WeightView

LightRaven

What doesn't kill me.....
Hey guys, wanted to pass this along.

I was avoiding work on Friday and surfing the net and somehow came across a website that will take a photo of you and then produce another photo of you up to 50 lbs lighter than your original picture!

The best part? It's FREE! I've come across this idea before, but the site was charging $20 a pic.

The downside? Apparently they are a Facebook community. And to obtain your finished and lighter pictures, you have to get it from their facebook site. Which means A) you need a Facebook account (which I do, but anyways) B) everyone will see your picture.

On the other hand, I believe only other people who have joined this community and have pictures altered themselves can see them.

This is supposed to be an awesome motivator for weightloss. Personally, I have a very hard time visualizing myself as slim. Even about 6 years ago, when I had lost most of my weight... i can't remember what I look like back then.... because I have been overweight all my adult life.. all of my teenage years. I've only ever been thin as a young child.

I think I will try it. I will have to have my mom take a full length picture of me. I'll share my results once I do it. Apparently it takes up to 72 hours for them to produce it. Atleast you know its not some computer randomly doing it.. I guess.

Homepage | WeightView: Virtual Weight Loss

LR

How interesting, i think i might have to give this a go too. Cant wait to see your pics LR. Shame it only goes to 50lbs ligher, it would be fun to see myself at ideal weight, I have never been there so it would be like looking at a total stranger lol

Yea, I was thinking that too.. why not more than 50 lbs? But maybe it has to do with images looking as realistic as possible. You wouldn't want to submit a picture asking for a 100 lbs loss and then get a picture back that looks cartoonish.

I haven't submitted my picture yet, forgot to have my mom take a full length pic. Will try tonight! :D

LR

Sass, have you tried it yet? I haven't yet.. I still need to take a full body pic and well.... my hair has looked horrid the past week because of the humidity. (It's been raining here for more than a week straight!) Stupid reason, but if I am going to get a pic of me 50 lbs lighter, then I better look good and not all frumpy! :8855:

LR

:8855:LR, no i haven't done it yet, like you I'm a bit worried about how i look in the pic and also who will get to it see it once its been done. I wouldn't want it to be on my profile on face book, i would die with shame even if it showed me 50lbs lighter lol On the other hand i do really want to see what i would look like.

Oh LR, i just took the plunge - 72hrs from now i'm going to be 50lbs lighter :8855:

:character00115:Wouldn't it be great if you could really lose weight that quick!
:8855:
Tish

I tried to take a pic last night and my camera says my memory card is corrupt! :mad:

I'll try this weekend with my mom's camera. Let us know how it goes!!

LR

I just checked my emails to find that my 50lbs lighter pic had already come through. My first thought when looking at it was omg i still don't like the way i look but when i looked at it closer its because the pic is badly altered, it looks like they have tucked me in at the hips & taken some off my legs but left my fat face & chunky arms, i look really out of proportion. I really didn't like what i saw :cry:

Aw Sass.. I'm sorry.. don't get too upset. Maybe the picture you provided wasn't close enough in the face to alter it without you looking weird? I looked at their gallery online and the pictures they have up seem pretty good... maybe you could do another?

LR

Yea i have thought about doing another but i will wait till i get a good pic first, the pic i uploaded was just a random full length and was from quite a distance and i also had a lose fitting t-shirt on so maybe that didn't help either.

Yea, from what I read, you are supposed to wear form fitting clothes. Hopefully I will have a little better luck this weekend. Let me know how the second pic goes if you decide to do it. :)

LR

Back