Wetherspoons Syn values

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by Surraya, 13 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Surraya

Surraya Member

I'm off to spoons tonight for curry club, obviously feeling guilty, I prepared myself for the amount of syns. I was surprised to see...

Chicken Tikka Masala with Basmati Rice, Naan Bread, Mango Chutney & Poppadums: EE - 18½

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It shouldn't really be a surprise after all there will be oil and cream in the curry, bread is fairly high in syns, and chutney and poppadums both have syns as well - also very low veg count if any at all

Better options are the five bean chilli/rice at 4.5 syns or free if you don't eat the nachos or the sweet chilli noodles which is around 5 or 6 syns if I remember rightly

4. Surraya

Surraya Member

I didn't think it was too bad actually, there's 10 syns in the naan so I'm not going to have that, so my curry will only be 8.5. If you compare that to a beef burger that contains 60 syns!! Lol.

You're right about the chilli though, maybe I'll have that next time. :)

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh I see! Sorry I thought you were shocked by the syns rather than pleased! Confusion over - hope you enjoyed your curry

6. Surraya

Surraya Member

I re-read what I wrote and it does sound like that. Lol. The curry was very nice, however I did have a pint of strongbow (10 syns, oops).

How is your diet going?

7. Judehb

Judehb Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh i'll remember that 1 for the future.

8. Madmazy

Madmazy Full Member

Start Weight:
    27st0lb
    Current Weight:
    27st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    yum think i'll be popping to wethers for a curry!! and some tia marias and d coke!! he he thanks Mwah Maz Xx : )

9. lolacola

lolacola Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's actually quite good. I was under the impression that 'spoons didn't have much under the 30 syn mark. My usual in there was the gourmet burger which comes with the beer battered onion rings, chips, and a drink. I dread to think how many syns are in that, but it tastes amazing.

Think the tikka masala is a perfectly good replacement treat though!

10. laurenbj100

laurenbj100 New Member

weatherspoons have the nut info of most of there food on the site to which is handy alothoe they dont have the portion size but i had a sweet chilli noodles in there a few weeks bck and it was lovely (and only £2.99) i emailed them explaining that i was on sw and would they be able to tell me the portion size of the meal.2weeks later i had a letter in the post thanking me for my enquirie and giving me the info i asked for.That for me is a big thumbs up for weatherspoons :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.