Welcome To The Xenical Food Diary Thread!!!. (PLEASE READ)..

I started yesterday and am too scared to eat anything just incase the dreaded orange oil. What do most of you guys eat!? I have so much to lose it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel! x

Hi Clazz, have a good look around the diary threads and Xenical threads for ideas. As long as the food you are eating contains no more than 5g of fat per 100g and you eat no more than 15g of fat per meal you will be fine.

KB x

Day 4 and feeling great. I can tell I've lost weight already (especially in my face). I haven't had any awful side effects and am eating well. For the first time in many years, I am eating 3 regular meals a day and feel that I already am finally getting a healthy attitude to eating. And realising how terrible my eating habits have been.

Someone posted that if you do eat a low fat diet on Orlistat, it won't work. I don't think that this right. You have to stick to eating low fat to avoid side effects but most of the fat that you do eat passes out of the body. Is this right? I'm not eating anything with more that 5g of fat per 100g and no more than 40g of fat a day with no more that 15g of fat per meal. Is this right? Obviously you would lose weight on a diet like this without Orlistat but with it, you lose more. Can someone clear this up for me please?

I think that Orlilstat is helping me stick to this diet as I'm too scared to eat more fat than I should! :eek:

Wow-you too! You're an inspiration. Are you sticking to Orlistat & low fat alone or are you counting calories, carbs etc? I'm sticking with the pills & low fat alone just now as I don't want to get bogged down with other stuff until I'm used to the low fat diet x:)

Low fat and the tablets for me, occasionally I go on to My Fitness pal and check my calories but not often. Have you got a diary thread? Why don't you put one in the diary section, I find it really helps.

KB x

Thanks, I'll do it. I really hope this works for me! I'm determined! I'm still a bit constipated and have indigestion today.

Can I ask a question? If Orlistat is working, will your 'deposits' be orange?! I don't mean the dreaded exposive orange oil with eating too much fat but the normal 'deposits' that we have every day? Sorry but I need to know! :p

Inspired to read this. Don't know anyone else taking the pills, so it's really good to see how they're working for others. I'm doing a low fat SW diet too, which I hope will change my food lifestyle for good. It's such an overwhelming task...

xxx

two slices of wholemeal bread(small loaf) with extra light soft cheese and chives.
1banana
1pear
1 potato,broccoli,cauliflower,gammon with all fat removed,
low sugar jelly with peaches,
maybe some fat free yogurt and fruit before beddie byes?

A month on Xenical

My GPs Surgery has several Docs and the one I normally see wouldn't prescribe Xenical for me, told me to use willpower:sigh: I lost a couple of inches and had to see another Doc about something else and told him about my weight problem he promptly put me on it. 4 weeks later I went back for a weigh in and repeat and saw my normal Doc. I had lost 11lb! AND lost 4" off B W H. He promptly wrote out my repeat prescription :D

After doing a search I found this Forum so I am hoping that this time I will get my weight under control permanently.

hi im new too

im on day 4 of xenical, did you lose all your weight on it? i seriously hope i do as well as you!!!

Day 4 and feeling great. I can tell I've lost weight already (especially in my face). I haven't had any awful side effects and am eating well. For the first time in many years, I am eating 3 regular meals a day and feel that I already am finally getting a healthy attitude to eating. And realising how terrible my eating habits have been.

Someone posted that if you do eat a low fat diet on Orlistat, it won't work. I don't think that this right. You have to stick to eating low fat to avoid side effects but most of the fat that you do eat passes out of the body. Is this right? I'm not eating anything with more that 5g of fat per 100g and no more than 40g of fat a day with no more that 15g of fat per meal. Is this right? Obviously you would lose weight on a diet like this without Orlistat but with it, you lose more. Can someone clear this up for me please?

I think that Orlilstat is helping me stick to this diet as I'm too scared to eat more fat than I should! :eek:

Hi There, I'm really struggling to get my head around this!! I understand the less than 5gm per 100gm part, as this is clearly on the labels, however how do you tell how many gms of fat you're having over a meal? I was looking to do a spag bol tonight using lean steak mince, however the label states 14.5gm fat per 125gm so should I be steering clear of this? I'm nearly understanding it all I promise! ;-)

14.5g per 125g is more than 5g per 100g so yes, steer clear. Check the fat content in each ingredient you are using, make sure they are all under the 5g rule and that the total you will be using isn't more than 15g for your portion. You can get an extra lean mince which is within the rules. Good luck!

KB

Tracking using my fitness pal helps track your fat grams :)

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

although I'm not doing a low fat diet :) I'm a mod carb and fasting/ low kcals style ..

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Last edited by a moderator:
starting day 1 tomorrow =S kinda scared about side effects, fingers crossed, i am going to try really hard to reach my goals all you guys on here are inspirational

Back