Welcome to the shiny new low carb Keto thread!

AliGal

Eating meat
This is the new place for people who are eating keto, low carb and/or medium or higher protein. Some of us count carbs, others track calories and some just eat real food grown above ground, no grains or beans. Some of us also fast - something that's surprisingly easy once you eat low carb- below 20gs. All are welcome!

Morning Ali, and thanks Pierce.
Is it possible to move the Keto Recipes thread here, thanks.

not been here for quite a while.... got my laptop up and running again at last.....pop in to see whats new and find this! fantastic!
i've bee low carb/lazy keto for 21 months now.

Thats great Taz, you must have lots of ideas and advice for us

So happy to find this new section! I looked here some time ago for a Keto section and was disappointed, so it's great to see one up and running.

I have been reading about it and reducing carbs for a couple of weeks but started the Five Weeks of Keto challenge on Diet Doctor this week so I'm fully committed now.

I really liked this tweet:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190904-131042_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20190904-131042_Twitter.jpg
    610.8 KB · Views: 12
I've been on Keto for about six weeks and have lost 12lbs so far but also noticably several inches here and there; I wish I had measured at the start!

For a good introduction I would point anyone in the direction of DietDoctor.com, which is a excellent free resource full of articles, videos, films and recipes. Here's a good intro:

They also offer a 14-day low carb eating plan to help you understand and get an idea of what you should be eating:

If you decide to subscribe to the site (I think about $9 per month but your first month is free) there are lots more resources and a five-week eating plan, plus an excellent members-only Facebook group. I'm not on commission, honest! :D I joined the site in August not intending to subscribe but it has been so worthwhile.

This is the new place for people who are eating keto, low carb and/or medium or higher protein. Some of us count carbs, others track calories and some just eat real food grown above ground, no grains or beans. Some of us also fast - something that's surprisingly easy once you eat low carb- below 20gs. All are welcome!
Hello, I'm starting keto tomorrow. I'm totally new to it all. I've only read about it online and not 100% sure about the plan at all. I've only ever done VLCD's but I'm fed up off it all.

Is there a diaries section for Keto? I'm using my moblie phone so it takes me even longer to search the forum lol

Hi and good luck with starting keto. I hopeyou enjoy the food and weight loss as much as I have in the last six weeks! :)

There isn't a specific diary section for Keto diaries so you could start yours in the general Weight Loss Diaries section. I post mine in the Members Only area which is a sub-section of Weight Loss Diaries.

Last edited:
Hi and good luck with starting keto. I hoe you enjoy the food and weight loss as much as I have in the last six weeks! :)

There isn't a specific diary section for Keto diaries so you could start yours in the general Weight Loss Diaries section. I post mine in the Members Only area which is a sub-section of Weight Loss Diaries.
Ahhh thank you. How much have you lost in total? Please tell me it's easy to follow? I'm a mummy to a toddler and work all week so I need something practical for me and my family.

Back