WHAT A HORRIBLE...

goolian

Fab & Fit For Florida
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE DOCTOR!!!

I went to see this Dr Mitra, never seen him before, to get a repeat of my pill. The first thing he asked me was "what are you going to do about your weight?"

I said I was dieting and he blatantly didn't believe me. He weighed me and said "You were 5kg lighter in December!" I wasn't even weighed in Decemeber by the doctor, she asked me what I weighed and I told her at the time.

He was saying, "this is a worry, you should be 71kg, and it is showing as 107kg". I told him that a couple of weeks ago i was 17st1 and i'm now 16st10 and his response was "you obviously don't work in kilograms!"

I am absolutely fuming, but I am soooo proving him wrong!

I am soooo upset about this :(

I Hate bl**dy doctors! (sorry to any doctors reading this)
But you get an overweight person in and automatically thats what your appointment becomes about not what you actually went to see them about at all!

the thing is, the way he made it sound I was massive, I'm only a size 18 and I don't think that is huge!

or am I suffering this body dismorphia and I am actually huge!!!

What an arse!
Take no notice of him chick x

the thing is, the way he made it sound I was massive, I'm only a size 18 and I don't think that is huge!

or am I suffering this body dismorphia and I am actually huge!!!

Dont make the small minded git make you feel like that wan...... you get the rest!

god size 18 is tiny compared to me lol!

i just thought you know i could have turned round and said "look i was 18st5 last year"... but it would have feel on stoney ground

there was no way i was telling him i am on cd, cos that would have been a can of worms

i just thought you know i could have turned round and said "look i was 18st5 last year"... but it would have feel on stoney ground

there was no way i was telling him i am on cd, cos that would have been a can of worms

A doctor of all people should be supportive for us! I find mine is a out and out ******* and i actually go and see the nurses who are fantastic!!!

Take me with you next time & we can show him what fat really looks like!! ;)

I found the nurses were far more supportive than the doctors at my surgery. And i'd love to be a size 18 hun! You're in no way HUGE! Next time tell him to bugger off!

i would have gone to the nurse, but i dunno if they can prescribe my pill, especially since this was only the second time getting it :(

i would have gone to the nurse, but i dunno if they can prescribe my pill, especially since this was only the second time getting it :(

The docs like to see you after you've had your first lot to check everythings been ok etc, but next time i'd make an appointment with the nurse because she'll be able to do it.

What an ar*e :mad:

But you get an overweight person in and automatically thats what your appointment becomes about not what you actually went to see them about at all!

This happens so much and is so wrong.

Ignore what he says, you are dealing with it and he obviously would be no help at all {{Hugs}}

Annie x

thanks chick... i am thinking that because he has given me a year's worth of my pill... i might especially make the app with him next year for my repeat, just to prove him wrong!!!

Your CDC's letter should be on your file, so he should have known anyway? I would have told him anyway, whether he liked it or not! :mad:

I hate it when you go to the doctor for like a stubbed toe or something and they are like "let's get you on the scales" it's so annoying, so I really feel for you, what a tosser!

I need to go get something checked out and I want to wait until I lose another stone or so as I'm still so self conscious! Ridiculous really!

I hate going to the doctor. These days it's a little better as my doctor is very overweight. She doesn't bug me so much about my weight, but she does mention it -- gently. It's hard for her to nag me too much, because it would be much like the pot calling the kettle black!

what an @ss!:mad:

def go and see the family planning nurse instead next time!!!

my DR seems to be the opposite with me, i went to him for help with getting the weight off and he brushed me off completely. but my sister went to see him for rash on her leg and he told her to loose weight:confused: even though she was only about 7lb over ''ideal'' weight:rolleyes:

I've learnt a lot from my Dr's over the years -
1. Chesty Cough - Weight issue
2. Broken arm - Weight issue
3. Throat Infection - Weight Issue

amazing what weight causes ey?

Back