went to Pharmacy today - hopefully starting Monday

scarlettcloud

Hi everyone
I am back from my holiday in Spain and i went to the Pharmacy today. they sent me away with a DVD to watch and a medical questionnaire to fill in and have booked me in for monday to get weighed in and started. i have plans this weekend which involve a lot of eating and drinking so i wanted to wait until Monday.

The only thing is the pharmacist asked me if i had any big events on in the next few weeks and i said Yes i have a formal on the 17th Sept. She said i couldnt do the TFR yet i would be better doing maintenance because i will be going to the formal and there will be a 3 course meal at it. she says she has heard so many people before say they will not eat at these things and then they do. so i just told her i wouldnt go in the end because i really want to start TFR not maintenance i have been putting it off too long.

i hadnt really though that far ahead but for the formal i realistically dont think i could go and not eat the meal when everyone else around me is eating. and i cant not go as its a charity thing and im one of the organisers. So i was thinking maybe i could exercise really hard that day and then just have the meal?

what do you think??xx

hey and welcome to LT, it'll be really hard knowing you've got an event coming up, and it'll be especially hard if its a 3 course meal! there will always always be events and things that come up, so if you need to be there, maybe u should start up your LT journey 2 weeks late.. cos when you start at it after the event you can really give it your 100%, i think for the sake of 2 weeks, its better to enjoy the event and make a big push at succeeding at the diet without the immediate hurdles. Its hard enough without the stopping and having to start again. good luck thou in watever you decide xxx

i did the same 2 weeks ago, i had the v festival one weekend then my birthday last weekend, both involved alot of alcohol and not so good food, so after my initial consult i left and booked an appointment for today, i again have an 'event' this weekend so have collected my swag from the pharmacy and will start on either sunday or monday depending whether i'm hungover or not on sunday, but will definitely be starting monday, but it is always best to start it without 'plans' so to speak, then you can put 100% effort into it. I'm sure we'll all struggle with different aspect of the diet, mine will be staying off the beer..... only time will tell lol

oh and somehow i weighed less today than i did 2 weeks ago, god only knows how lol

The only thing is the pharmacist asked me if i had any big events on in the next few weeks and i said Yes i have a formal on the 17th Sept. She said i couldnt do the TFR yet i would be better doing maintenance because i will be going to the formal and there will be a 3 course meal at it. she says she has heard so many people before say they will not eat at these things and then they do. so i just told her i wouldnt go in the end because i really want to start TFR not maintenance i have been putting it off too long.

i hadnt really though that far ahead but for the formal i realistically dont think i could go and not eat the meal when everyone else around me is eating. and i cant not go as its a charity thing and im one of the organisers. So i was thinking maybe i could exercise really hard that day and then just have the meal?

what do you think??xx

I [STRIKE]think you can do it[/STRIKE] know you can do it! I did, and if I can do it, so can you!

My LSH's brother's wedding was about a fortnight into my LT journey, not only was I one of the bridesmaids, but it was also a big family weekend away with 3 days of extended family meals and boozing going on. I stayed 100% and, although it was hard at times it wa worth it for all the lovely comments I received and also for my weight loss so far - almost 2 stone in 4 weeks!

Go on, start TFR. go to your function and discover (like I have) that you CAN enjoy yourself without eating/drinking :D

I [STRIKE]think you can do it[/STRIKE] know you can do it! I did, and if I can do it, so can you!

My LSH's brother's wedding was about a fortnight into my LT journey, not only was I one of the bridesmaids, but it was also a big family weekend away with 3 days of extended family meals and boozing going on. I stayed 100% and, although it was hard at times it wa worth it for all the lovely comments I received and also for my weight loss so far - almost 2 stone in 4 weeks!

Go on, start TFR. go to your function and discover (like I have) that you CAN enjoy yourself without eating/drinking :D

Thanks for that piece of info.....I've got a load of social events coming up and always have , that's one of the reasons that I kept putting starting again off. But I guess there's no wrong time to get started.....

Hiya Sandra.

Now im not saying you should eat, it is 100% TFR after all :) but couldnt you go to the event and miss the starter and the pudding and have a chicken or tuna salad?
When i got to week 5 i had to go on holiday with work (i know, ive gotta hard life lol) and 5 days at the seaside smelling fish and chips was absolutley HELL, so by day 3 id have enough and had 2 shakes and a tuna salad then next day i did the same. Got weighed that week and id lost 4 pounds so id say from my personal experience, as a one off you should be fine, as longs you remeber it is a one off and get straight back on track the next day.
Its your decision, just thought id share my experience :)

Hope its helped

Clair x

Hi everyone thanks for your replies. well i have decided to start on Monday anyway because i really would like to have a bit of weight off by the formal, rather than waiting until after the Formal to start it. I figure starting on monday, the formal is almost 2 weeks away i could have at least 10 lbs off by then if not more?? i Will have to wait to see how i feel on the day of the formal as to whether or not i will eat. I dont drink that often and its kind of a church function so there wont be alcohol anyway so that wont be a problem. maybe by then i will be so motivated by my weight loss so far only time will tell.

the other thing is, i was talking to my personal trainer yesterday about the diet and he wasnt very happy. he said he wasnt going to stop me, that if i really felt strongly that i needed to do it then he would support me, but that he was concerned at such rapid weight loss and how it may affect my skin. I do have a baby belly from my pregnancy and quite a lot of stretch marks and dont want to be left with a bunch of skin hanging. i said to him surely because i am exercising that will counteract that but he says its hard to tell. I have bought a slendertone and plan on using it everyday because obviously my belly would be the area of most concern. even tho i am overweight, muscles have memory and i do still have a bit of muscle tone from when i used to exercise a lot (i just have a whole lot of fat covering it LOL)
so what do you guys think?? those who have had big losses with lipotrim, how has it affected your skin??

Back