What a joy it it to find this thread

Grannyweatherwax

Over the last 60 years I must have been on every diet know to man. Low calorie, low fat, low carb, high carb, eat this bar, drink this shake, boil up a load of cabbage, take these tablets etc etc, I certainly lost weight, but regained it. I've thrown all the diet books away, I'm eating 3 meals a day, cooking from scratch, no convenience foods, no' healthy cereal bars' and making myself sit down to eat everything.
This week I've lost 2 lbs. I'm not in a race I'm not even on a diet. I'm adopting a healthy life style and the weight loss is a side effect. Having said that!! I'm keeping myself motivated by trying to drop a stone by Christmas. I'm not going to be hard on myself if I don't but its a goal to aim for.

Hi granny :)
I can't seem to get away from calorie counting .. But I'm certainly in the healthy eating camp :)
I cook everything from scratch .. No hard or tins for me or my family x
Good luck on your Xmas goal x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Im finding it strange, im not eating perfectly but everything is cooked fresh, no takeaways, no junk.
Im eating breakfast! I am used to dramatic losses from doing VLCDs but once the magic of a VLCD fades I cant get back into them, if I just eat 'normally' lose weight slowly, it should stay off forever!..

Thos of us who have done fad diets (Granny has done them all) need a week or two when we start eating properly, but sensibly, for our bodies to come out of shock. Its like shaking up a box of marbles they need time to settle

Thanks for the words of wisdom :) I've just joined & want to post my food diary, which will hopefully keep me on track (!) but I'm deliberating over healthy eating or calorie counting.... I'm still not decided and feel that the calorie counting helps me at first to reign in my portion sizes and my 'sneaky' eating (open fridge, grab something!) But I definitely agree that a couple of weeks adjusting is good, if I go straight into a proper diet I lose it quickly (yay) but put it back on oh so easily (boo) :D

Grannyweatherwax said:
I'm not in a race I'm not even on a diet. I'm adopting a healthy life style and the weight loss is a side effect. Having said that!! I'm keeping myself motivated by trying to drop a stone by Christmas. I'm not going to be hard on myself if I don't but its a goal to aim for.

this is my goal too - slow & steady wins the race!!

Back