Went to Docs

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by Plumjuice, 19 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Plumjuice

Plumjuice Banned

Tried to explain to the doctor my past and how my weight is getting me down and all he could say was 'eat healthy and move more'!!!
    I told him I would like to try Xencial and he told me Im not overweight enough (Im 14st 13lbs!!! CLINICALLY OBESE>>HELLO!!!)
    Anyway after about 10 mins of me crying my heart out, he prescribed me a months worth of what I was hoping was Xencial but when I got it it was actually Alli :( As far as I know Alli is half the strength of Xenical so its going to take me twice as long to lose weight?? They are 60mg pills

Also, tried the strawberry Slimfast powder today and OMG YUK!!!!! Think il stick to the chocolate powder!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. babymable

babymable Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    I would go to a different doctor. My doctor is very supportive and it's someone like that you need to speak to. I hate doctor's that don't understand or care what you are going through and always tell you just wait and see what happens, or eat healthier. If only it was that easy. You shouldn't have to pay for Alli when you can get Xenical prescribed.

4. Redkoala

Redkoala Go on smile! =)

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(26.37%)
    Diet:
    Xencial, Gym & Healthy Eating!
    Xenical and alli do the SAME thing. They block 1/3 of fat. Doses dont really come into it. The only reason alli is 60g is because its a over the counter drug.

Alot of people have had good results with alli, go search alli in youtube there is 100's of people making videos on their success.

5. purple_kathryn

purple_kathryn Mostly harmless

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    low fat/low cal/taking xenical
    Just try it and see how you go.
    You need to make the changes to your diet and start exercising too. It's boring but it's true. Orlistat will only help you so much.

6. UNHAPPY-GREEN-EYES

UNHAPPY-GREEN-EYES Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(11.73%)
    Diet:
    xenical & healthy eating
    that seems a lil unfair, as i was 14stone and given xenical last week, try the alli and c how u go, u may b surprised!

if it doesnt work out and u still want to try xenical then perhaps go bak and c another doctor c wat they say hun,

good luck, keep positive

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.