Weight Watchers Ready Meals..

laurenmay

Gold Member
I tend to buy 3 of these a week, the frozen ones, mainly because their always on offer and their quite tasty too, and low in calories. I don't eat them everyday, and much prefer fresh food like chicken and steamed veg or salmon etc. But some days I find myself so busy with work, then the gym, then picking the LO up and by the time I get home, tidy up and shower its quite late, so the convenience of a ready meal suits me then.

What are everyone's opinions on these though? I know they contain a lot of additives and preservatives to keep them, but are they that bad for you that 3 a week could hinder weight loss?

I know people that pretty much live on ready meals and lose weight on them x
I buy a variety of ready meals, some WW some asda good for you/ light choices or the kids ones like asda great stuff, I might have them twice a week if I'm making something unhealthy for DH, in the past I've had WW ready meals every night on diets and lost weight fine x

I always have a couple of weightwatchers meals in the freezer for emergencies. I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with them from time to time. I couldn't live on them as I try to cook for my whole family and ready meals are not really practical or economical.

Okay thanks both. And mrs s, I also have them when my OH is having something unhealthy, if he has a Chinese on the weekend then I'll have a WW chicken tikka masala so I don't feel so left out! Lol x

When I did WW I would eat a lot of the ready meals and lost weight on them. Its probably not the best thing for nutrients etc, but calorie wise OK

In the past I was a serial ready meal eater! So much so that my flat mates said they always knew when it was me cooking in the kitchen because they could hear me piercing the plastic film! At the time I was on WW and I consistently lost weight despite eating a lot of ready meals. I don't think it will hinder your weight loss at all but it's going to be better for you to have fresh food as opposed to processed stuff! I'm sure 3 would be fine :)

They are ok tbh, weight watchers mash is the best mash ever! Go to Iceland they have different things and it's cheap, weight watchers pizza with wedges is a nice treat :) x

I had the WW salmon mornay last night, and it was a lot nicer than I expected! Also love the lasagne & chicken tikka, makes me feel like I'm having something naughty even though I'm not!

Love weight watchers pizzas they are a life saver when everyone is eating dominos

Asda do a new range, meals under 400 cal. Some are around 300 cal. OMG, they are sooo nice, loads better than WW. I recommend the chicken in peppercorn sauce with roast potatoes & veg or the chicken enchiladas. There's at least 20 to choose from

I used to eat WW meals too,, they're ok, bland but good for emergencies. Asdas are better! I look forward to them. Yuuuummmm
Xxx

Innocent veg pots are good if you're looking at readymeals - all around 350 calories or less and very filling.

I like the Tesco Light Choices range - some of the frozen meals are really low calorie, like the chicken hotpot at something like 260 cals. I bulk them out with their micro steam veg pouches - broccoli, carrot and sweetcorn together in one handy little bag. Just call me the queen of ready meals! xx

I bulk mine out with the birds eye sunshine mix steamed veg bags that have broccoli, carrots and sweet corn - yummy! I quite like the WW frozen meals, I admit they used to be very bland and crap tasting, but they've changed them now and their really tasty!

I like the ready meals when I'm in a rush! They're very handy! :D

laurenmay said:
I bulk mine out with the birds eye sunshine mix steamed veg bags that have broccoli, carrots and sweet corn - yummy! I quite like the WW frozen meals, I admit they used to be very bland and crap tasting, but they've changed them now and their really tasty!

I used to have the Birds Eye ones too. They're just so handy. The Tesco ones are a bit bigger and 90 calories a bag, but they do fulfill the healthy eating rule about filling half your plate with veg, lol. xx

I really like eating ready meals at the moment because it's helping me to portion control and understand what amount of food I should be eating. I add extra salad or veg for some fresh food. (I like be good to yourself ones esp pasta bolognese)

Asda's fresh pouch range are very nice. Most are between 350-450 cals. I think the freshness of them beats any frozen meal.

I've just brought a tonne of ready meals to try to get portion size back under control without effort! My problem is I've done SW for to long and eaten 'lots of free food' but when I fall off the bandwagon, like now, I carry on eating the same size meals but crap!
Whether its healthy or not I dunno but short term I think it'll help me.... I only live with my daughter (2yrs old) so will have to cook for her too but shes quite fussy so I tend to cook different meals for her anyway!

I love ready meals, always great to have some in I think. I meant to look today in Morrisons and totally forgot!

Back