went of the rails

owensmum

hi all i m new on here started cd last tue but went of the rails at the weekend i really want to stick to this i know i can but last week was so stressfull with my partner any advice on staying on track and not giving would be gratefully recieved please help i ve got 4 stone to lose:eek:

STOP!!!!NOW

tHE ONLY ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU IS TO FORGET YOUVE HAD A SLIP AND RESTART?YOU'LL HVAE TO DEAL WITH EVERYDAY STRESSES AND STRAINS ON THE DIET,YOU SEE THATS A THING ALOT OF US DO IS COMFORT EAT OR STRESS EAT?WE JUST HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER WAY OF DEAING WITH THIS?
IMAGION STICK WITH IT AND BY CHRISTMAS YOU COULD BE 1/2 WAY TO TARGET????HOW FANTASTIC WOULD THAT BE????
IF YOU DONT YOU COULD HAVE AN EXTRA 1-2 STONE TO LOSE IN THE NEW YEAR???
WIPE THE SLATE CLEAN START AGAIN TOMORROW AND WHEN YOUGET STRESSED FIND ANOTHER WAY TO DEAL WITH IT
((((hugs)))))
XXC

Dont beat yourself up about it...
As for staying on track...do you have a list of goals that losing weight will help you to achieve? Remembering how you feel now will also help you if you are tempted again...and keep drinkin water.....any time you feel hungry sip a glass of water...

Good luck!!

hi all i m new on here started cd last tue but went of the rails at the weekend i really want to stick to this i know i can but last week was so stressfull with my partner any advice on staying on track and not giving would be gratefully recieved please help i ve got 4 stone to lose:eek:

We've all - or most of us - had the odd blip. I myself have had more blips than a Gordon Ramsey programme ... oh that's bleeps!! I like to suggest that some of us take the more scenic route - but we all get to the same place if we carry on along the road.

Tips??? .... keep on posting and reading. More water ... and more and more. And if really SS is hard for you look to 790plan. Oh and talk to your CDC as well.

Hi

After asking everyones advice as to whether I should change from LL to CD as I was a bit fed up with my LL counsellor and the money involved I spoke to a CDC on the phone over the weekend.

She was so nice and supportive that I have decided to change so tomorrow I am starting CD.

I thought about stopping the LL foodpacks over the weekend and letting myself eat regular food but in end I forced myself to remember how bad I felt in the first couple of days before I went into ketosis that I thought I would be stupid to have to start whole process again!!

My LL counsellor was scary when I told her so I think it reconfirms my decision!

Thanks for your advice everyone

Definately made the right decission to continue with packs rather than stopping and having a break.

Glad yr new CDC seems to be nice - beware there maybe a difference in her scales though! I had that with one of my clients transferring - and she was so upset when my scales showed her heavier .... but she has since gone onto lose over 2stone.

I think if you slip...just don't let it turn into anything more as nibbling makes you so hungry.

Just keep going as everyone else as said and keep your eye on the prize.

Nothing tastes as good as slim.

Love Mini xxx

Hi

To try and avoid cheating, I ask myself what I want more - to eat that peice of food or to be slim and the answer is always to be slim. I then read a book or have a bath, half hour has passed and I realise that I didn't really want that food in the 1st place.

Good luck on your CD journey

thanks for your reply s i m still really focused in my head i know i can do this

Hi there - great positive attitude :D once you start seeing the weight dropping off, you'll be well motivated to keep going ! the first while can be a bit weird - not actually eating....I know it took me a while to get my head round it, but now it's just second nature ;)

take care....and good luck !

love

Debz
xx

Hi Owensmum, hun pls dont be so hard on yourself we all r only human and especially us women cant be perfect all the time LOl.

If u have a blip then just carry on with your packs for the rest of the day and drink drink and drink as much water as u can manage to flush the carbs out of your system.

If u find u r having a hard time then have u considered one of the other Cd plans like poss 790 or 1000 then work your way down to Ssing.

Isobel one of the moderators on here wrote an amazing post so i thought i would copy and paste it 4 u.

SOS!?!

Emergency Assistance is available!!!

Desperate to eat the contents of the chip shop?

Feeling miserable and need someone to talk to?

Worried about anything?

Need a quick answer to a question about your diet?

If you are feeling low or desperate to fall off your diet wagon and need a quick response, you can Private Message any of the Mini-Moderators, Moderators, Super Moderators or Administrators for an immediate reply.

Even if they don't know the answer to your question, they can give you support while they ask an 'expert' lol.

To find out which members are on the Minimins team, check out the Members List (click on the link in the blue band at the top of the page) and you'll find their 'status' under their member name.

To see who is online, check out the bottom of the main page (under the shout box) or at the right hand side of the Summary Page.

Or you could add the team to your Buddy List (in the User Control Panel) so that you can see immediately when they are online (on the Summary Page).

Hope that helps and remember -
please ask for help if you need it -
that's what we here for!!
:) :D :eek: :) :D :eek: :) :D :eek: :) :D :eek: :) :D :eek: :) :D :eek: :)

The MiniMins Team

Mini: Owner of the MiniMins company
Lipotrim starter, lost 5 stone/70lbs. and still losing with Cambridge Diet.

Email for contact: m[EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]

Pierce: Owner of MiniMins.com site
Self-confessed computer addict, expert systems administrator and maintainer.

Email for contact: [email protected]

D_Q: Administrator
CDC. Originally lost 7 stone/98lbs. using Cambridge.
Following ill health and small regain, now using Paul McKenna to lose remaining 7 stone/98lbs.
Mum to four girls and happily married to photography-addicted second husband.

Icemoose: Administrator
Just an overweight guy who found Cambridge and changed his life!
11.5 stone/161lbs. lost and now a full time CDC and a full time IT Manager.

