Well................

Hi Laura,

I know those feelings too, I am experiencing them right now. I was always a well built boy, sporty guy until I reach 13 y.o then I started to smoke, I mean like everyone of my age, no abusing, just 2 or 3 cigarettes a day, when I turned 16 I was smoking 1 packet of cigarettes a day and quit sports, I used to swim a lot, so that kept me fit. When I was 20, I was obese, 110kg, smoking 2 packets of cig and I would say heavy drinker, my father used to own a bar.... so you can imaginge.

I reached my point at the age of 23, I was smoking so much, almos 3 packets a day and 5 to 7 pints a day.. My weight record was 123 Kg.

Then I met one wonderful person, that made me realizes that I have to change my life style, so on Sept 25 1989, I gave up smoking and drinking. Since then I haven't smoke anything, and now I drink very little. It was really hard to do it, after 6 months I started to run with the help of 1 of my neighbors, in 3 months I lost 20 Kg just doing exercise, and eating less bread. Finally after 6 months I reached the weight, 90 Kg, that I kept for almost 11 years. Jogging was the key for me, I used to run 3 miles everyday and 6 to 8 miles the weekends.

I paid the price for not resting enough, I used do that 3-4 times a week as advised for professional trainers, I did not listen to them at that time, then in 1999 I had a knee injure. I did not go to the Dr to check it out, thinking that it would take a couple of months to recover, last year I had a MRI and the results showed that my left knee was damaged seriously and because I was extremely overweight I could not get surgery...

So I know the feelings when you are fit and the opposite, so Laura I clearly understand your feelings and I know how hard it is for you do keep on LT but just think about the big price after the program is finished..

Sorry for the spam but I just felt that I needed to say something about it.

Regards,
Mick

Thank you all for you comments.

Cathy thank you for your kind words. x x x

Jillian, thank you for being honest, I do think about life after lipotrim, and when I do that I am scared stiff! x x x

Mick thank you for opening up to us. I hope you reach the point that you want to be at. x x x

Thank you for sharing your thoughts
I've only just started & i wonder how i will get on but i am determined for now
Gr8 weight loss

Back