Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

I put on 5.5lb over Christmas! soooo disappointed with myself! I am determined to do it now, I never want to feel like that again! x

Hi all, I have been a member of the forum but I have not actively participated. I have done SW before with some success, at the beginning of 2011 I lost quite a bit of weight and really thought that I had conquered my weight issues for good with just healthy eating and exercise. Though, life got in the way and our personal circumstances changed not for the better and the last six months or so have spent in a constant state of worry.
The weight has just piled back on and I basically feel pretty awful about myself. I am unable to attend classes at the moment due to the major change in circumstances, my wedding is supossed to be in June though at the moment we are not sure if we will be abe to go ahead :cry:.

I really feel that I need to get my weight under control, I really hope things will change for us in the near future and the wedding will go ahead, well I don't want to look like this. I also feel that its so important to deal with my weight issues as I really don't want our two children to follow in my footsteps and have an unhealthy relationship with food.
I am going through my old SW books and getting a meal plan ready and will face the scales on Saturday morning and whatever they say I will move onwards and downwards. :D

I'm Emma, finally joining SW to lose 3 stone, hopefully!! Joining my local group tonight and am looking forward to losing this weight. Starting at 13st 10lbs x

I'm Emma, finally joining SW to lose 3 stone, hopefully!! Joining my local group tonight and am looking forward to losing this weight. Starting at 13st 10lbs x

Hi Emma and welcome...

3 stone, that's quite a bit but I know you will get there...

Me and you have similar targets... My starting weight is 13st 2lbs with a target weight of 11st 7lbs but would rather be closer to 11...

What BMI would that take you to...?

Hi my name is Emma and im going to be doing sw from home have done it before and lost 3 stone however as it does life get in the way and i put it all back on and more, i have a total of 8 stone to loose however my first goal is going to be 10% so im going for 18lb by feb 14th :) hello everyone and hope we all do well for 2012 :)

Hiya I'm going to be doing slimming world to lose another 2 and half stone.
I started my focus to lose weight last January when I weighed at 18st 2

I met my current girlfriend (a regular contributor to this forum) in February and she introduced me to some very good habits, and amazing recipes. In that, I have been loosely following SW since.

I managed to train for and complete a half marathon in July, and although I have gained over Christmas I now weight 15st 11.

I would be delighted if I could get to 13st 7

That's my target, I believe following SW, using this forum for inspiration and ideas I will get there.

I'm also planning to complete at least 2 half marathons this year.

Really hoping to lose that weight, and keep it off this year!

Hello:wavey:
I've just re-joined SW, and started the plan on the 1st. I've been a yo-yo dieter most of my adult life:eek: Apologies for my tedious tale of yo-yo woe, so skip to the end if you wish :eek:
I did SW many, many years ago, lost weight and maintained for a while. Then slowly gained, had a baby and gained a whole lot more. Joined WW weighing 18 stone. Eventually got to goal 3 years and another baby later, losing over 7st. Then had another baby and gained a load:sigh: Restarted WW doing Core. Got to goal, maintained for a wee while. Fell off the wagon. Restarted WW doing propoints:sigh: Found pointing did my head in, made be obsessed with food and has essentially left me prone to binge eating:sigh::sigh::sigh:
Anyway I decided to give SW a try as I need a plan. I'd prefer to attend a class as I know it keeps me focused, but they are none anywhere near me so I am doing it online. I think I'll need the support of a forum in lieu of a class.
I look forward to meeting you all:)

Hi everyone,

I'm new (ish) too! Rejoined on Monday and cried at the scales. I am the heaviest I've ever been!

Story pretty much the same as everyone else - joined, lost weight, left, joined WW, didn't lose weight, joined Cambridge, made myself ill, and now back at SW 2 stone heavier than I was this time last year.

But no excuses, this time I have to do this!! Am trying EE for the first time, struggling to get my 1/3 superfree but giving it a go for a week to see how I get on.

This year I will be slim!!

Hi Hi,

My name is Claire and i am rejoining slimming world. I orginally joined in novemeber last year after trying to get pregnant for about 18 months..i thought losing weight would help..i was right..one month and nearly one stone in losing weight i get pregnant :)
I gave birth in July so now its time to do it again and do it properly... my problem is i have sooooooooooooo much to lose i kid u not im 24 and weigh 21 stone!!!! i seem to carry it very well which annoys me coz i think i can get away with it...well not anymore!!!! you know you sometimes have very skinny people that look in the mirror and they think they r fat? well i am the opposite im very fat and when i look in to the mirror i seem to think im skinny lol...it wasnt until i stood butt naked in front of my bedroom mirror..i told my partner how much i weigh and he was very surprised but very supportive ..i have never ever ever told anyone my weight before ..maybe the fact i have kind of embarrased myself in to losing weight may help iykwim...well here it goes :)

hi

hey all just thought id say hello,i just jioned slimming world last thurs used it once b4 afew yrs ago n lost a stone n a half so decided to come back ive had my daughter in that time n had put 4 stone on n cant get it off so hoping this time i will lose it,tried every diet goin n now ive got my sisters wedding to look forward to,im maid of honour the big day is 4th may 2013 so ive got about 16months to lose 5 stone hopefully i can do it and think the support on here will help
gd luck to us all

Brothers Slim said:
Hi Emma and welcome...

