Weight watchers or Slimming world?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JOBUD, 2 March 2011 Social URL.

1. JOBUD

JOBUD Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I've tried both WW and SW in the past with success but yo-yo'ed back up after a while. Ive just lost 5lb in my first 2 weeks back on WW but find myself yearning for the freedom of portion sizes on SW. I'm experimenting with doing 2 weeks SW now to see how it goes. Does anyone else feel the same? Can u mix and match do you think? I suppose I just want to have my cake and eat it! :D

Jo x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.2lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    Hi Jo, I don't actually do either as am doing the very old WW and combining calorie counting and watching carbs as well. I know that may sound a bit confusing but it's what suits me and that is the point, isn't it?
    Really feel that it's is best if you just do what is emotionally best for you in order to get the most from it.

Hope you soon get that sorted.
    All the very best to you....:)

4. pixar

pixar has to be done this year

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    did fl4i, then exante now back on WW
    i think both have their pros and cons

5. JOBUD

JOBUD Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi Emmaline
    Thanks for the reply. I think you're right and it's clearly working for you. I felt that if I'd carried on with propoints this week I would have given up by tuesday. I love to cook so I made some SW soup recipes and a lovely stew and filled up with healthy low fat food without weighing or counting. I feel really good, and I'm chuffed that I haven't resorted to chocolate or biscuits. Thanks again for the support.

Jo x

6. gizmochick

gizmochick Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i agree with pixar, both have pros and cons and it kinda depends on you as a person and what suits you and your lifestyle best. I've done both, and I'm finding SW much easier to "cope" with.

7. JOBUD

JOBUD Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi Pixar

Thanks for the reply. You're right. I think the trick is to pick the best out of both without cheating!

Jo x

8. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. They both work but one might suit you better. I chose the one where the leader was more supportive.

Irene xx

9. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi hun i have done w/w but prefer the flexibility of s/w good luck which ever u chose :)

10. pixar

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    hi im back again:) hi to ya all. I know I didn't really right much, i was in a bit of a rush but yer going back to the topic, is sw better or ww? like I said they both have their pros and cons

SW pros:- you can eat as much food as u like from the free list, no portion limits and even if yr sins have finished u can grab more food from the free food lists and fruit and fat free yogurt, so really there is no reason to feel hungry
    SW cons:- you cant grab food when yr outside, if u left the house in a sudden and was out all day, its very hard to find food from yr free food without piles of calories, even if u went for a jacket potato and said only put cheese ( from healthy extra ) u don't know how much cheese is on there, ok u can opt for just baked beans and make it free food, but its not always easy to find a jacket place, many times Ive had to buy a can of ravioli and eat it cold whilst i was out:)

WW pros:- grab food on the go, grab a sandwich from mostly anywhere as long as it has the label of cals and sat fat, you can eat mac's when yr out and about in town without worrying what can I eat, you can eat what u want really as long as u are in yr points...
    WW cons:- I think this con is fairly a large con as it is mainly the reason why people leave and go to SW, the points finish too quickly and the portion sizes are small, you are not going to get much for yr daily points and dont really ever get to feel satisfied, most the time you are left fairly hungry and when yr points finish u cant even grab a fruit

so i guess you have to weigh up the pros and cons on both diets, maybe one is not better than the other, i think they both have good points and bad, I personally think do both for a while and see which one works for u, I lost 4 stones changing from sw to ww every 1-2 months. Hope this helps xxx

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Sorry I have to disagree. Portion sizes dont need to be small, you decide your portion sizes yourself. If you follow WW guidelines about healthy eating and cooking then you get great value for your points. Have you seen how many people on the WW forums struggle to use their points every day??? There are just as many people leave SW to join WW as there are leave WW to join SW

If youre running out of points and feeling hungry then youre not using your points properly

And fruit is free now so you CAN grab fruit if you finish your points.

Both plans are excellent, it just depends from a personal point of view which one suits a persons lifestyle/requirements.

12. pixar

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    starlight i fink your referring to the propoints plan because in the discover points you cant eat fruit with in yr points and u dont have them extra 49 points, Yup i do see people saying that with the new pro points plan they cant finish their points, but i fink i should have made my statement clear by adding that i was talking about the discover plan because i know the pro points its diff

13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The pro points is the official WW plan, so anyone starting isnt going to be offered Discover. Discover isnt supported at classes or online so really anyone asking for advice is in effect asking for it based on Propoints. Although you get more points on PP everything has a higher points value so basically you still get exactly the same food wise.

14. pixar

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    I see, i thought discover plan was still the original plan for ww, I havent done ww or been to the classes in 4 years, a lot has changed, the same happened with sw, they had mix to max and now it isnt in their class or on the plan but others do it still, instead they have the extra easy plan.....why did they introduce propoints? is it meant to be more effective than discover plan, and now that pp is the main plan, are people still doing vp and getting good results?

15. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The plan changed to Propoints last year and thats now the only plan WW do.

Theres a Discover board on Minimins because some people prefer to stick to it (Ive never heard it referred to as VP lol) but for anyone going to classes/going online/buying books/calculators or even WW food its all Propoints now. Discover is obsolete as far as thats concerned

16. pixar

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    oh i heard alot people calling them vp as for vintage points, i didnt know that either but i learned that from here:p i just thought it was called points:) some call it discover, some call it vintage.... but anyway thanks for yr info starlight

17. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The main WW section on Minimins is for Propoints and the Discover one is for discover oddly enough ;)

But any posts/queries in the main section are assumed to be about PP :)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. pixar

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    thanks for yr info starlight, i just assumed anyone doing ww was most prob doing the old plan, and if they were doing pp they would mention pp....ile bare in mind that most ww dieters are doing the pp plan...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.