accounting for. I love VLCDs for the amazing weight loss they produce but ive been there and done that and feel i enjoy my food (and drink!) too much to sacrifice it, id rather have a slower (for me) loss on WW but be happy and show my kids the right way to eat and exercise etc.

My weight was down this morning but official weigh in is always a friday morning so am praying for a loss and that this is the end of the `drought` so to speak :)
thanks again for all you`re input guys

TickleKate said:
Sapphire im still a loooong way from goal, minimum 2 stone to go but to get to healthy BMI its more like 3 1/2 stone! wish i was close and that was why things were getting harder!

Aswethink i have done rosemary conley a while back and calorie counted as much as i liked her and the diet, i just feel WW gives me more freedom, i like that fruit and veg are free on this where as with calorie counting every little lettuce leaf needs accounting for. I love VLCDs for the amazing weight loss they produce but ive been there and done that and feel i enjoy my food (and drink!) too much to sacrifice it, id rather have a slower (for me) loss on WW but be happy and show my kids the right way to eat and exercise etc.

My weight was down this morning but official weigh in is always a friday morning so am praying for a loss and that this is the end of the `drought` so to speak :)
thanks again for all you`re input guys

Good luck good luck!! What about about simply filling for a couple of days. I've seen other have their weight loss really kicked started by this. I've not done it yet myself but hey! Got nothing to loose! Xxx

Hi TickleKate. Have you tried changing the type of foods you actually eat? The main thing I would suggest is trying to up your protein intake and reduce your carbohydrates. Nothing too drastic, just by 20% or so. This has really worked for me - I had pretty much no losses all year despite following plan 100% first on Slimming World and then on Weight Watchers from April. I was all but ready to lose the plot. I tried all weeklies, less weeklies, some activity points, no activity points, less exercise, more exercise etc etc and nothing seemed to work. I went for a free consultation with the nutritionist at my gym about a month ago and although I had had recent blood tests that hadn't showed any problems with my thyroid she believed I had at least a borderline underactive thyroid. So suggested upping my protein and cutting back on my carbs (by 20-25%) and introducing or increasing thyroid boosting foods (seafood, seaweed, coconut oil are the main ones). I have had a small loss for the last 3 weeks and have lost about 2 1/2 lb which is more in 3 weeks than I had managed all year. Maybe its worth giving this a try if you have tried alll the other options. Good luck!

Back