well that was a surprise...

ColJack

Gold Member
I dropped my car off at the garage this morning and walked it home..
I didn't think it was that far, but I've just done the route on a walk, jog, run website and it's just over 3 miles.. :eek:.. ( ok so I took a wrong turn and a bit of a detour when I got lost... think that added just under a mile :) )

I might have to give the kinver 10 mile round trip a go at the weekend if it's nice...

:clap: Well done x
Same thing here, since I bought my bike, I am amazed at the miles I have clocked up already.
I love the buzz I get after some exercise.
Cannot be bad.
Jill x

ooh Kinver is lovely - nice pub on the river (Vine?) with a bar outside....great when the weather is sunny! x

dropped the car off at just after eight, and got back home at just after nine... so about an hour but I stopped to investigate some of the canalside views on the way...
mainly at the start of it where there is a lot of derelict land and some bridges over turn offs that are now blocked off.. ( I'm nosey and wanted to see where they went..... for when I win the euro lottery tonight and buy all that land and develop it :) )

I dropped my car off at the garage this morning and walked it home..
I didn't think it was that far, but I've just done the route on a walk, jog, run website and it's just over 3 miles.. :eek:.. ( ok so I took a wrong turn and a bit of a detour when I got lost... think that added just under a mile :) )

I might have to give the kinver 10 mile round trip a go at the weekend if it's nice...
Just go for it Jack

I know you'd mentoned in the past your weightloss has thus far been achieved without much, if any, Body Magic. I often wondered just what it would do to your losses and for your metabolism if you did something simple as walking or swimming.

Since I began with the ramblers, I do loads of walking. Even when my losses aren't as prolific as previous, I still manage to maintain - I think the simple fact I consider 6 miles as the equivalent to nipping out to the shop for a bottle of milk is testimony to har far I;ve come and how great n exercise walking can be!

I'm sure you'll see dramatic losses as well as feeling fantastic. Your fitness levels, blood pressure etc. with become where they need to be.

Good luck mate.

Steve

That's some debut my man!

Don't over-do it (trust me - it is easily done) but hopefully this will see some improved losses. Take plenty of water though!

Steve

took a flask and stopped for a coffee about half way..

chewed gum most of the way to stop my mouth drying out ( plus it's more muscles moving so extra calories burnt :) )

It is surprising just how far one can walk though. Especially on the level or downhill. Inclines used to absolutely kill me. Yet, now I embrace them and am like a little mountain goat. I've literally walked myself to fitness and my heart can take previous lung-bursting ascents.

I suppose I have removed the equivalent of a 5.5st back (and belly) pack though.

You planning on keeping this going a while Jack - especially as we get into the springtime?

Yeah I might even go for shorter walks in the evening when it's nice and still light..
It's quite a climb back from stourton, but it's over a long distance so it's not rediculously steep..

I could have made it to kinver but I got bored...
I'm either going to have to find a / some walking buddies, or get some audio books or different music for my Ipod..
I have a Stephen King book that I downloaded so that might go on for todays little walk to the shops.. ( I may take the scenic route, but I doubt it will be anywhere near 2 miles.. )

Yes, I tried the ipod solution, but abandoned it in favour of listening out for the nature and birdsong etc. Spring is approaching so lots of our migrants birds will be arriving.

Also helps keep your wits about you as too many muggers and maniac drivers around;)

Hi
we are doing more walks as a family.
Did a lovely walk on saturday, from our house in aldeburgh to the next village. Went along the marshes one way, stopped off at a tea shop and went back along the beach. Turned out to be about 7 miles. It took about 5 hours because we have a little 2 year old who cant/wont walk fast. She had her pushchair but didnt wont to be stuck in it all the time.
It felt good but I was pleased to get home lol x

Hi
we are doing more walks as a family.
Did a lovely walk on saturday, from our house in aldeburgh to the next village. Went along the marshes one way, stopped off at a tea shop and went back along the beach. Turned out to be about 7 miles. It took about 5 hours because we have a little 2 year old who cant/wont walk fast. She had her pushchair but didnt wont to be stuck in it all the time.
It felt good but I was pleased to get home lol x

Wow! I live 303 miles north of you but always visit Aldeburgh every year but this year because of a change of plans will not be having my annual pilgrimage to Suffolk.

Used to visit the fish & chip restaurant (the one where you go upstairs) and then go to the beach to try and walk it off lol. Always visit Aldeburgh even though I stay in Theberton or Leiston nr Minsmere (birdwatching trip) as Aldeburgh was the best choice for chips lol

Not sure what we'll do now since I became SW-friendly;) Might revert back to eating the out-of-the-paper on the beach as that is very healthy - mainly because those big fat gulls take them from your hand!

I'm always told how lucky I am! but I can't seem to forget how close I live to sizewell! (that dome freaks me right out) I use to live in leiston, too.
Yes I know the fish and chip shop well, maybe too well!
I have always wonted to visit Scotland, mum is always telling me how beautiful it is.

I've been round sizewell B.. very informative..
I dropped my radiation badge in the big fish sieve that they run the cooling tower water through ( HUGE basket with holes and loads of dead fish in it.. like a giant collander.. )..

Back