Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi Brothers Slim,

Nah, my real name is Kirsty but my user name is indeed in hommage to the great man from Fringe. :D

Then I shall doth my cap in your direction... :D

It's a great show I only stumbled upon 6 months ago...

I have been doing sw since October, but with the festive season coming I have only lost 6lbs in total. I am really looking forward to getting my head down and getting on with the plan. I have never done sw before but have enjoyed it so far.

Good luck everyone!

Welcome to all newbies on here. You have or are about to join a wonderful weight loss plan, slimming world. You will have lots of support and help on this great forum, just bob on and post away, there is always someone on here to help!

bump

Hi all, I have been here a few weeks I think but still finding my way round so still new!

I'm Danni and I started my journey in 09 when my daughter was 18 months old. I hit target 6 months later and maintained it for 11 months when my weight started going up again cos I was 3 months pregnant. My son was born in August and I went bk to class when he was 6 weeks old (I followed plan as much as poss during pregnancy) he is 21 weeks old on Monday and I am 4.5lb away from target so hoping to get that on my next wi on 9th jan as I can't attend this Monday.

Hi all

I'm planning to join this week. Anyone know if classes are on monday this week as its a bank hol? Or is it choose a class starting tues onwards?

I've done WW before and calorie counting. I lost 5 stone at home but have put around 1.5 stone back on, I'm determined not to slip any more. I'm already angry with myself for putting weight back on, but got bored I think with it all.

I need fresh motivation, new challenges and to eat well. I've just signed up for charity place in the Great North Run, as I used to run and the motivation and need to train I find helps me.

I look forward to popping in and chatting with everyone and hopefully getting fitter and thinner this year :)

Jane

hello!

I used to attend group and lost nearly 2 stone, but it's been a bit of a hectic half a hear and I've impressively managed to put it all back on again. My OH has decided he needs to lose weight too, so we're doing it together, which should make things easier - plus, he's a stubborn sod and will keep me on track with keeping my exercise levels up too.

We're having a bit of a treat for tea tonight, then doing the dreaded weigh-in tomorrow. I'm probably going to join SW online rather than go back to group as I suspect OH will be all the added motivation I need.

elle

Hi frccle classes will be open Monday sw is open 52 weeks a yr. If you go online and find the class u want to attend and call the cons just to check xx

Great thread.Welcome to all the newbies:) this really is a wonderful forum and has helped me no end.The support on here is just fab!!! Good luck:)

Hi All,
I will be starting back on plan Monday. Will be following the plan at home as really cant afford and dont have time to attend classes.
Lost 3 stone last year between ww and sw but went off the rails in September and I know I have put a lot back on. Will weigh myself on Tuesday morning and start from then.
Will be doing mainly green days with red days mainly at the weekend.
Hope to loose at least 2 & 1/2 stone for my wedding anniversery May.

Best of luck to everyone joining. This site is brilliant and is a great help and support..

Hi Im not new to slimming world but new to this board and think the support is amazing. I am an ex consultant (back in the day before extra easy) but caring for my group meant neglecting myself so im back on the plan from this week. Got 3 stone to lose but determined to get my head in gear. Best wishes to everyone starting this week

Thanks for this! I am restarting after a break of a few years. Being content has taken its toll! Looking to lose about 1 1/2 stone on total.

Another newbie :)

Hi everyone :) I'm Sarah and I'm another newbie to this forum. I tried WW before they changed to PP and I managed to lose 1.5 stone, but I didn't get along with PP so I gave up (and put the weight back on and then some!) I'm going to my first Slimming World meeting on Wednesday. I'm a bit nervous but I'm sure once I get over those first meeting nerves I'll be ok. I'd like to lose about 3.5 stone. One of my best friends is getting married in August and I'm a bridesmaid so ideally I'd like to have lost most of it by then. Here's to 2012 being my year :)

Hi everyone! Like some of the others, I'm new to these boards, although I have done SW before. Starting out with it again today (and despite post NYE hangover, have been good so far). Weighed in this morning - heaviest ever, arrggghhh!!! Got 4 stone to lose to get back to a healthy weight. I'm going to be doing this at home, so would love to make some friends on here for support ANC to share this with.

