Well that has made my mind up!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Miss Fenella, 16 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Miss Fenella

Miss Fenella Full Member

I have lost weight and as I think I mentioned I have seen my consultant who was very pleased.

He has taken me off my metformin - which helped make me less insulin resistant.

I duly came off and have just carried on a normal week of LL shakes and water and I have felt fine.

I have weighed today and have put on 6lbs (my scales) in one week!

So I have just started back on the metformin again, I think I need it don't you?!

This has been helpful because:

a) it have convinced me I need to stick with the diet and lose the weight quickly, anything else would work but I'd be back on the slow track.

b) I need metformin to help my body process food properly - so it's not about my eating!

I am very pleased, it's nice to have some insight :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Delli

Delli Talks too much

LOL, at least ur looking at this weight gain in a positive way, uv learnt something about urself and now u can use that knowledge to help with the rest of u weight loss journey. Good luck!!

4. Miss Fenella

Miss Fenella Full Member

5. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    That is very interesting. My daughter has a problem with insulin resistance and the processing of CBH.

6. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Wow Miss F - 6lbs on with no metformin!!!! I take metformin and also thyroxine for thyroid, was hoping to get off them soon but now I'm not so sure LOL

7. Miss Fenella

Miss Fenella Full Member

Katie - me too with the thyroxine - we could be twins! :D

8. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    hi Miss F,

I too was insulin resistant and took metformin, but came off it when I reached goal some 4 months ago now, I found I only fluctuate up to 5lbs max and have maintained no problems, hope your body works it out too.

sun x

Miss Fenella likes this.
  9. Miss Fenella

Miss Fenella Full Member

Oh Sun thanks for that - it is a relief! I hope to come off it eventually and to know its a fluctuation rather than a permanent measure is great news - thank youx

10. Miss Fenella

Miss Fenella Full Member

Yay just been to weigh in and only put on a pound! Not altering my ticker because that pound will be gone by tomorrow!

I am very pleased. :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.