3 stone, that's quite a bit but I know you will get there...

Me and you have similar targets... My starting weight is 13st 2lbs with a target weight of 11st 7lbs but would rather be closer to 11...

What BMI would that take you to...?

Hi, Thank you!! my BMI would be 23.5, i chose that as my target weight as i lost weight a couple of years ago and that was the weight i was most comfortable at :) i'm doing it in stages though - 7lbs at a time, i'm just not happy at this weight. Have you done slimming world long? Emma xx

Hi, Thank you!! my BMI would be 23.5, i chose that as my target weight as i lost weight a couple of years ago and that was the weight i was most comfortable at :) i'm doing it in stages though - 7lbs at a time, i'm just not happy at this weight. Have you done slimming world long? Emma xx

Ah cool... Small steps are always best... :) And that's exactly why i'm losing... Even though I am not as big as a lot of the members on here where I'm not happy with how I feel and I know I felt happiest when I was about 11st...

I've only been doing SW for 6 days now... ha ha... I sound like a seasoned pro... :D x

Hello:wavey:
I've just re-joined SW, and started the plan on the 1st. I've been a yo-yo dieter most of my adult life:eek: Apologies for my tedious tale of yo-yo woe, so skip to the end if you wish :eek:
I did SW many, many years ago, lost weight and maintained for a while. Then slowly gained, had a baby and gained a whole lot more. Joined WW weighing 18 stone. Eventually got to goal 3 years and another baby later, losing over 7st. Then had another baby and gained a load:sigh: Restarted WW doing Core. Got to goal, maintained for a wee while. Fell off the wagon. Restarted WW doing propoints:sigh: Found pointing did my head in, made be obsessed with food and has essentially left me prone to binge eating:sigh::sigh::sigh:
Anyway I decided to give SW a try as I need a plan. I'd prefer to attend a class as I know it keeps me focused, but they are none anywhere near me so I am doing it online. I think I'll need the support of a forum in lieu of a class.
I look forward to meeting you all:)

Welcome to the wonderful world of SW... May your time here be fruitful and enjoyable... :D

How far North are you...?

hey all just thought id say hello,i just jioned slimming world last thurs used it once b4 afew yrs ago n lost a stone n a half so decided to come back ive had my daughter in that time n had put 4 stone on n cant get it off so hoping this time i will lose it,tried every diet goin n now ive got my sisters wedding to look forward to,im maid of honour the big day is 4th may 2013 so ive got about 16months to lose 5 stone hopefully i can do it and think the support on here will help
gd luck to us all

Hello and welcome...

We've got a little group set up for North Easties if you'd fancy joining...

General chit chat, recipe exchange and overall support... :D

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams/248519-north-easties.html

We look foreward to welcoming you...

Hello :wavey:

My first post, so I'm kinda :lost:

This is my first time trying SW. I haven't joined a group, I am doing it through this wonderful website :D:grouphugg:

I think I will try EE to start with and see how I get on.

I started to diet and exercise about 6 months ago. I have lost 1.5 stone, but can't for the life of me think why it took 6 months to lose that weight. I swim 5 times a week and do a Zumba DVD a couple of times.

I've read lots of diaries on here and I am amazed at how quickly the weight the comes off doing SW. This is why I have decided to do SW, I will still continue to exercise as I really do enjoy it :p:help2:

Anyway, my big downfall is bread .... wish me luck :wave_cry::bighug:

You will be fine on here although I would recommend at least getting hold of the slimming world food optimising book that is given when joining SW. Just to give you an idea of what it involves. The new one is out at the min so I'm sure there will be lots of old ones knocking about that someone can give you. This site is helping me to get more motivated anyway. Good luck x

Thanks Oddjob! I do have some SW stuff/books that I bought off eBay. Plus I've got a couple of mates who do it too ...... I kinda have a rough idea, but doesn't mean I'm scared of going wrong :(

Joining Slimming World club Tonight :)

Hi all :D

Going along to my First Night at Slimming World at 7pm...eekk!

Actually Cant Wait to get started on this programme..and Get My LIFE back...

Loving this Site..:clap:

Off i Go....Bye x x x

Last edited:
Back