Well today sucks

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Blue Butterfly, 28 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Blue Butterfly

Blue Butterfly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    All I can think about is going in to the kitchen and eating anything I can find!

My cat was just put to sleep :cry:
    He was 22 1/2 years old and he was like my little shadow. I am absolutely devestated right now and when I'm upset I just wanna eat but I know that wont make me feel any better in the long run.

I guess this is a bit of a pointless post. I figured I should come on here instead of wandering into the kitchen that's all.

But it's day 4 and now my head is pounding, I don't think that's the diet though I think that's coz I've been crying all day.
    I'm hoping tomorrow I feel a little better, I am determined not to fall off the wagon this time!

Hope everyone else is doing good today.
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jools1986

jools1986 Silver Member

Diet:
    Natural Ketosis Company/Atkins
    oh petal, just wanted to offer some love and hugs x

4. kirsty2012

kirsty2012 is gonna shine in 2009

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.48%)
    Diet:
    ww
    I'm so sorry hun x you did they right thing posting on here and you'll be glad you did come weigh in day xx

5. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    Ohhhh thats so sad, im so so sorry to hear that. I just want to send you a big hug.

I love my cats too, one of them particularly. She is my little shadow, she even sleeps with me. She is 14 now and I dread the day will come when i dont have her any more.

I could cry for you. No wonder you want to comfort eat, I would do exactly the same.

Im so sorry for you, I really am. Its so sad.

6. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    bless your heart sweetie, losing a pet is awful and we all feel for you. I know exactly how you feel wanting to grab at all the food. Stay strong though, and don't give in!

Hugs xxoxoxoxoxo

7. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    So sorry to hear that, I can fully understand your feeling that way - sending (((hugs))) your way xx

8. Inge Jones

Inge Jones Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(37.31%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    :hug99: I am so sorry for your loss

9. Miss Mango

Miss Mango Little Miss Wii Fit!

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.17%)
    Diet:
    My own
    Oh my goodness hun your post has brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved cat, I can totally understand how you feel, it must be devastating. I have a cat too and he too is my shadow and I don't know what I'd do without him, he is 15 now. When they've been around you for so long its really difficult when they are not there any more, pets are definitely little friends, they're not just an animal, they are good companions and its just devastating when they leave you.

I'm sending you the most massive hugs hunnie, I feel so badly for you. The only small consolation I feel I can give you is that you had him right up until he was 22 and a half, thats an excellent age, you got all those years of friendship and joy from him - so try to remember the best times, he will always live on in your heart. Its going to have me crying in a minute!

You can't give up on your diet though. Imagine if your cat had been able to talk, he'd have wanted the best for you and would have wanted you to carry on with something that is going to make you feel better about yourself. I understand totally why the diet must be so difficult at the moment though. Try to stay focused on at least that though - remember your cat in your heart.

Sending you more hugs XXXXX

10. JoanneM

JoanneM Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Im so sorry about your cat. I know exactly what youre going through as well.

11. Toots

Toots Gold Member

Diet:
    Exante
    So sorry for your loss
    :hug99::hug99:

12. Blue Butterfly

Blue Butterfly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    Thank you so much for your lovely words and hugs :)

Thankfully I have managed to stay on track today so I'm pleased about that.

My whole family are so upset, I can't even talk to anyone right now without bursting into tears.
    I think the worst part is gonna be going to bed tonight as he always sleeps on the pillow beside my head and wakes me up at 5am by drooling on my face....I moaned before and now I'm gonna miss that bit!
    Am taking him to a pet crematorium to be cremated as cant bare the thought of him being outside alone, he was a house cat pretty much after all.

Anyway, thanks again everyone, being on here has stopped me falling off the wagon this time.

Claire x

13. Miss Mango

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.17%)
    Diet:
    My own
    Oh bless you Claire, you've just nearly made me cry again with this. I'm glad to hear that you've managed to stay on track, but I'm so sad that you're so upset, I understand what its like.
    My dog died last year and we got her cremated too, it seems easier that way.

I know what you mean about missing him on your pillow every morning - I would too. My cat sleeps on the bottom of my bed and I often moan that he makes me sleep with my legs curled up but I don't think that will bother me so much tonight after reading your posts.
    It just shows how much you have to appreciate everything you love as one day it might not be there are more. :(

Sending you more hugs hun XXX

14. FattyMcBigbum

FattyMcBigbum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    26st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    24st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    21st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.2lb(4.7%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Oh hunny, I'm sorry for your loss xx

15. Bernice

Bernice Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.32%)
    Diet:
    EXANTE
    I feel for you sooooooooooo much and a little tear also came to my eye. I lost my lovely, lovely dog a little while ago and she was only three years old....only a baby!!! Keep strong and big hugs from me to you. xx

16. Miss Mango

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.17%)
    Diet:
    My own
    I have to send you a big hug because of that hun, so sorry to hear that :(

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.