Weightwatchers food shocker!!

Hi desireeanne, how you doing?

I agreee, WW do seem to be able to hike their prices, simply because of the name WW!! I do buy some of their products if they are on offer though, particularly if they are within our 5g/100g allowance, but like we're all noticing, spending time reading labels is quite amazing at what top brands consider to be "low fat", especially when compared to the normal range, there sometimes is only a tiny difference!!

Food labelling laws need to have a serious shake up!!

i hardly buy much WW at all and i have noticed by reading labels that a lot of shops own brands non low fat stuff is actually in the 5/100g rule

Yeah I've noticed that aswell Sal! and they're cheaper! Haha

Yay for cheaper and "proper" low fat own brands!! Were would be without them?!

Good thanks desireeanne, been a good girl this weekend, which makes up for last weekend!! Feel a whole lot better for it too!!

Does it really?! I'll be looking into that!! :D

ooo does it :D will be looking into flavoured milk then. not sure it will taste nice in coffee thou lol lol

I never realised till today the phili isnt in the rules :( but tescos own version is :) i was shocked!! Like you say so much stuff is supposed to be low fat but far from it.. the skinny cow hot chocolate is called low fat, but it no where near low fat, neither is the options :

Yeah...tesco's also does an extra light cream cheese..Good and deffinately within the limit.. :D

Really Rach??!! Oh no!! What about Cadburys Highlights? I have one of those a day at work, I'll have a check tomorrow and let you know! Saying that though, after nearly two months of having my belvitas for breakfast I realised I'd read the label wrong and they are also over the limit, but I've been taking tablets with them, and they keep me filled up until lunch, so I'm going to stick with them! I'm still ok for the 15g meal rule, so I'm relying on that instead!!

I am finding desireeanne that I'm still hungry, and still have the desire to have food, but like you, I'm finding a lot less is satisfying me, four instance 3 or 4 ryvitas with cottage cheese and a yoghurst for lunch is sufficient, rather than the whole host of things I used to eat.

As well as philli not being ok for us, the primula "low fat" cheese in a tube is well, anything but "low fat"!!

All the things we love that cant have :( but then there is so much we can too!! So many things i thought would be a nono, i found some frozen chicken wraps by findus in tesco and they are in the rule :) not checked the high lights yet!! Sometimes i think it depends what the food is as whether we will have effects even if they are not in the rule!! I have read a few labels wrong lately, dont know how i am managing it!! I find i am still hungry so far, but maybe not quite as bad as i was. I'm getting better at resisting when i do feel peckish though!! I drink alot of water with juice now!! I also tend to go and cut up an apple if i am hungry which is a huge change for me!!

Had another encounter today with WW food today!!

There’s a birthday here at work and as usual cakes have arrived, but the birthday lady has very graciously thought of us dieters and has brought in some WW cakes!!

Now, can anyone work this out??

WW MINI (and I stress the work mini!) Chocolate cupcakes

Fat – per 100g – 21.1g – per cake – 4.3g

Asda’s own French Fancy

Fat – per 100g – 9.6g – per fancy – 2.6g

I kid you not!!

Absolutely unreal!! Just shows, as we have previously said that just because it’s WW does not automatically mean that it’s the bees knees!!

what i have found is the only good (ish) cakes from WW is the lemon cake and carrot cake. their crisps and cookies/biscuits are awful and almost as bad or in some cases worse than standard brands

I will put some sweet recipes on the forum and although some of the ingredients are over the 5g rule because they are so small and the amount is spread over a large recipe it doesn't affect you toilet wise but will curb the pangs you have....I will put how many calories and servings it is also
:):)

Back