Went shopping hungry!

Mini_Mog

Silver Member
I went to asda today straight from work. I had my list, along with my meal planner. But- I was absolutely ravenous and feing dehydrated (I work in a hot room and it really does make me feel awful some days).

As I was wandering round doing my shopping I felt really really deprived. But I pushed through it, finished, went home & had a nice 1.5 syn green meal with salad, and the deprived feelings had passed.

My consultant was talking about 'danger times' when you are most likely to sabotage yourself, I've certainly found one there!

To be honest I'm struggling to stay on the wagon, I'm holding on by my fingernails! I think gaining this week has demotivated me a bit. Doing well though, I've stayed on plan & I've also resisted weighing myself this morning. Planning my meals & the new mag has helped but I just feel a bit jaded:(

I had a gain too this week, and I feel exactly the same! I'm currently working in a supermarket, and on the way out of my shift this evening, I passed the bakery, which was clearly cooking something delicious and syn-filled! I was on dangerous cake-nomming territory! Haha.

I managed to resist, and have a 'one I made earlier' microwaved fisherman's pie when I got in!

Let's just keep at it, and this week will be better :)

Was just telling my husband about how I was feeling. I didn't even want anything specific, it was really strange. I think I was just really ready for my tea!

I think gaining has got me down a lot more than I'm happy to admit to. I think it's because I'm on the countdown to target now and I'm a little further away rather than a little closer.

Don't worry - up until Wednesday I was 1lb away from target! I have to admit, a gain after being so close really got to me, but the important thing is that I'm back on track, and mixing things up with a few EE days in the mean time, and trying to vary my meals a little - think I've got stuck in a rut of having the same things which may not be helping :/

But! If I food optimise 100% this week, I've had 3lb losses in the past, I could actually manage target I guess!

You can! We'll both get there. I'm feeling really positive today & excited to try a new recipe tonight. Think it's called turkey & thyme hotpot from the little book with this month's mag. Yum yum:)

I will get that 1.5 I need to get my next award:)

you have both done phenominally well, just look at the numbers, you can do it! keep going x

I went to asda today straight from work. I had my list, along with my meal planner. But- I was absolutely ravenous and feing dehydrated (I work in a hot room and it really does make me feel awful some days).

As I was wandering round doing my shopping I felt really really deprived. But I pushed through it, finished, went home & had a nice 1.5 syn green meal with salad, and the deprived feelings had passed.

My consultant was talking about 'danger times' when you are most likely to sabotage yourself, I've certainly found one there!

To be honest I'm struggling to stay on the wagon, I'm holding on by my fingernails! I think gaining this week has demotivated me a bit. Doing well though, I've stayed on plan & I've also resisted weighing myself this morning. Planning my meals & the new mag has helped but I just feel a bit jaded:(

Hi Mini_Mog,

You are not alone. I don't go to supermarkets any more (online delivery shopping is so much easier AND safer for me). I went to a supermarket a few months ago when I was hungry AND a bit pee'd off about something and it was a total disaster. So I think you did brilliantly and now you know it's a danger time you will be able to plan around that.

I know you are struggling to stay on the wagon however you are still there. We all have times when it just doesn't feel fun and we can't be bothered. Stick with it - it will pass.

Really fantastically well done for your losses though. I'm really pleased for you :D

you have both done phenominally well, just look at the numbers, you can do it! keep going x

Totally agree - well said :D :D

Gail x

Good for you for coping with the situation !! It seems that theres a lesson learnt but you managed ok !! x

Thank you to both of you:) I'm still on the wagon!!

I think it's all partly down to a very stressful working week which is thankfully over now:)

I keep thinking about shopping online, I saved money last time! X

Back