Well here I go again

crystel

Hi all old and new members.
Well I am finally able too restart DC after a few health problems,
I am having too restart from the begining as due too medication etc i have regained almost all the weigh i lost in the 5weeks i did on DC.
I feel positive though and it has been lovely too see all your great results, but also all the New people that have joined us in the time i,ve been away, lets try too make this a busier supportive group, as it saddened me that one of My DC group left us as she didn,t feel we was using this forum enough, I for one have had wonderful support and it really helps, so lets stick together and help each other through the ups and downs of this journey.
Have a good day :D xxxxxxxxx

So sorry to hear you've been ill, hope you are feeling much better now! I'm Elise, started DC yesterday with a helluvalot to lose!

We DCers aren't exactly the most active posters on the forums are we? Since I'm so overweight I'm using the WeMITTs forum too, which is really active, but it would be nice if we were all a bit more involved over here!

So I, for one, am really keen to help get this busier and more supportive!

:grouphugg:

Hi Elise,
Nice too chat too someone new on here
Yes it can be abit slow but there are afew of us that use this everyday
and i for one enjoy the support.
How are you finding the foods so far?
I did about 5wks before i got poorly nothing too do with DC, and liked most of the foods
Hard starting back from scratch again but here goes trying too stay positive xx

Glad you are feeling better and feel ready to start again! I haven't had a good week this week, days out and meals out but I had decided to have a week off but still try and stick to 1200 a day. I have decided to not weigh myself till Saturday morning after I finish my next set of shifts at work! Fingers crossed I'll be a healthy BMI!

Hi crystel, nice to chat to you too.

I'm really enjoying the food (not quite as good as I can cook (if I do say so myself!) but when I cook I always do "plenty to freeze for later" so even when it's low fat and low cal there is always more to go back for seconds with, so this is much better for my portion control!) have had a couple of different flavoured porridges, 3 different soups, one of the bars and a couple of the packets of the savoury biscuity crisp things and a couple of the dinners, and they've all been really good. Keeping my fingers crossed I like the rest just as much! Keeping a detailed blog of it all on here, so that I can see what I really liked and what was just OK for next time I order!

I think it really helps when you can actually say you like the food to climb back on the wagon as you are doing now. Yes, stay positive, you know you can do it, you'd already made a really good start before your illness!

Hi Becksie
Lovely too hear from you and know you and small steps are still going strong.
I did that when i first got poorly stuck too around the 1200kcal, and i still continued losing so hopefully it will work for you.
Geordielass, i am so glad you are enjoying the foods, and you are doing the right thing making a note of what foods you like etc, as its a nightmare when you have aload of packs left or you are hungry and you don,t like the meal u,ve prepared!! that,s a reciepe for cheating!!
I am trying too stay positive but so hard when you regain all that you fought so hard too lose and have too start again!! xx

Hi all,

Hope you all have a lovely weekend planned.

I was reading through this post again and I have to disagree with some of the comments about the lack of posts.

New postings within topics do stimulate the conversation, but I see the lack of postings as a positive thing. This forum is really useful for new members - it was a lifeline in my first three weeks, but surely its positive that once the diet is embedded in our day to day life and we are no longer feeling hungry, we post a bit less?

I have to say I love this site. I read it often, probably daily via my phone, but I probably only post comments a couple of times a week, as I prefer to type on a proper keyboard. I'm never quite sure which topic to comment on, so I end up posting different comments on different topics.

Sometimes I don't have much new to say about DC. I eat many of the same meals over and over.

I do read and post onto other conversations on the minimins website, there are some very good diet conversations, non specific to DC ie - scales vs tape measure etc....

If I could wave a magic wand, my only wish would be that former members would log on and show us their before and after photo's. There have been some great success stories, but we never seem to see the final result. When it's Christmas time I will add to my album my "slim" picture.

Hi Everybody

I've had a total horrendous couple of days, my dad died suddenly on tues, it's still all a bit surreal. I hope you are all getting on ok x

Becksie,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm not really sure what to say. I cannot imagine the shock and grief you are feeling right now.

I hope you get the answers you need. I am thinking of you and your family xxxx

If you would like to send me a private message, please contact me.

Naomi

Last edited:
Hi Becksie
I am so sorry for your sudden loss as small steps said its hard too know what too say and i know you don,t really know us but if you need anything send me a message either private or on here.
Just be kind too yourself it is important too not put pressure on yourself now, i wish you and your family love and light and strength too get through this tough time
Thinking of you
Love Crystel xxx

Back