Well that has made my mind up!

Miss Fenella

I have lost weight and as I think I mentioned I have seen my consultant who was very pleased.

He has taken me off my metformin - which helped make me less insulin resistant.

I duly came off and have just carried on a normal week of LL shakes and water and I have felt fine.

I have weighed today and have put on 6lbs (my scales) in one week!

So I have just started back on the metformin again, I think I need it don't you?!

This has been helpful because:

a) it have convinced me I need to stick with the diet and lose the weight quickly, anything else would work but I'd be back on the slow track.

b) I need metformin to help my body process food properly - so it's not about my eating!

I am very pleased, it's nice to have some insight :D

LOL, at least ur looking at this weight gain in a positive way, uv learnt something about urself and now u can use that knowledge to help with the rest of u weight loss journey. Good luck!!

That is very interesting. My daughter has a problem with insulin resistance and the processing of CBH.

Wow Miss F - 6lbs on with no metformin!!!! I take metformin and also thyroxine for thyroid, was hoping to get off them soon but now I'm not so sure LOL

hi Miss F,

I too was insulin resistant and took metformin, but came off it when I reached goal some 4 months ago now, I found I only fluctuate up to 5lbs max and have maintained no problems, hope your body works it out too.

sun x

Back