Weight watchers the coeliac way...

millieliza

Hello everyone!

Last time I posted on here was in September and I was on WW...I was really struggling with some unknown illness - turned out to be Coeliac disease! I tried to carry on with WW but found it hard with my new diagnosis, it just didn't fit in to my new lifestyle. I know plenty of people suffer with coeliac disease and find WW easy but I just did not, I can't explain why!

So I came over to the dark side (the first time since 2014) and joined SW with a girl at my work. I lost 8lbs in my first week!! And I am now in my second week, feeling very motivated.

Since my coeliac diagnosis I feel much better in myself - I do not feel bloated after everything I put in my mouth. I thought it was normal to feel 10 months pregnant after a sandwich...turns out its not...:doh:

So...hello again, this will be my journal of diet thoughts and musings. Possibly a bit of moaning that I cant eat soft toastie bread any more too, and now not through choice!

:sw007:

Welcome back Millieliza :classic_smile:

Fabulous weight loss on your first week👏👏👏

Fantastic to get your first half stone award:sw007:

I’m gluten intolerant and totally off all gluten for the last four weeks and already feel so much better in myself...gluten is in foods you never imagine, so I am constantly reading label’.

I might try making cloud bread...not sure if it is worth the effort :classic_oops:

Welcome back Millieliza :classic_smile:

Fabulous weight loss on your first week👏👏👏

Fantastic to get your first half stone award:sw007:

I’m gluten intolerant and totally off all gluten for the last four weeks and already feel so much better in myself...gluten is in foods you never imagine, so I am constantly reading label’.

I might try making cloud bread...not sure if it is worth the effort :classic_oops:

Thans Mini! Was shocked at my loss, usually a slow loser.

Oh I have never heard of cloud bread, I like the warburtons GF tiger loaf. But at £3 a loaf it is so expensive!

Happy Monday!

I lost 1.5lbs on Saturday and I am so very pleased with myself! I have lost 9.5lbs in two weeks - more than I have ever lost on any diet in two weeks.

It does make me wonder if eating gluten was making me hold on to water or fat or something like that...I know most people lose weight before they're diagnosed coeliac but I never did. But now it seems 'easier' to lose weight. Food for thought, excuse the pun.

This weekend was hard, I really wanted white bread and yorkshire puddings and a normal big mac meal. Having coeliac makes it easier to say no to these things because it makes you very ill. But also it makes it incredibly hard as it's not my choice to say no to these delicious foods. I am lucky to have a supportive partner who moved his yorkshire puddings out of my eyeline before I pounced on it.

I have now downloaded a GF Yorkshire pudding recipe...

Monday again...

In better news I lost 2lbs this week!! I am very pleased with myself. 11.5lbs off in three weeks :woohoo:

I have 2.5lbs for my stone award and I would LOVE to get that this week...

I am going to plan my meals for the week (I usually do anyway) and I have the following exercise planned in:

Monday: Teaching Spin class
Tuesday: Go for Run
Wednesday: Go to spin class
Thursday: Teaching spin class
Friday: Teaching spin class

Getting my stone award would also take me in to a new stone bracket that I haven't been in for around 2 years! So please keep all your fingers and toes crossed for me!

Well...I stayed the same this week! But, my period started on weigh day so there is my culprit :( I am always heavier the week before I start my period and then my body levels out when it arrives.

So I had far too much wine on saturday as I was very much in a F it mood! :boohoo: But I got back on it on saturday and lets hope I can get the stone award in the next couple of weeks, fingers crossed. I have been upping my speed like there is no tomorrow, I am having spinach with pretty much everything, stocked up on a bunch of speedy fruits for snacks and I am hoping this goes someway to help me get that award!

Hope everyone else is doing fab

I am actually still here...
I have lost 5.5lbs since the last time I checked in here and reached my stone award, now working towards that club 10 award!

I have been incredibly busy and my Spin Classes have really begun to take off, I am now teaching 4 a week (soon to be 5) and can see and feel my body becoming smaller and leaner. Really loving it.

Had a bit of a meltdown last weekend as my boyfriend decided he wanted a bagel from my favourite bagel shop which does ZERO gluten free bagels (but some lovely nachos mind). I loved this bagel place before I got diagnosed coeliac and it was a proper treat (at £6.50 a bagel it would have to be a treat really...). I got my nachos and OH got his bagel and I went in a right strop about it. Even cried on the drive home. WOW, who knew food would have such an impact on our lives? Anyway, the nachos were to DIE for, I expected nothing less from this place really!

Hope everyone else is getting on ok?

:sw007: :sw014:

Awww that’s horrid
Didn’t you have horrid symptoms after every bagel though? Just think about those horrible symptoms every time you see the bagel shop 😂😂xxx

Hello! Yeah I had horrible symptoms all day every day as I ate loads with gluten in :doh: the thought of feeling that unwell again is exactly why I didn't just give up and have a bagel, not to mention it would ruin my insides! xxx

Specially since you haven't eaten gluten in a while your body would go into shock.make sure you have a go -to for if he has sthg with gluten in. That you don't usually have? Like a treat?

💙

Well, the world has changed quite a bit since I was last one here :classic_eek:

I am proud to say that through lockdown I stayed the same weight :stickdance:I completed the Joe Wicks workout each morning and walked a lot.

It was my 30th in July and we got a puppy 💕 a little Golden Retriever we called Cooper. He is now 4 months old and he brings so much love and joy to our lives it is unreal! I also got my very own spin bike for my 30th - I think I was extra spoilt since we couldn't go abroad as I has always wanted to for the big 3 0.

