wemitts is inspirational

clarish

Hi Im Clare from north east joined this forum a few days ago I think this part of it seems to stick out for me the most, I introduced myself but I dont know if many people read it but I had a couple of replies which was great but as Im not part of any slimming club I could do with a little support :)

My story started a year ago i stood on the scales they said 24st Im not sure if it was anymore as my scales wouldnt register anymore :eek: anyways before christmas I managed to get my weight down to 19st 5 and I came of the wagon till 3 weeks ago when I got the courage to step back on the scales 21st 11 ouch! so I mean it this time Im sick of feeling and looking like this Im trying my best to stay focused last week I weighed in at 20st 12 so Im back on my journey...

Ive set myself a 3lb target on the small steps thread which I think is realistic I would love to set my goal at 12 stone but at the moment it feels impossible so its 3lbs at a time then a stone at a time.
Im on a low fat diet/calorie counting so far its worked for me with exercise.

Anyways Im a friendly geordie lass and it would be great to talk to some of you lovely people x

Hello Claire =]
I can totally see where you are coming from, before Christmas I too managed to lose some weight then came Christmas and New Year and so on and so on :(
Just last month I realised I had to wise up and get back on track, so here I am and I feel great!

I do Slimming world, green days as I'm a vegetarian and been losing about 2 lbs a week so far which suits me great.
Good luck :D
Laura

I am also a Geordie lass and this is definately a friendly place to come to.

No matter what you ask there's always someone who knows the answer and when you feel down someone to make you feel better

Irene xx

Hi Laura and Irene thanks for getting back, its strange that we can be so determined then suddenly it slips a way but I have a feeling this site is really going to help me :) and yes everytime I come on here I really feel I can do it, we all can!! :D

goodluck clare you eem to have the right attatude just small steps til your done there are always people to help out sarah x

Thanks Sarah, you have done amazing, dont worry from now on when I have a little crisis I feel like Ive got somewhere I can go :)

Welcome Clare. I think this site is amazing. I subscribe to a number of threads that mean I've gotten to know some great and supportive people on here. Maybe its the anonymity of being online but a lot of us who might be shy about giving advice to other people cos we are obviously overweight ourselves seem freer to do this on here. And it really helps. A lot of the time we know what to do - we just don't do it. And between us we have so much knowledge and experience.

So get reading and posting. I recommend the diaries for inspiration if you have a couple of hours spare and don't be shy of starting a thread - you just have to throw yourself into it. Good luck.

Thanks Judith for the reply :D everytime I come on here I feel much more determined and yes, I agree, I feel much more at kin with people in a similar situation, dont get me wrong I have great support from my friends and my sister but this feels like a little escapism reading other peoples own experiences. Now after your recommendation of reading other peoples diaries, well Im gonna do that right now!!! I might start one myself soon watch this space....

Hi clarish :) I have just joined this site too and it seems very friendly and supportive. Glad I have found somewhere with lots of people in the same boat as me :) I'm not to far away from you In the north-east. Good luck x

hi hun :) I noticed you joined the 2 stone by July challenge be nice to get to know you, yeah I love this site really helps knowing ppl are in the same boat, where are you in the north east pet?

I'm in stockton near M'Boro :)

yeah I know it bout 40 miles down the road cool, when we acheive this 2 stone loss we should celebrate and meet for a skinny coffee lol x :D

Haha yeah ;) really hope I can lose the 2 stones for end July, so will be 5 stones in total & i can get a nice new outfit for my son's birthday :D

We both can do it!! We will lose this 2 stone I feel very confident atm if I have a moment I feel I have somewhere I can run to now this forum!! how old is your son? My son Connor is 16 x I turned 35 in April Im determined when I turn 36 Im going to wear a dress on my birthday!!

Last edited:
I feel very confidant also :D we can do this! I have tried to lose weight time and time again but this time I'm going to do it, we both will, its great having somewhere to run when you have a tough day though. My son Jack is 3 coming up 4 and I am 25 x

aww bless I miss my son being little I really do.. yeah well if you need a whinge your more than welcome to send me a message hun x :D

Thanks hun, same with you :D I also have a little girl she is 14 months :) I dont want them to grow up :( it goes to fast as you will know! had a busy day today... been swimming with the kids, managed to get 20 lengths in and then we had a long walk to the park then shopping ... phew lol looking forward to a relaxing evening :)

Hi Clare,

I've only been on the site a couple of weeks and I think it's great - so friendly and so inspirational.

I joined for similar reasons to you - I'm doing it alone so to speak and thought a bit of extra motivation wouldn't go amiss.

It doesn't matter that you fell off the wagon, you climbed back on again and here you are! You can do it!!

Thanks hun, same with you :D I also have a little girl she is 14 months :) I dont want them to grow up :( it goes to fast as you will know! had a busy day today... been swimming with the kids, managed to get 20 lengths in and then we had a long walk to the park then shopping ... phew lol looking forward to a relaxing evening :)

Aye you deffo had a busy day!! I was terrible yesterday and most of the week I hurt my knee last Saturday night at some northern soul event at Newcastle uni its still hurts think I may have to go to doctors been a week now I havent done any cardio.. Im gonna try Monday to start again feel guilty as owt...

Hi Clare,

I've only been on the site a couple of weeks and I think it's great - so friendly and so inspirational.

I joined for similar reasons to you - I'm doing it alone so to speak and thought a bit of extra motivation wouldn't go amiss.

It doesn't matter that you fell off the wagon, you climbed back on again and here you are! You can do it!!

Hi yep you definitely need support when you have wobbly days I was keep watching programmes on you tube about super obese ppl its like proganda against fat, it was working but I think Ive watched them all 100 times now so Im like desensitised to them, now I can come here I can talk to people who understand.

I had to drag myself back on the wagon and scales well the shock did me good, although, I think I havent weighed myself for 12 days I fear those scales I swear to god come tomorrow fingers crossed I have lost my 3 lbs :)

well if you need a moan or a any encouragement give me a shout! A few of us have joined the 2 stone by July challenge take a look x

Back