What a miserable Christmas!

malaika

Lover of Extra Easy
My Christmas is being totally cr*p :(
My OH discovered a gas leak yesterday so the gas people came and shut off the gas.
The tech is here and can't find the leak and is now having problems getting the gas to work at all.... so it's a cold Christmas so far :cry:
We have electric heaters in the lounge but can't use the gas stove or radiators. We can use the oven and have a steamer but lunch will be boring :(
We are renting and are just so fed up.
We have requested certain repairs to the home and it's taken them 3 years to get to it. When did they start? 2 weeks before Christmas! We also had major boiler hassles so had no boiler for 2 weeks and then had boiler men as well as builders all over the home. We had no windows or balcony doors with huge holes in the walls. It has been freezing!! Now, they have temporarily finished the jobs so at least I could put up a tree! And, we thought, that at least we can have a good lunch and keep warm!
Fingers crossed that they can fix the gas so we can cook properly and get the heating back on... if all fails I shall drink a bottle of wine. That will warm me up!
Sorry to moan but it is really not a good day!
Thankfully, we will be spending time with the boys and their partners on Sunday. We should thaw out by then!

I hope everyone else has a good Christmas!

I am sooooo sorry to hear what a bad day you are having. You have definitely not been treated fairly by your landlord/lady!

I wish there was something we could do to make your day better xx

Thanks Sue!
Good news is that they fixed the gas and the heating is back on and we can cook lunch properly. We'll be eating really late but better late than never!
Hubby is in the kitchen (as all good men should be!) starting to prepare the lunch.
He is doing the roasts. We are having duck and gammon as we decided to give turkey a break this year. I am doing all the veg.
Am being naughty and having roasties in goose fat, but having 3 veg from the SW mag.. lemon beans, sprouts and bacon and the red cabbage.
We are not having pud (polishes halo) but having cheese and biscuits (removes halo) :D:D:D
I am chilling with my glass of wine and feeling a lot less stressed now. All our boys have called too so it's been good.

Yes, our landlords are certainly not being fair, and the agents are worse than useless. The complaints we have are a lot more than I listed, and our patience has now run out. I am going to write to them this weekend (as phone calls do little) telling them that we are withholding rent until everything is sorted out and expect a compensation for inconvenience and the cash we have had to outlay. If they don't like it, they can take us to court!

Oh Sonia! I'm SO plesed yur heating is back on! We spent last Xmas huddled round a coal fire! I came downstairs this morning to find one of our radiators had leaked all over the lounge floor! We're renting too! We already had 2 radiators out of commission but all we get is we have it on our list!
BUT I'm warm and slightly squiffy with sherry!

Merry Xmas Hun!

Fantastic Sonia, you heating and cooker is up and running, so now you can get warm again and cook your Christmas dinner.

Thinking of you and hoping you are feeling a little better about things now.

Have a lovely afternoon and evening. X

Thanks all.... had a lovely lunch and my bottle of wine :D:D:D and then a long sleep.
Hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas.

Glad it all got sorted Sonia.

Having had landlord/agent problems this year I 500% recommend contacting Shelter as they deal with problems such as the ones you are suffering xxx

So glad you had a good day in the end! We rent to and pay a hell of a lot of money each month and the same as you get a rubbish service from the agent aswell as the landlord, so i know where you are coming from!

Enjoy your day with the boys! xxx

Back