Isobel1965: Administrator
Ex-teacher, CDC, single mum of 3 girls.
Lost 5 stone/70lbs. with LL/CD.
Currently maintaining-ish, but would like to get into 9s.

CD Counsellor: Super Moderator
Been a CDC for nearly 19 years
Cambridge Diet Special Merit Award Winner 2005
Forum Addict and Storyteller

Email contact: [email protected]

Diva:Super Moderator
Health & Lifestyle Coach that is passionate about helping people to move beyond their emotional challenges to live the lives that they truly want...After having lost over 5st/70lbs.
I became a CDC in 2005 and have successfully combined both practises.
Happily married to my best friend (though this is a work in progress :)) and we have a daughter who reminds us daily of how lucky we are.

Karion Dieting: Super Moderator
Teacher and musician. I lost 8 stone/112lbs. with Cambridge after years of yoyo dieting, and delighted to have maintained my new weight since July 2005.
Happily married with 2 teenage boys.

Russiandoll: Super Moderator
English undergraduate, aged 44.
Top weight 21st-12lbs./306lbs.
Started CD on March 24th weighing 18st-13lbs./265lbs. and I have now lost 4st-11lbs./67lbs. so far...
Hoping to become a CDC when my BMI criteria is reached.
Happily married with 4 daughters and 2 granddaughters.

Westhills: Super Moderator
Registered Psychiatric Nurse and have worked
Both in hospital and in the community.
Due to traumatic bereavements, I have not worked in three years.
Started LL on 4th January, 2006, weighing 21stone -9lbs.
After completing LL foundation programme I moved
To CD and continue to lose weight; present weight is 13 stone.
My life has changed beyond all recognition…
I started the WeMITT’s Thread for people with big weight to lose.
Attending CDC training course in September, 2006.

Brad0053: Moderator
I started CD last January, '06 and I lost 8 stone/112lbs.
I am completing maintenance and now very
much looking forward to my CDC training late September.
Living in Essex and married to Emma and we
have two sons.

demon: Moderator
60 years young, happily married with 3 children and 5 grandchildren.
Top weight 18st2lb/254lb
Started CD 13th Feb. at 16st2lb/226 and have lost 5st7lb/77lb so far........
Have just become a CDC.

Flopster: Moderator
Hi, I have been doing Lighter Life since 26th June 2006. I completed the 100 days and then did four weeks in development before deciding to embark on Management. I haven't done this the easy way but then why follow a straight route to success when you can take a nice scenic route instead??? I have lost just short of four stone, still about a stone overweight but am happy with being a size 14 - it is what I aimed for.

I am usually about as I have a window open with MiniMins during most of the day. If you need any help or support about falling off and climbing back on the wagon, please PM me and I will answer as soon as I physically can.

I'lldoit: Moderator
Well, I'm 37 - I have 3 children & live with my partner.I have yo-yoed for 18 years on lots of diets. I would like to become a counsellor in the next 5 years for children.I am doing the Lighterlife diet.
I like to support Mini's members as I know how they feel.

IreneH: Moderator
I am 55 years old and am married to Les and have a son Paul and a daughter Catherine (kitteh on the site).
I have an Open University degree and am an ex-primary school teacher. Have suffered from stress, anxiety and depression. Also had a divorce and been a single mother.
Started CD in February 06 with over 10 st to lose. Nearly 5 st gone so far.

Isis: Moderator
BA Social Work(DipSW) graduate. Currently employed as a Drug and Alcohol Worker in a street level agency.
Single Mum to 3 fantastic kids aged 3, 8 and 19.
Started on LL Nov 2005, lost 26lbs. Switched to CD April 2006, lost 18lbs, struggled due to marriage split. About to rejoin my VLCD journey and join the Sole Source gang. Approx 8 stone/112lbs to lose. Hope to be a CDC when I reach BMI criteria.
Would like to think my own recent personal experiences, plus my knowledge of substance use, CBT and motivation, could help another person and not only myself.

MandyB2: Moderator
Cambridge Diet Counsellor with qualifications in Psychology and Person Centred Counselling. I am also the co-owner of an entertainments business and work as a DJ and singer.
I have lost 8 and a half stone with the help of Paul Mckenna, Lighterlife, and now The Cambridge Diet.
I am currently working on losing the last few lbs to get to my goal weight and preparing for my life long journey of maintaining it !!

Sassy76: Moderator
Used Lighterlife, then Cambridge to complete my weight loss..
Total Loss Over 11 Stone to date...
I became a CDC in June 05, successfully built a good business, and helped many others achieve their weight losses!
Had 3 lots of Surgery since losing my weight including a tummy tuck, hence why I’m moderating this section.. If there is anything I can help with, just ask!

Summerskye: Moderator
On CD since February 2006: lost over 6 stone/85lbs to date and still want to lose another 1.5 to 2 stone/24lbs. to my goal weight.
Attending CDC training in September 2006.
Due to qualify as an accredited Life Coach around the same time and intend to combine being a CDC with Weightloss/Lifestyle coaching to help clients achieve their goals.

Texasgirl: Moderator
Welfare Rights Adviser for a charity during the day and in my free time, part time student, studying law and tax.
I started Cambridge Diet in March and I have lost 4 ½ stone and still losing, thanks to the help of wonderful CDC’s (you both know who you are!)
Hoping to become a CDC in the future.
I am 25 and happily married to a gorgeous husband.

Also alot of peeps here on the site look at the inspirational photos on the night workers forum when they are having a hard time and they have all said it has helped them keep motivated and keep their eyes on the prize, here is the link

http://www.minimins.com/night-shift-workers-forum/

Take care hun and hope u have a good week xx

http://photogallery.minimins.com/showgallery.php/cat/503

Back