Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

What a difference a walk makes!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by wannabslim, 7 December 2008 Social URL.

1. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    Hey guys,

Well, I'm CD SS (sorta SS+ing) at the moment, and really felt today like I needed to get out in the fresh air. I am one of the most unenergetic people I know, but I found myself dying to take a walk!

So, I grabbed my H2B who was most surprised as this is very unlike me, and off we went (he was a little reluctant at first but I managed to encourage him with my enthusiasm!). We stopped at the supermarket on the way and I didnt feel one urge to buy or eat food - it was liberating! We then went into the countryside and had a lovely walk for 45mins as the sun set.... beautiful!

He even ran down the muddy path giving me a piggy back so I didn't get dirty and wet - now that I am slimmer he finds it easy, and it was great fun! I felt like a little kid but it was so lovely to do something together where it was just us and the countryside, no distractions.

I had felt lethargic and tired before; now I feel full of energy and the cobwebs have most definitely been cleared... hence the title of this thread - "what a difference a walk makes". So next time we are blessed with a beautiful day on the weekend, we have agreed we should definitely go again - and if possible make it a weekly thing.

Why don't you try it? If you don't have a partner, take the dog, or a friend, or even go by yourself!

xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Sounds like you had a great time - good on you for getting yourself up and out there :)

4. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Wants to shed pounds more

Not sure where you are but weather heres been great too - beautiful clear skies and I am the type to just sofa surf. However, I have had the compelling urge to be out in the country and get some air - feels great, dunnit ? :)

5. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    exactly the same as me hun! i had to prise myself away from the sofa - it was clear blue skies outside and i felt just wrong for staying indoors... there was a big dent in the sofa cushion where i had been sitting there for so long!! lol x

6. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    And it all helps to get rid of those inches :)

7. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    oh yes indeedy!

8. Dieting Rambler

Dieting Rambler Size 14 Here I Come!

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(19.23%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    sounds like you had a lovely time!

9. Smiley_Cat

Smiley_Cat Loving CD SS!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Awww...great post hun! Sounds idyllic :) Well done you for following a healthy urge! lol Sounds like the day, and the sunset, and the piggyback were all rewards for doing so :)

Cx

10. Ro Laren

Ro Laren 7st 11lbs down ...

Start Weight:
    26st6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(29.46%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    As a single parent to a large German Shepherd, I have to go for a walk 2-3 times daily no matter what the weather or how I am feeling that day.

I miss the 'going for a walk because it would make me feel good' option!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.