what a difference a picture can make

atchonblimp21

This is the first day in a couple of weeks that I have just wanted to blow the diet and eat whatever I want....I have felt pretty low all day and just wanted rubbish
...then I was just about to dig into some chocolate when I got a message on my phone, it was a piccy of a few of us at a beach bonfire the other night...and it completely shocked me as even though I have lost over 3 stone I still feel huge and I can't mentally get over that.

...But i looked at this photo and guess what, for once in my life I looked pretty much the same size as everyone else and they are all quite slim and not like the odd one out, the fat friend...

.....and it just shocked me so much I put down the chocolate and thought...you know what, there is no way I am going to ruin all my hard work! Look how far I have come.

What an amazing feeling? :D
...just had to share

That must be a fantastic, lovely feeling :D I agree tho, I think we need to see this pic ;)

Awwww good on you - that must have been a great feeling.

I like you am no longer feeling like the "fat friend" & I love it!!

What a great piece of motivation for you to always go back to and remember that amazing feeling you had! : )

That is wonderful. It's weird how we are all here slogging our guts out to lose weight, and then when we do, our brains have difficulty in catching up. I get this all the time- the other day we were at my OH Mum's house and I have always felt like the fat one in the room. When we got home I mentioned to my OH that I thought I might finally be roughly the same size as his Mum and he p1ssed himself and said that I was at least 3 stone lighter than her and how could I not see that?- I was really shocked.

Maybe it takes a photo where we can compare ourselves to 'normal' people to bring it home to us. I find myself constantly asking my OH now "Am I bigger than her- what about her?" just to try and get a sense of how others see me.

Well done on your realisation- and well done for it motivating you further. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks all, it's been a real awakening, it almost looks like I'm looking at a totally different person, like that's not me, how can it be. It sooo weird lol. People have told me, said you don't need to lose anymore do you? etc...but I'm like what can't you see me? lol...

...and i'm wondering will it ever sink in properly. Who knows? but I've come so far and I can't wait to get to goal...it's so close :D

ps, sorry I would love to show you all the picture but unfortunately it's on my mobile and the usb link up doesn't work, which is a pain.

...This forum is great, thanks for all your support :D

Ok managed to find some piccies

This is me before at 14 stone, I used to dye my hair dark brown.

21974-albums2151-picture13089.jpg

and this is me now blonde :D

21974-albums2151-picture14582.jpg

Last edited:
*** wolf whistles *** you look amazing hun! well done on your fabulous achievements xxx

Thanks for posting your pic and you look great!
Are you naturally blonde then? I want to change my hair color from dark brown to blonde, but not sure how it would look.

Hi yeah I am naturally blonde, so dunno how you would go about that sorry. It just remember it took me ages to wash out and grow out the dye. But I know you can get it bleached slowly by profesionals, but I am not sure how good that would be for your hair condition.

Its funny how you always want opposite of what you got, I had blonde straight hair and have always wanted brown curly hair lol....but my blonde hair has grown on me again and I think it is a keeper this time :D

good for you its is mad how much of an impact one photo can have. well done on your weightloss and keep up the good work.

and to meli if you want to change your colour to blonde but not sure if it will suit you do it gradually. have a few blonde highlights (t section) the first time you have it done and each time after have a few more move on to half a head and then a full head. sometimes an all over colour can be really drastic and theres nothing worse than having it done paying all that money if you dont like it. plus the reversal of having blonde in can be quite espensive and damaging to your hair.

Well done. Also you have done me a huge favour. Given that I'm the same height as you and virtually the same starting weight, I can see how I might look if I stick to SW this time. Although I must same I'm a darn sight older :)

Back