We've got 10% to go - team challenge

I was thinking Long similar lines of having three meals a day plus two snacks a day and possibly even a fourth snack provided it is low in calories and carbs. I think if I eat little but often approach would work for me and of course continue with the habit of drinking water during the course of the day. I haven'y quite decided what regime to follow post CWP but I know meals and snack have to be planned with military precision for me to stay on track.

i have seen it, but it's really UGLY (imo). couldn't have it in my home!

more seriously - i dunno. i don't think my problem is not knowing the right portion size. if i want to overeat i just see myself leaving the plate in the cupboard.

i used to have graze boxes. 1 whole box a day instead of lunch, was the theory. Totally didn't work. When i finish I might go back to graze but having one box a week (no afternoon snack on friday - tend not to stay at work so late).

I've seen the diet plate but it's not for me. I'd prefer to use a middle size plate ( ie the one bigger than a side plate and smaller than dinner plate- are they called dessert plates?) plus I like my Denby day to day kitchenware.

HA! It is tres ugly, my point was more around the portions on it! Meaning at the moment my portions of food are huge... By comparison On 810 that is. But maybe that's because you only have one meal a day with the packs. I'm trying to figure out portions for future reference, but like you said, portions are not my foe, it'd be the fact that I Ate a massive bar of dairy milk in half an hour slots, or a 500 calorie slice of cake.

You know what I am loving, restaurants putting calorific values on menus, let's see more of that!

portions on 810 are insane!

but my three months minimum, planned on dietchef, should hopefully retrain my appetite into expecting sensible portions. obv dietchef are diet portions - but then for maintenance i kinda intend to diet six days a week anyway... so that i can allow myself treats and boozes and the occasional takeaway. just one day a week- and hopefully not a kamikaze binge day.

See now that's utterly sensible... It's not a diet, more if a lifestyle!

Oh brilliant - found it! Is it ok if I don't weigh in. For the first time in my life im focusing on the food control bit :) might weigh in in a month?

It's all about the end result- getting to where we want to be, so no weighing is permissible! Perhaps just a goal? As in an aspiration, not a number!

Ok definitely - my goal is to be in control of my addictive eating. As its a new month I'll make a goal to have been in control for a month, or have understood any moments I've not been in control. I'd like to read this at the end or feb feeling less fearful about food choices and feeling more comfortable, healthy and happy in my skin. I may weigh in at the end of February but this isn't the main goal. :)

I'm in, I'm in!!!

I think I just about scrap through as I have approx 12% left to lose :D. Thanks for the invite.

So here's my stats

Lose2Win
Challenge start weight: 183.5lbs
Minimum goal weight: 159lbs
Aspirational goal weight: 154lbs
Weight left to lose: 24.5 lbs or 29.5lbs

Nat, I do think using a dessert plate or whatever that middle size plate is called helps with the portions........well except if one goes and has seconds!

Spangles, I loved that expression "kamikazeee binge"!! That describes my binge sessions exactly!!!

Lara, love you February goal of controlling your addictive desire! I am working on that too (though I doubt I''ll be able to keep away from the daily weighing just yet! Only when I'm away half term!)

Hello all

Sorry if I've not contributed but I've not been in a good place, my sciatica has flared up again and I just got really really depressed. I just felt fed up with this diet, fed up with my body as its only in the last couple of weeks I've exercised since my back went last summer!!!

Anyway I've had a couple of days of wallowing and now I'm ready to pick myself up and get on with it!!

I weighed myself this morning and I'm 12 6 so I'm still slowly going down and that makes it less than a stone which is a great incentive,

So ladies am going to need support to get on with it unfortunately exercise free!!!

Xx

Well ems.... Don't we all!?

It's certainly not easy this last had slog. It's not as simple as drink water, stick to your packs and walk about for 20mins a day.

Although 810 is just half of my personal current BMR my body is on strike! I would be about 5000 cals to the deficit on a weekly basis, and yet my stubborn mule carcass has got me either staying the same or possibly up a pound this week, which.. frankly... hacks me right off! The only thing I can peg it to, is the water. I've had about 1.5 lts at most per day, which I know is half of what I promised myself. Plus it's TOTM, so I guess I have some flimsy reasons. I have to be more consistent with the water. Ive decided to use 500ml bottles now and drink them over the space of an hour. I don't know why this is such an issue for me, but if I do it, I feel amazing, it's just another one of my weird foibles!

Off to hear my fate...

Nat x

Oh hello can I join please ??

I can add my details in abit when I get on the pc :)

Im day 1 today it's lovely to read all posts this morning fab vibe and great support.

Monica x

My names mama and I'm a cd success (almost)
Original start weight 254lb
Current weight 151lb
Target weight 136/140lb
Between 11/15lbs to go

Also hangs head in shame I'm a CDC struggling to kick this baby weight BUT this is the year I will say " I'm at target" again

We can do this people my WI is Tuesday am and I WILL have lost 3 this week fingers crossed.

bettiesrevenge said:
Well ems.... Don't we all!?

It's certainly not easy this last had slog. It's not as simple as drink water, stick to your packs and walk about for 20mins a day.

Although 810 is just half of my personal current BMR my body is on strike! I would be about 5000 cals to the deficit on a weekly basis, and yet my stubborn mule carcass has got me either staying the same or possibly up a pound this week, which.. frankly... hacks me right off! The only thing I can peg it to, is the water. I've had about 1.5 lts at most per day, which I know is half of what I promised myself. Plus it's TOTM, so I guess I have some flimsy reasons. I have to be more consistent with the water. Ive decided to use 500ml bottles now and drink them over the space of an hour. I don't know why this is such an issue for me, but if I do it, I feel amazing, it's just another one of my weird foibles!

Off to hear my fate...

Nat x

Hi Hun switch your bottles to the 750ml as you only need 3 minimum for the day and not 4 and a half, it's psychological it seems less of a challenge.

Good plan! I'm off to go get some now!

So i'm joining here now for the final bit.

Challenge start weight: 10st
Original target: 9st 10lbs
Aspirational target: size 12 (9st 3lbs??)
weight left to lose: 4lbs or 11lbs

Sapphireblue said:
So i'm joining here now for the final bit.

Challenge start weight: 10st
Original target: 9st 10lbs
Aspirational target: size 12 (9st 3lbs??)
weight left to lose: 4lbs or 11lbs

Omg would love your start weight lol, how tall are you?

Back