Wetherspoons Syn values

Surraya

I'm off to spoons tonight for curry club, obviously feeling guilty, I prepared myself for the amount of syns. I was surprised to see...

Chicken Tikka Masala with Basmati Rice, Naan Bread, Mango Chutney & Poppadums: EE - 18½

It shouldn't really be a surprise after all there will be oil and cream in the curry, bread is fairly high in syns, and chutney and poppadums both have syns as well - also very low veg count if any at all

Better options are the five bean chilli/rice at 4.5 syns or free if you don't eat the nachos or the sweet chilli noodles which is around 5 or 6 syns if I remember rightly

I didn't think it was too bad actually, there's 10 syns in the naan so I'm not going to have that, so my curry will only be 8.5. If you compare that to a beef burger that contains 60 syns!! Lol.

You're right about the chilli though, maybe I'll have that next time. :)

Oh I see! Sorry I thought you were shocked by the syns rather than pleased! Confusion over - hope you enjoyed your curry

I re-read what I wrote and it does sound like that. Lol. The curry was very nice, however I did have a pint of strongbow (10 syns, oops).

How is your diet going?

yum think i'll be popping to wethers for a curry!! and some tia marias and d coke!! he he thanks Mwah Maz Xx : )

That's actually quite good. I was under the impression that 'spoons didn't have much under the 30 syn mark. My usual in there was the gourmet burger which comes with the beer battered onion rings, chips, and a drink. I dread to think how many syns are in that, but it tastes amazing.

Think the tikka masala is a perfectly good replacement treat though!

weatherspoons have the nut info of most of there food on the site to which is handy alothoe they dont have the portion size but i had a sweet chilli noodles in there a few weeks bck and it was lovely (and only £2.99) i emailed them explaining that i was on sw and would they be able to tell me the portion size of the meal.2weeks later i had a letter in the post thanking me for my enquirie and giving me the info i asked for.That for me is a big thumbs up for weatherspoons :)

Back