Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Good luck with your first weigh in today Corkscrew, let us know how you get on :)

Thanks v much BlondeGem :) I lost 7lb :D

Oh wow Corkscrew, that is fab, well done! I bet you are so pleased! :clap:

Wow, well done! I'm following SW at home this time and weighing in tomorrow morning - I'm very worried!

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum been lurking for a few months and finally decided to join and give SW another bash after loosing a decent amount of weight a year or so ago and piling all but 3lbs of it back on. I'm halfway through my first week now and am shocked at how well I've been sticking to the plan after a few failed attempts of starting again. I've decided to do SW from home this time and am putting away the weekly fee I would be paying to up to group as then when I do succeed in loosing weight again I can use the cash to treat myself to some new clothes.

Sorry for the long rant! I look forward to meeting anyone else on their SW journey and wish you all the best of luck x

Hi I’m SweatyBetty, and stumbled on this website today, whilst down route. I’ve got the books from Slimming World, as I only attended 1 class ever, and can’t really afford to go to classes or pay online, so have decided to go alone, and with the help of you guys on here!

I and the other half have decided this is the year to look after ourselves, and get fit and loose weight. We started on Monday 9th Jan 2012. when at home I use the wii EA Sports Active 2, and when away from home I use the hotel gyms, doing couch to 5k, and using the cross trainer. Since Monday I have been working out for 40 mins per day.

I’m really trying to get my head round being able to eat so much food on the Extra Easy program. I have been truly stuffing my face, with fruit, salads, potatoes, rice, pasta meats, eggs etc till I’m satisfied, and not quite convinced that I’ll loose weight. It also doesn’t help, that I travel from East to West, and have to cope with different time zones, and sometimes I don’t know where I am lol!!

Only time will tell……

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
after loosing a decent amount of weight a year or so ago and piling all but 3lbs of it back on.

Welcome Cheryll! I've done exactly the same as you.......twice! lol This is the last time though - I've promised myself :D

Plenty of help and support here, so I'm sure we can do it this time! :) Good luck xx

Welcome SweatyBetty! It must be a nightmare trying to stick to any diet when you're working in different time zones. The poeple who work shifts on here might have some handy tips for you.

You're very tall ;) lol

Good luck on your journey x

Welcome SweatyBetty! It must be a nightmare trying to stick to any diet when you're working in different time zones. The poeple who work shifts on here might have some handy tips for you.

You're very tall ;) lol

Good luck on your journey x

Thanks Corkscrew, It's not great, and you never get used to it. I did see my height, and have been trying to change it. I'm 5' 4" and can't seen to change my height properly! Did make me laugh though!;)

Corkscrew said:
Welcome Cheryll! I've done exactly the same as you.......twice! lol This is the last time though - I've promised myself :D

Plenty of help and support here, so I'm sure we can do it this time! :) Good luck xx

Thank you and i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one whose done this. Its rather depressing to think how all that hard work as just gone out of the window. But at the moment i'm more determined then ever before so let's hope I can do even better this time.

Thank you and i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one whose done this. Its rather depressing to think how all that hard work as just gone out of the window. But at the moment i'm more determined then ever before so let's hope I can do even better this time.

I'm sure there are plenty more people on here who have done the same Cheryll. It's v hard to keep going sometimes, and it is depressing when we think about all our previous hard work and achievements having gone out the window........so I don't think about it! lol

Seriously though, it is hard. But if we learn from our past mistakes i'm sure we can muster up some extra determination when we need it. Just come on here, have a scream and a rant. There will always be someone here to support you and help keep you on track :D

I did see my height, and have been trying to change it. I'm 5' 4" and can't seen to change my height properly! Did make me laugh though!;)

It made me chuckle too :D

If we were all that tall, we'd be skinny! lol

Hi Folks

I'm Rachel. I joined last January and did pretty well for 6 months and lost 2 stone then it all went belly up. I've put about 10 pounds back on :-(
Anyway, i have been to see my GP today and have been given a GP referral for slimming world, which entitles me to free joining fee and 12 week countdown.
I'm going to use this as my springboard to get me started again. Looking at it sensibly i'd be happy to lose a pound a week, anything is a positive. Ideally i'd love to be 4 or 5 stone lighter by this time next year.
Hopefully starting at group on January 24th when my voucher arrives.
Good luck to all for a fantastic weight loss this coming year
R xxx

Hi everyone, I have joined SW recently and currently weigh 16st 4lb. I am hoping that SW will help me learn better eating habits and also encourage me to eat a wider variety of food as I eat a very limited diet and am a very fussy eater. I am also 40 years young in May this year :eek: so I would really like to be 40 n fit and not 40 n fat ;) xx

Hi All, im hoping to get some great advice, great recipes and evenually a better body :) im currently thinking of joining online SW, as im in Aus and they don't do classes over here, so any advice of sin free food over here would be good too. Hoping everyone has a Happy weight loss year !!

Hello!
I'm joining in! I've just stopped breastfeeding and I really want to lose my baby weight. After three big babies I've got quite a bit to lose - around three stone. I've never dieted before (except for a brief flirtation with Weight Watchers which I HATED!) but I'm keen to try Slimming World because it seems to be less dieting and more healthy eating. Any motivational tips or tasty recipes gratefully received!

Hi everyone! I've joined my local SW group tonight! Got to lose 4st 11 to get to my goal weight by the time I get married in 2014...but hopefully a good time before then! Committed :)

hi im michelle and ive been on the sw diet for 4 days can someone tell me if i am doing it right I cant eat first thing in the morning so I have a cup of coffee then 1130am i have 2 quorn sausages 2 bacon grilled fat removed tomatoes egg made with frylight an 1 wholemeal toast with nothink on then tangerine later on then tea maybe lambchop or steak fat removed roast potatoes made with frylight and lots of veg 4tbsp gravy muller light yoghurt and lots of fruit am I eating to much

Back