weight

1982shelly82

ok so ive just weighed myself. couldt wait till monday and believe it or not ive put on at least 6 pounds by the looks of my scales. how do you work that out.
that has really pissed me off big time. i might as well give up now. it could only happen to me!! :cry:

Don't give up, come Monday you could have lost and if you go and eat anything you will never know, Our body weight goes up and down daily apparently so stay focused and see what Monday bring, Are you excercising? Try and stay away from the scales and just weigh yourself once a week, i go to class and get weighed and never weigh myself at home. Keep going and keep your chin up. xxx

OK firstly, don't worry.

It might not be the case that you have put that much weight on. Are you using the same scales? Have you moved the scales? Are the scales breaking? Are you wearing the same clothes? Might you have retained some water?

I once read that I'd put on 2lb and an hour later my scales said I had lost 3lb! They fluctuate, particularly the ones we have at home.

Stick to the plan. If you are doing SW with a class, wait until the weigh in at your class.

If you are going it alone, consider setting a same-time-each-week appointment with yourself at Boots or somewhere with professional scales.

And, if you can (I know it's hard!), try and weigh yourself weekly. Don't become a slave to your scales!

If you have actually put on, think about what you might have done wrong. It might be something little (weighing your healthy extras, using the wrong type of milk, thinking something is free that isn't).

But DON'T give up!

Wait until Monday and see what happens on the scales then.

Good luck with it all and don't worry,

Ste
x

the scales i use cost me about 3 quid from argos. i need to get some proper ones maybe the weight watcher ones or digital ones. i do exercise everyday. i do 60 mins on treadmill and its not gonna be muscle as ive only been doing diet five days and cant of built my muscles up that much in that amount of days. god i knew this would happen. only use skimmed milk x

Hello there

it is totm??? And depends wot time of the day you weigh yourself etc, when i weigh in morning , and then re-weighed (slap wrists) in afternoon , i can gain up to half a stone.

Don't know if you aware of any of this as only recently come back to this site after joining in aug 08 - hth

all the best - julie x

P.S. ALSO WANTED TO ADD - I USED TO GO TO GYM 5 DAYS A WEEK AND LOT OF EXCESS TISSUE/FLAB ETC TURNED INTO MUSCLE AND I GAINED AS WELL. EVEN THO U MAY LOSE IN INCHES YOU MAY NOT LOSE VIA SCALES - HTH XX

Last edited:
If you have gained 6lb so quickly it is most lightly it is glycogen which is mostly made up of water.

This happens when you over eat too many sweet things or foods that are high in carbs.

If you throw in the towel now and keep eating to con-fort yourself you will surely gain weight and the only thing that will do is make you feel more depressed.

Calm down and take a step back.

I am sure SW have some lovely recipes that would be both filling and healthy which can give you some control back over your eating and how you are feeling.

You could be due totm which would also explain the sudden weight gain.

Weight fluctuates throughout the day and the week so if the scales are going to upset you every time you get on then why not leave it to your class leader to weigh you once again.

If you are not eating over the course of the day by the way and missing meal this can lead to being over hungry and then causing you to lose control in the evenings.

You are not going through anything different than most of us go through when we are fed up with our weight and want to do something about it...

It can take a few set backs like this that you are having now before you get the swing of it.

Best to keep moving forward and take it easy with yourself for you are doing your best and it takes awhile to stop old habits and put in place new ones.

Love Mini xxx

i am on my monthlys but probably on last day so it cant be that. i just dont know what it is. as im nearly off me monthlys me weight should of dropped. im so annoyed.thanks for all your help anyway xx

Weighing yourself once on a set of scales that you bought for a few quid from Argos doesn't mean you've put on 6lbs. This is why you should weigh yourself once a week on a professional scale at the same time, preferably wearing the same or similar clothes.

Don't be annoyed, and stick to it. You don't just randomly put 6lbs on if you're following Slimming World to the letter.

I agree with everyone just weigh yourself once a week on a set of scales you know are spot on if not at class in boots or somewhere, as for totm i weigh about 3-4lbs heavier for about 4 days after its gone so it could still be that
Keep your chin up keep going and you will see the results

Gen xx

3341.gif

Sometimes the scales can become your worst enemy.

Along with putting too much pressure on yourself.

*Hugs*

Love Mini xxx

Invest in a good set of electronic scales - sounds like the cheapie ones you have are very unreliable! You can't possibly have gained 6lbs in five days, even if you were bingeing like mad every day you wouldn't gain that much fat - I do recall from my days of calorie counting that you have to eat something like 3000 calories, IN EXCESS of what you need, to gain 1lb of fat a week, so logically there is no way you've gained 6lbs of fat. It might possibly be fluid retention that's happening for hormonal reasons, in which case it will dissipate naturally and if you keep on track, you should see a big loss again next week.

Keep your chin up, and get some decent scales. :)

Hi hun, i agree with all of the above, just wait until you get to your class and get weighed in. If you do gain at class your consultant will ask you what sort of things you have been eating etc and maybe ask you to write out diary sheets, or check your sheets if you are already writing them wrong. Good luck and don't worry x

thanks guys. i turned off for a bit and had a cry. im very low at the minute and really need to loose weight to make myself feel better. i cant afford to put anymore weight on. hopefully i am going to my first class monday night so i can get weighed properly and after that i will buy some proper scales. x

Back