Anyway, good luck everyone, old and new - let's make 2012 the best ever.

Andi

2012 is the year to get it off and KEEP it off!

Hi everyone!
I'm also new on here and although I have done SW before and lost weight I have managed to put it all back on and more... :cry:
So, I want to start again at home and would appreciate the support. I may join a group at some stage. But I have about 4 stone to lose :sigh: but am going to take it in stages - I am at my heaviest (except when I was pregnant)!
Look forward to helping and being helped through our journeys!
Sharon x

Hi, my name is Michael, but my family call me Malc.

And me and my sister have just spent the last year (2011) losing weight using slimmers world at home. I have struggled my whole life with my weight and believe that i was at my heaviest at new years 2010. We both spent last year eating healthier and getting our minds in the right place to give us the focus to keep the weight off for good.

At my heaviest i am ashamed to say i was well over the 25 stone mark, and i was always laughing and joking about being big, hiding behind a smile. After seeing a picture of me where i looked twice (if not more) the size of my friends, i decided enough was enough.

My sister decided she needed to also loose a bit of weight, so we started our journey together. In the space of a year i have lost about 6 stone 10 pounds and hope that my next weigh in i will hit the 7. This is the happiest i have been within myself as long as i can remember, i now go to the gym 3 times a week and enjoy it.

You could say that starting to loose weight has made me start living and i'm just sorry that it has taken my whole adult life to figure that out.

As part of my goals for 2012 i wrote down that i was going to join this site and make posts as often as i can, i look forward to getting to know all of you and to be inspired by you.

A huge thank you,

Malc-D

Hello to all newbies! It's great to have you onboard. You'll find some invaluable help and advice on this board and everyone's lovely. Happy posting and have fun! :)

Hi everyone! Technically I am not a new member as I joined in 2008 but despite my good intentions, I didn't actually start my 'diet' (I hate the word diet!) and I didn't post much.....

I started SW 6 months ago and since then I have lost nearly 5 and a half stone - can't quite believe it myself, think my brain needs time to catch up!

Onwards and upwards - hopefully I will master how to use this site now!

Hi everyone :) I'm Sarah and I'm another newbie to this forum. I tried WW before they changed to PP and I managed to lose 1.5 stone, but I didn't get along with PP so I gave up (and put the weight back on and then some!) I'm going to my first Slimming World meeting on Wednesday. I'm a bit nervous but I'm sure once I get over those first meeting nerves I'll be ok. I'd like to lose about 3.5 stone. One of my best friends is getting married in August and I'm a bridesmaid so ideally I'd like to have lost most of it by then. Here's to 2012 being my year :)

Welcome Sarah... I know that with our help and the support of your group you will be looking stunning in time for your friends wedding and possibly even eclipse the bride... GOOD LUCK!! :love047:

And me and my sister have just spent the last year (2011) losing weight using slimmers world at home. I have struggled my whole life with my weight and believe that i was at my heaviest at new years 2010. We both spent last year eating healthier and getting our minds in the right place to give us the focus to keep the weight off for good.

At my heaviest i am ashamed to say i was well over the 25 stone mark, and i was always laughing and joking about being big, hiding behind a smile. After seeing a picture of me where i looked twice (if not more) the size of my friends, i decided enough was enough.

My sister decided she needed to also loose a bit of weight, so we started our journey together. In the space of a year i have lost about 6 stone 10 pounds and hope that my next weigh in i will hit the 7. This is the happiest i have been within myself as long as i can remember, i now go to the gym 3 times a week and enjoy it.

You could say that starting to loose weight has made me start living and i'm just sorry that it has taken my whole adult life to figure that out.

As part of my goals for 2012 i wrote down that i was going to join this site and make posts as often as i can, i look forward to getting to know all of you and to be inspired by you.

A huge thank you,

Malc-D

Welcome Malc... It's great to see more men on here, we the smaller minority again... ha ha
Well done with all the weight loss to date and I know that this year WILL be your year...!!!

Back