Since July I have lost an extra 8lbs and swapped to WW as I was just falling out of love with SW and also my consultant...nothing like a pandemic to bring out the real side of folks.

On that note...how do I change my diary to WW instead of SW thanks for any help.

Hope you all stayed/are staying safe! 😍

Well done on not gaining any weight during lockdown and on losing 8lbs since July👏👏👏

Belated birthday wishes and congratulations on your new puppy.

I see you changed your title...do you want your diary moved to the WW forum or the general diet forum?

Thank you Mini :)

If I could be moved to the General Diet Forum that would be fab, thank you so much lovely!

Well done on not gaining any weight during lockdown and on losing 8lbs since July👏👏👏

Belated birthday wishes and congratulations on your new puppy.

I see you changed your title...do you want your diary moved to the WW forum or the general diet forum?

I have moved you to the general diary forum and left a redirect but if you want to move it from here I will. :classic_smile:

Thank you Mini :)

So yesterday was my first full day on plan since my in laws came to visit two weeks ago...I just really struggled to get back on it and kept giving myself little allowances that I shouldn't have.

I have noticed that my snacking is where I falter, my meals are generally really yummy and I look forward to lunch and dinner (breakfast is a smoothie as I struggle to eat early on). I could easily eat 3 bags of crisps and a cookie in one day if my points allow it, and sometimes they do as I eat a lot of veggies and protein for my main meals so a lot of it is free or very low points.

So I have decided the following:

Snacking Rules
2 POINTED snacks per day
1 Sweet (choc, biscuit, Haribo etc)
1 Savoury (Crisps, crackers, cheese, nuts etc)

If I want more snacks than this then I need to have fruit or veg.
If there is a birthday/celebration I will allow myself ONE extra pointed snack

I feel as though this will give me a little more control over what I am consuming and possibly help me reign it all back in a little more!

I have to go work 😭 but I plan on coming back during my lunch and giving you all the low down on the WW Green Plan :)

WW Green Plan - Low down!

The WW Green Plan is the OG Smart Points Plan which I managed to lose 3 stone on a few years ago.
You get the most amount of Points on this plan compares to the Blue and Purple Plans.

I get 30 smart points a day (this is the least amount of points you can get)
I get 35 weekly points - which I can use throughout the week or I can use them all at once!

There is then your FREE foods this includes your non-starchy fruits and veggies (basically everything except potatoes and avocados).

I love the WW app as you can scan foods, track and even talk online with other WW members.

So there is a mini lowdown on the WW Green Plan :)

Food Today:

Breakfast: Berry Smoothie (4sp)

Lunch: Itsu Katsu Rice Noodles with chicken (7sp)

Dinner: Steak, potatoes and cheese (9sp)

Snacks: Orange, Grapes, Gluten Free Cookie (3sp)

Points left: 7sp + 8sp rolled over

Exercise: Plan to go on my spin bike for 30 minutes once puppy is having a nap :)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So far I am happy with today, think I will have a packet of crisps in between dinner and bed and probably some more grapes after work as I am ALWAYS ravenous when I get home!

I had a NSV (non-scale victory) at work last week, obviously I haven't seen many of the Staff since March this year. But one of the caretakers (who I get on with really well, he is so lovely) said:
'I hope you're not offended but have you lost weight?' of course I was far from offended! Another colleague in my team mentioned the same to me on GCSE results day when we were in! So happy people are starting to notice and its not just my clothes feeling looser now!

Best get back to work :)

Weigh Day Friday!

Weigh in: -2lbs :cool:

Woohoo Friday, the end of the week *dances*

Very happy with my 2lbs loss this week, especially since last night I went home and the steak was off and by the time we got round to making dinner it was already 8pm. My other half decided he was going to collect us a takeaway as he couldn't be bothered going to Tesco and then cooking.

We had a McDonalds and I am very proud to say that after my McDonalds, which usually leads to chocolate etc, I just had water before bed. I think that is why I still lost the 2lbs! So happy and proud of myself 😍 Also went on my spin bike last night for 30 mins so felt really svelte after that.

Tonight though, is takeaway night and we have our hearts set on a chinese. My local chinese does some GF dishes that I can have and it is always delicious. My weeklies have renewed so they will go towards my chinese this evening.

The headteacher has ordered everyone cake today, except me, I got nakd bars as I don't think she knew what to order a coeliac

😆 however, my lovely colleague who was organising the cakes realised this and went out of her way to go and get me an M&S GF Victoria sponge, my god they are so blooming delicious.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the cleaners have been helping themselves to my GF cookies (which are only 3sp each) in the evenings...I wouldn't normally care but due to Covid19 I feel a bit funny about strangers touching my food...will update you all on cookiegate on Monday 😂

Happy Monday!

Another week begins, I have a feeling this one is going to be a busy one.
This weekend was really busy; built our new bed, seen a friend, went to puppy class, completed food shopping and planning and sorted the house out too. Even managed to get on my Spin Bike Saturday and Sunday for 30 mins. Going to try and do at least 20 minutes a day on my spin bike.

Food wise I was good yesterday, Friday and Saturday I indulged a little bit (oops). However, proud of myself for reigning it in on Sunday.
I need to stop allowing Friday to spill in to Saturday so much..hmm. That is my challenge for this week, I managed to do it for Sunday so I should be able to do it *Fingers Crossed*.

Food (so far) today looks like:

Lunch:
Curry and Rice, Orange and a bag of Crisps (9sp)
Dinner: Steak, potatoes and cheese (9sp)
Snacks: Orange, Grapes, Cookie (3sp) and crisps (5sp) = 8sp Total

Failure to plan is planning to fail :)

Back