Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

hi all i'm kazz43 and new here! i have put on nearly 2.5 stone in the last year after changing jobs from one that involved a lot of walking and was part time to going to full time desk job, the only thing wrong is i carried on eating but the exercise routine lost its momentum, hence the weight gain...:cry:my own fault entirely!
so i'm determined to get back on track
i cant afford to subscribe to slimming world at the moment but i would welcome any tips and how to work out my daily allowance of syns and any handy tips
thanks! nice to be here!:)

Love Minimins

Hello all im A newbie and ive been struggling for years with my weight, just like most done every diet possible,i started following slimming world again beg Feb amd i managed to lose a stone in a month ,but just like always i started to give up ,well from tomorrow 30th april im back again but this time im using minimins for support just hope in strong enough

just want to add im a nurse and work permanent nights start at 19.30 and finish at 08.00 any tips xx:)

Hi All

I'm new to this forum. I joined SW 10 days ago, I've got a couple of stone to lose but didn't lose anything in my first week :(. I was really good as well so was a bit disappointed. Hopefully this forum will keep me going between weekly meetings.

Hi,
My name is Susan, I'm a 'young' nana..lol! Am starting slimming world tomorrow 30th April 2012.....I've NEVER done slimming world before, always done ww but sick of counting points to be honest NOW, I'm not going to a meeting because I work from home and if I have clients I can't get to the meetings plus I find the meetings so busy it really is not my thing SO I do have all the books etc, but was wondering if its worth joining SW online (it's about £60 for 3 months), is it worth it to join do you think? would like some input on that!

I want to lose at least 2 1/2 stone, that would do my nicely for my holiday in november!

cheers susan

Very best of luck Susan :) hope it works better for you from home.
I've never done it online so can't really comment but I figured I could do with saving the money and if I'm doing it at home can still use other websites to track my loss and find recipes etc. that's how I came across this amazing site :)
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

naturalme said:
Hi,
My name is Susan, I'm a 'young' nana..lol! Am starting slimming world tomorrow 30th April 2012.....I've NEVER done slimming world before, always done ww but sick of counting points to be honest NOW, I'm not going to a meeting because I work from home and if I have clients I can't get to the meetings plus I find the meetings so busy it really is not my thing SO I do have all the books etc, but was wondering if its worth joining SW online (it's about £60 for 3 months), is it worth it to join do you think? would like some input on that!

I want to lose at least 2 1/2 stone, that would do my nicely for my holiday in november!

cheers susan

Welcome to Minimins

Could you please remove the link in your signature. Business links are not allowed on Minimins

Hello. I joined slimming world over a year ago however I only went to two classes as my consultant was awful and not at all motivational or inspirational. I did it from home and lost about a stone. I have since put it all back on and a LOT more. I have dug out my books again and will be starting again tomorrow but doing it from home. My goal is to loose 3 st 11lb. (I'm 23 by the way) :)

hello sully and summer im also new started yesterday this site is brilliant and members give out some fab advice xx louise xx

Hi all :)

Ive been doing slimming world at home the last two weeks (because there is no point in joining a group cause im moving in 3 weeks) and so far so good :)

Cant believe all the food you can have on EE and still have a weight loss :O

Ive been struggling to shift my weight ever since university started and now to see the scales finally moving (and in the right direction ;)) is the best feeling ever!

Ive only lost 3lbs but already, just knowing im losing weight, is making a big difference to my attitude :clap:

I hope everyone else is finding slimming world amazing aswell!

And dont worry if it feels a bit confusing because of all the syn free food but it does work, i once was a non believer :giggle:

And now im just glad im actually losing weight :woohoo:

Hello everybody:D

I only started two weeks ago and i'm due my second WI tonight. Two pounds for first week and i'm excited and nervous about tonight! Still struggling to get my head round the amount of food i'm eating. Sticking to plan and really enjoying it.

Peedie said:
Hello everybody:D

I only started two weeks ago and i'm due my second WI tonight. Two pounds for first week and i'm excited and nervous about tonight! Still struggling to get my head round the amount of food i'm eating. Sticking to plan and really enjoying it.

I lost 2.5lbs my first week will be interesting to see how u do on your second weigh in

Welcome :)

Hi everyone , hoping it will be 3rd time lucky for me to loose 3 stones, lost 3 stones before on SW about 4 yrs ago but its all back on now :(
I just need the will power and determination to succeed this time , I am fed up of moaning about being over weight but not actually doing anything about it so wish me luck !! :D

Hi. Just trying to do this alone, have done SW before a few yrs go, things seem to have changed a bit with Extra Easy, I'm trying that. Got fed up of weighing stuff on WW. Fed up of seeing that 13 stone something on the scales every couple of yrs. So my goal is to try to lose a stone in the next 6 weeks as have an 86 mile bike ride to do in June, which I,m doing in memory of my lovely soul mate and partner, who I lost doing same bike ride last year. People think I'm mad, but I have to finish it this year for him and myself. Started 2 weeks ago and lost 3lb first week - brill, weigh day is Mon, so when I had a cheeky peek last Fri, had lost 2, so well set up for weekend, did 2 body pump classes, tried not to go over on syns and lo and behold the 2lb had come back yesterday. Grrr. Need lots of support, so will keep using this site. Any tips would be appreciated until ie learnt to navigate my way around and put my progress and targets on like all you other clever soon to be or already slim people!

I lost 2.5lbs my first week will be interesting to see how u do on your second weigh in

Welcome :)

Hi, thanks and welcome to you! Just back from second weigh in and lost 1lb. Was hoping for 2lb but trying to stay positive. Discovered tonight the Tesco fat free YOO yoghurts i had thought were free aren't!!! :eek: Had a few of them last week

Very best of luck to Ally and Lifstooshort :)

Oh Peedie I hate it when that happens :( Im always doing that when i think something is free and it turns out its not :(

Hey there,
New to this forum, though not new to slimming world. I have been on the slimming world plan on and off since September 2010, I had lost almost 5 stone, but then I hit a rut and just yo-yo'd with my weight for a while, I then hit a bit of a tight patch with money so stopped going to group. Anyway, I have now gained almost a stone back and I NEED to get back on the horse, but I don't have the money to go to group! I have the knowledge to do this at home by myself just not the will power so I've kinda joined this forum in the hopes that you guys can help spur me on to get the last 2 n half stone off! I need to move this weight as I'm just giving myself a really hard time over it and its getting me down! But I need inspiration and motivation! Onwards and upwards! (or downwards on the scales at least!) :)

~Jen

Hey Jen
Know how you feel but don't worry you will be back in the hang of it in no time at all. I'm the same as you- just couldn't afford group anymore (especially with the rate of food going up and up its expensive to eat healthily!!) but I'm finding this site amazing it's so helpful and motivational :)
Good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello.

I have just (re)started following the slimming world plan from home. About 4 years ago I lost 1.5st follow sw, I then had 2 babies close together and even though I managed to lose every lb gained through each pregnancy, my youngest has been such a handful, I have managed to comfort/stress eat my way to a 2.5 stone gain in 2 years:rolleyes: Anyway, time is a healer and she is a fab little thing now, and I feel ready to tackle my weight:eek: I need to lose around 4 stone ideally, but am aiming for 3 first and I will reassess whether the last stone needs to go or not:p I am starting University in September and would love to lose 1.5st by then, as being a mature student I will stick out like a sore thumb anyway, never mind being a fatty too;)

Anyway I started on Monday and am loving being back on the plan, my husband even commented about how much better we eat when following SW:D It has made the shopping bill rocket a little, why is healthy food so much more expensive:eek:

Off for a read around, I love this site xx

Back