Consolidation Weight

Gosh Anja - so was it losing weight do you think that messed up your cycle? I have heard that some people have irregular cycles on low carb diets, but yours is somewhat less than 'irregular' (unless you're on the sort of pill I am, where I was warned it could happen!)

Yes I did think that's what did it, timing was spot on (I think one TOTM after starting) but have not investigated further. Cycles were already not perfect and quite short before they stopped. Not been on pill since pre-kids 2003, was planning to get 'all that' sorted but then it became less urgent... In any case I was/am not planning on more kids - PHEW :eek: so no worries there. Who knows, this may be unrelated and I'm in early menopause - no tell-tale symptoms though! One day I will get round to seeing my GP, no idea what she will tell me though! As I said my body was not designed to work past 40 - everything is breaking down :sigh:

I think I may be marginally under my 'true' weigh, but then my goal was a weight I had comfortably maintained before - my weightloss is only based on a size goal, not a number, so I based it on the weight I had maintained at the size goal I had set.

Again (and as I have also mentioned in my diary, but this thread will likely get more views) with the PCOS I often don't have a TOTM, which throws things even more - water retention is obviously expected at the TOTM, but if you're due for it and it never arrives - do you still experience the same water retention? Like Phantom TOTM water retention? Speculating here!

Either way I couldn't imagine water retention for me being 5lbs TOTM or otherwise :(

No but we're not talking about water retention here, BE... we're talking about the glycogen stock returning... forever... unless you are unlucky enough to need to return to a low carb diet (aren't we?!)

I have the same thing re no TOTMs so never put any ups or downs on the scales to that.

Anja - you really ought to see a doctor (cos if you're in menopause, aren't here some supplements you need to be taking?)!

As for our bodies going downhill after 40, I hear you! As an obese smoker, I too had far fewer health issues than now (I was diagnosed with arthrosis AFTER losing my weight), but I tell myself to imagine how bad it could have been lugging around another 11 stone odd!

Sorry I should have quoted Atropos' post at the top where she mentions water retention, I was thinking of that when I posted.

I could quite comfortably live on a low carb diet - my issue right now is that my gain since starting conso has been steadily increasing, apparently now each day. This is still basically on a PV diet, I haven't been terribly interested in the bread or cheese allowance, fruit, starch and celebration.

In theory (stay with me here) if you were to exercise less after starting conso (when in fact you can exercise more due to the return of the glycogen and water) could that possibly be a reason for a marked weight increase?
My entire linear concept of this is quite minimal as you can see!

Re your last sentence - I haven't a clue but I never exercise "much" anyway... just my marathon walks :)

I will say that ive upped the veg this week and seen a gain !!!!

I ate lots of salad at lunch and tea last night and gained :-( but I still refuse to accept that lettuce and the like will make me fat! Just fill up my empty cells again with water, perhaps... so they must have needed it!

In real life, people eat veg and salad twice a day, and so will I again... one day

but were not real people hun

I'll pinch you on Monday to prove that you are real! ;)

you will have to catch me first lol !!!! ...ok not normal then !!!

Back