What a difference 2 years and 12 stones make

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by slendablenda, 12 September 2010 Social URL.

1. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Wow - lucky me................
    I originally decided to do LL because of my health.
    I kept getting virus chest infections which just wouldn't go away
    despite anti-biotics etc.
    The last time before I started LL it turned into bronchitis and then pneumonia. I was off work for ages and felt ill for months.
    I reached my goal weight almost 2 years ago and have had one mild cold since then - until now.
    Last Monday I started feeling unwell and thought, here we go again, familiar feeling. By Thursday I was really ill, off work and in bed. Doctor came Friday, told me it is a virus going round and I'll be starting to feel better by Monday!
    I thought, I doubt it - we'll see..............
    Guess what? today, real signs of improvement, temperature gone,
    feeling much better, panic over. I hope to go back to work on Tuesday.

Sorry to go on about myself, but it's like a miracle to me. When I weighed 21.5 stone this would have meant about 3 months illness for me.
    I really feel so fortunate. I hope it works like this for others too.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    AW, sorry you are poorly :( But glad you are on the mend.

I know just what you mean - before LL, if I got a whif of a cold, I would be sick for days!!! Not as bad as what you experienced - BUt I would REALLy drag out the cold for days. All I had to do was SEE someone with a cold, and I would get sick!! Now, I can be around - eat with, kiss - someone with a cold, and I still don't get one. WOnderful!

Touch wood - since LL (Jan 2008) I have not had a single cold!!! That to me is a miracle!!!

Amazing isn;t it what nutritional food does for ones body.

Put in premium petrol, and a car runs beautiful.....same for us - put in good nutrional food to fuel ourselves, and we run beautifully too.:)

Take care hon - hope to connect soon.

xxx

4. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Thanks,
    Yeah, fresh healthy food. Loads of veggies and fresh fruit.
    I also have 2 pro-biotic drinks every day and take vitamin C and cod liver oil capsule. It obviously helps the immune system doesn't it?
    Love ya hun xxx

5. sorcha

sorcha Likes to change diets...

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Started with LL, then Exante, then Atkins now Exante...again!
    Hope your feeling better slendablenda.....and losing 12 STONE and keeping it off is bl**dy amazing!!
    I have my weigh in tonight and have one more week on total...then thanks to your lovely reply to my awful dairy entry i am going on to developers with ( some) support from my hubby.....thank you again, you really are ( along with alot of the posters on here ) truly inspriational and talk so much sense.

6. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Hey Sorcha,
    Thanks for your kind comments. I know sometimes I probably sound a bit evangelistic about LL, but I really feel that since I did LL I have been able to reclaim my life.
    I know there is NO WAY I'm ever going back there.
    When I first got to goal I was terrified I would put it all back on as soon as I even looked at food. But, know what? it didn't happen and I don't feel deprived. I have the odd "treat" chocolate, alcohol etc. I don't say to myself you CAN'T have anything, but i have definitely changed my way of eating. If I want a pudding I'll have 2 spoonfuls and give the rest to my OH. I get that lovely first hit of pleasure and he gets the rest. YUM.
    Statistics say 75-80% of people who lose a lot of weight will put it back on in a year. I couldn't believe I could be a lucky one.
    When I said that to my LLC she said "funny how the harder you work at something the luckier you become!"

If my experience has helped you at all I am thrilled.
    Good luck with the rest of your journey. In my opinion RTM is an essential part of the programme and will set you up for continued success.
    I am so glad your OH is supporting you xxx

7. Slimseaa

Slimseaa Silver Member

Congrats SB, both you and BL are an inspiration to all of us. You guys have got such willpowers :)

8. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Thanks Slim.
    We are lucky because we support each other too.
    We stick around here because we know how other people's experiences helped us when we were losing.
    I was so lucky to have BL in my group. She was the one who introduced me to Minimins.
    We were also fortunate to have a great LLC and some lovely ladies in our group.

9. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    hope you are on the mend - sounds like it!
    inspirational as ever
    daisy x

10. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Thanks Daisy, I'm feeling so much better now. Went back to work today. Everyone says I 'm sounding sexy !

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.