We're getting 2 kittens!!!

Mrs Depp

Gold Member
I need some advice please. What age should they be before being separated from their mother? We're hoping to pick them up next Monday - can't wait lol but don't want to rehome them too early and cause too much distress.

Don't know what sex they'll be as I think there's a mixture. So what would you recommend? 2 males? 2 females? 1 of each? :D I don't really mind to be honest as we had a female and then adopted a male kitten and they lived together for over 12 years without any problems.

Now we just have to agree on names when they arrive! Amy would like a ginger tom called Jaffa but somehow I don't think that'll happen lol! Any name ideas would be appreciated once we know what sex they are. :D

hey aww congrats im a kitty mummy aswel! most places tend to sell/give away kittens at 8 weeks. but i think it should be 10/11 weeks really. but its usually 8 weeks.

they are a bundle of joy kittens are!

mine are all girls, and they are the most friendly cats you could ever wish for. good luck though, i used to have a male cat, rescued him and he was also very lovely.

I think we'll see which ones choose us on Monday! :D I've been very lucky with the pets I've had in the past, my cat Penny was adopted from a friend of a friend whose wife had had a baby, she was only about a year old when I got her and we fell in love with each other straight away! :D When I met my ex she took an instant dislike to him and never really bothered with him lol!

Over the next couple of years we also took in Jessie who turned out to be the best dog anyone could ever have! She was amazingly patient when Chris was a baby pulling her tail and ears etc. :D Then along came Izzie who died earlier this year at 18 years of age. So

So, I'm looking forward to having these two little bundles of mischief running about the place, even though the ex isn't prepared to look after them! :mad:

i've just picked up my two kittens today, they are so quiet bless them! they are just snoozin in the little bed i made up for them hehe!

OOh - I'm so jealous - I miss mine being kittens - they are 3 now!

I have one of each and had them at 9 weeks old. They are brother and sister (although you wouldn't know it they are so different in both looks and temperament - check my photos!) mine are called Lenny and Charlie and the girl is actually more affectionate than the boy - she climbs into bed in the middle of the night and curls up to sleep in my armpit!

My last cat was called Eddie - I had him at 7 weeks which was probably a little early but it was the week before xmas and the women wanted them out the way before the hols.

What colour are they going to be? That might prompt some names - and sod the ex - my ex wouldn't even let me have cats at all! Your cats will be more loyal and loving than him anyway by the sounds of it - and will give you something happy and positive to focus on!! (don't mean to speak out of turn but have been reading some of your other posts)

My OH's Dad has named his dogs after the weather - Misty, Cloud (he's white!), Storm - they are huskies so its an native indian thing I think but they are lovely names.

My friend called his kitten Brian - which I thought was brilliant!!

Good luck with them - Enjoy!

Carol x

PS please post piccies when you get them!

Thanks Carol! :D Ooh that feels weird typing my name lol!

I've been on the phone to the owner and she said they'll only be 3 weeks old on Monday (crossed wires between her daughter and mine lol). So I'm going to meet them and choose our 2. There are 2 black/white females, 2 black/white males and a white/tan female, the kids want the white/tan female and a black/white male. :D

We've already decided on names lol! After making long long lists (Amy did!) we're naming them Brian and ChiChi :D

I've been ordered to take a photo of them so will try to get it on here too! :D

Yeah you're right Carol, sod the ex!! You're not speaking out of turn hun, I've posted some of my troubles on here because it helps to cyber talk about things sometimes and I'm always open to advice. :D:D

Hi Carol (yes it does feel weird talking to someone with the same name as you!!! I don't know very many Carols as its quite unusual for someone my age! Loads of Carolines, Carolyns etc!)

Brian and Chi-Chi are very splendid names - and you are very lucky to be able to meet your new family members when they are so 'ickle. 3 weeks old - how cute!

Carol x

Hi Carol (yes it does feel weird talking to someone with the same name as you!!! I don't know very many Carols as its quite unusual for someone my age! Loads of Carolines, Carolyns etc!)

Brian and Chi-Chi are very splendid names - and you are very lucky to be able to meet your new family members when they are so 'ickle. 3 weeks old - how cute!

Carol x

Haha! I work with 2 Carol's and a Caroline lol! Though one of the Carol's actually left work last Saturday. :D My parents named me after a friend of an aunty (I was born in '63 and there weren't many Carol's around then) :D

Haha! I work with 2 Carol's and a Caroline lol! Though one of the Carol's actually left work last Saturday. :D My parents named me after a friend of an aunty (I was born in '63 and there weren't many Carol's around then) :D

I was born in '71 and everyone at school used to take the mick out of my old-fashioned name!! Never cared - I've always liked my name!

Bizarrely I'm a medical sales rep and in my division there are only two of us covering the country - and my colleague's name is Caroline - it does lead to some confusion!!!

Carol x

Just been working in France for a few days and my french colleagues thought that my name was actually Caroline too - and that I had shortened it to Carol to make things easier for everyone else!!!!

We were given new name badges a few weeks ago and they put an 'e' at the end of my name! So I jokingly told my boss "That's not my name, I can't wear that badge" and she turned all 'Ricky Lake' on me waving the badge around saying "You WILL wear this badge" blah blah blah :rolleyes: I've lost count of the number of workmates who've said "Your names spelt wrong". :rolleyes:

My middle name is Anne (like most Carols I think!!) and spent my childhood spelling my name- Carol without an "e" Anne with an "e" (remember my dental nurse was Carole with and Ann without!!!!) Mind you my surname was Portlock which created much more spelling mishaps!! - Porthole, Pothole, Potluck funniest ever was receiving a letter from someone who had completely misheard my name and addressed it to "Harold Porkchop" Stupidly told that story to some work colleagues once and it stuck!!!

My middle name is Anne (like most Carols I think!!) and spent my childhood spelling my name- Carol without an "e" Anne with an "e" (remember my dental nurse was Carole with and Ann without!!!!) Mind you my surname was Portlock which created much more spelling mishaps!! - Porthole, Pothole, Potluck funniest ever was receiving a letter from someone who had completely misheard my name and addressed it to "Harold Porkchop" Stupidly told that story to some work colleagues once and it stuck!!!

We weren't given middle names in my family so I just get shortened versions of Carol, Caz, Cal, Cags etc, but an old driving instructor used to call me CarolAnn :D Funnily enough my older sister is called Ann lol!

Aww Harold Porkchop! Sorry but I had to laugh at that one! I get all sorts of different version of my married surname now (it's Roughley) Rugley, Rougeley, people don't know how to pronounce it sometimes and it's so simple! :rolleyes:

Back