Weird but wonderful lunch!!

SaraC

Pesky pescetarian from Australia!
Hiya,

Well you may think I am weird (most do!! :p) but I thought I would tell you about my weird but wonderful lunch which is free on a Green Day!!

I am having a baked sweet potato (done in the microwave) with leftover SW quiche from last night mixed up so it's like a cottage cheese with extras in!! The sweetness of the potato mixes with the savoury of the quiche and it's gorgeous!!!

What is everyone having for lunch today?

I've just had a lovely bowl full of home made minestrone soup. Free on green/EE and so hearty and filling!

Having my usual boring sandwiches. Wish I was adventurous like you guys! I usually bring the equivalent of an entire fruit shop in for lunch at work but only have satsumas and bananas today. Might start spending more time planning lunches than I do dinners :)

I feel a real pig!

I've had a whole 'tray' of Veetee Basmati & Wild Rice (1 syn on EE & Green - a scary 17.5 syns on red!) & half a large tin of pink salmon.

I had, butternut squash, salad (cuc, toms & peppers) with tuna & low fat yoghurt (instead of mayo), very nice; followed by WW Strawberry tart.;)

I had last nights left over bacon, mushroom and pea pasta with a tbsp of pesto and hot pepper sauce - delish!!!

Oh finished off with a Mullerlight!!

Yummy Yummy! :)

I brought in a jacket potato and beans - SO much better and more filling than my usual poxy ryvita, cottage cheese and veggies.

Saying that whenever I come on here I start to get hungry again! Mint crunch hifi bar here I come..

i had a huge jacket potato with beans and cheese and a plate of salad and onions
i have one healthy extra b left to have my have 2 alpen light bars

I've just had a lovely bowl full of home made minestrone soup. Free on green/EE and so hearty and filling!

oohh can i have the recipe i love making soup but have never tried minestrone

Your lunch sounded really nice - I love sweet potato! I ended up having a weightwatchers chicken curry because I was in such a rush and had no food left in the house! It was actually nice (first time I had tried them) and is 6 1/2 syns so within my allowance! :)

I took a food-flask with lentil and vegetable soup with quorn bacon pieces in it on my course, plus 3 babybelle light (A), 2 clems, 2 apples and Alpen Light (B). Managed to resist the biscuits, cake and buffet even if I didn't learn much! A successful day I'd say!

Back