Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

new

Hi everyone, i joined slimmingworld last monday and so far so good. took a few days to get my head around it but i think im doing ok :) suppose mondays weighin will tell

Looking forward to it all
xx

Hi im new to slimming word doing it from home and need to loose 56lbs :S i hope it dont take for ever, i want to look nice for summer :D

fatso no more said:
Hi everyone, i joined slimmingworld last monday and so far so good. took a few days to get my head around it but i think im doing ok :) suppose mondays weighin will tell

Looking forward to it all
xx

Hi, i just joined monday too :) will look out for your first weigh in!! How r u doing on it up to now? Em x

Hello everyone!

Well i'm Lo, i'm starting SW on Thursday and am quite excited, I've decided that this year i'm determined to loose the weight and consider trying for a baby with my other half. Although the other day I realised that I need to loose half my body weight (the weight of a healthy adult) in order to be healthy! oh my god!!!!!! :cry:decided I'm going to take it in smaller chunks to make it more manageable and less daunting!!
so hello all and good luck on your journeys too! xxx

Hi i joined on thursday and so far i'm loving this plan!

Want to lose 8 stone but i'm taking it one stone at a time...

Great site and i'm sure it will make a big difference :)

Hi all!

I've decided tonight I want to try Slimming World! I previously lost 5 stone on Weight Watchers, however have put 2.5 stone back on. Since the WW plan has changed, I want to try something new.

I plan on doing the plan online however have a few questions:

1. Does the Bronze plan give new starts all of the info about the plan, including food lists?
2. Does anyone know where I can find out how the plan works before I part with 3 months worth of online fees? (A lot of money to pay out in case I don't like it!).

All help appreciated!

Thanks,
LittleFi

Last edited:
Oh dear, I need to get a grip on this, just posted this hello in the general introduction thread and I am doing SW, should have put it here, anyway....

Hello I am new here, although submitted my 1st post requesting syn value help (is that a bit cheeky?) so thought I'd pop over here and say hi.

I went SW classes last year and lost 1 and half stone - which was not far off target, had to stop because I was unwell (not slimming related) and been prescribed steroids and have put most of the weight back on, so started following SW again in December, lost 6lbs to date - not a great loss but I am happy with that.

Not noticed this forum before, suppose because I was getting support from the classes last time, but it is great, so supportive, great members and a wealth of information.

Wishing everyone huge success on their weight loss journey! xx

Last edited:
Hello, my name is Andrea and I´m brazilian living in Brazil. A friend who lives in UK introduced me this diet and my husband and I planning to follow. I´m a little bit lost, my english is awful, but I think I can handle. I´m trying to understand how to use this wonderful forum!

Andrea2012 said:
Hello, my name is Andrea and I´m brazilian living in Brazil. A friend who lives in UK introduced me this diet and my husband and I planning to follow. I´m a little bit lost, my english is awful, but I think I can handle. I´m trying to understand how to use this wonderful forum!

Hello Andrea! :) this forum is great and they are all so lovely! Good luck with your weight loss!! Xx ps. Your English is excellent by the way!

Hi all!

I've decided tonight I want to try Slimming World! I previously lost 5 stone on Weight Watchers, however have put 2.5 stone back on. Since the WW plan has changed, I want to try something new.

I plan on doing the plan online however have a few questions:

1. Does the Bronze plan give new starts all of the info about the plan, including food lists?
2. Does anyone know where I can find out how the plan works before I part with 3 months worth of online fees? (A lot of money to pay out in case I don't like it!).

All help appreciated!

Thanks,
LittleFi

Hi LittleFi,

Try taking a look here:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/100149-slimming-world-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

I find the plan so compatible - there's almost any meal you can make SW friendly :) I lost 3 stone in about 6 months! Good luck, and give me a shout if you need any help.

Annie

Hi I'm a Newbie to Minimins but have been following SW since April last year,I've lost over 2 stone but feel stuck now hoping you can all give me a boost !

Hello, I am starting Slimming World tomorrow, I have lots of weight to loose but trying to focus on mini goals at a time.

Looking forward to chatting to you all xx

Hi I am new to Minimins and Slimming World so any help would be appreciated. I only have about a stone and half to lose but really would like the help. Someone I know told me about this sight as they do calorie counting but that isn't for me as fed up of weighing and watching how many calories you can have, so thought would register and have ago, sorry hope that doesn't sound bad.

I have tried and lost with WW but always seem to put it back on once I stop weighing etc! I really don't have the money to pay 3 months online and don't have the time to attend a meeting which a few WW ones I did attend they always seemed to be keen on getting your money and then taking forever to start the meet, which by then I had got bored of waiting and thought she wasn't really interested!!

I know you can have red and green days and should have healthy options a and b - but not sure what they contain of and I've heard it has now changed again, so really confused !!

Look forward to hearing from anyone and thank you for reading xx

Hello - Im new to dieting all together and have just slimming world last week although I started my diet on new years day, i started just calorie counting and in week one i lost 7 pounds although I wanted a plan to follow so I have been doing slimming worlds extra easy for 5 days. I am enjoying the diet, its very easy although I have had a couple of days where I have used extra sins :S this is because is seems so layed back. :s Tonight my daughter was finishing a chocolate santa and i couldnt turn a bite down. Now im beating myself up for it.

Anyway, My starting weight was 12 stone 3 ibs, im now 11 stone 9 ibs, my target is 9 stone, as im only 5 ft tall and my bmi is in the at risk range :(

look forward to chatting with you all xx

Hi all well think I may have popped on here before as you can see I have been trying out a few different diets over the last year or so and have now decided to take my time healthy eating with SW. I will start tomorrow but will join class tues night, am looking forward to getting back to work and some healthy food as i have soooo over done it over xmas.
Good luck all xx

Will start a new profile below once I have weighed in.

Slimming World Male - Newbie

I started Slimming World on Thursday. Going good so far. I currently weigh 17.2st and hoping to get down to around 14st by beginning of August.

Getting married in August and hoping to look good - I have always fluctuated with my weight and finding it harder and harder to shift.

The appeal of Slimming World is that it is something you can contionue after your target is reached. I have tried Lipotrim and P90X and whilst they work in the short term the weight has gone back on.

Hello!

Hi there! I'm Nay, (short for Naomi)! I joined SW last Wednesday and cried when I stepped on the scales, but left the group feeling that I could turn my life around and get back to how I was 10 years ago! Day 5 of week 1 and I am loving the new food and I feel so much better for it already. Good luck everyone! I look forward to reading lots on the forum! xxx

I joined SW in September 2011 and I've currently lost 8lbs. As I've had my wedding, exams, a birthday and then Christmas I'd say I'm doing not too badly especially as I've not been following the plan properly. Now that it's a new year I'd like to take the plan more seriously and I'm looking to back to a healthy weight again this year.

Back