What am I doing this for?

Enough

Gold Member
So I'm on day one and I'm two shakes in.. not in ketosis yet.. not cold yet.. just in that "ahh what am I doing this for??" stage..

So I thought I'd try to answer:

To feel healthier
To look better
To have more energy
To like how my clothes feel on me
To have great sex again!
To feel better about myself
To increase my chances of fertility
To reduce criticism from the gp
To reduce my risk of diabetes
To have less ache in my back and knees
To like myself more
To know my OH is enjoying me and my company more
To get to know my emotional responses and resolve old unhelpful feelings instead of simply drowning them out with food
To be less self conscious and apologetic about how I look
To like how I look in photos

What's on your list?

the first week is undoubtably the hardest, i hated it. get through this week and all of a sudden things seem more positive and easier belive me ive just gone into my 3rd week and feel more engergetic, more positive and a bit happier. my reasons for doing it are pretty much included in your list! i have a little boy (21 months) and hate having pics taken with him (or anyone) as i hate the way i look so much and it upsets me i dont have many of us together since he was born :( want to wear the clothes i want, walk into a shop see a top or jeans and not have to think will that look ok, will it hide my fat, will i look silly? i can just buy it knowing i look good and it will fit!! to not feel like the 'fat' friend....lots of reasons mainly to do with needing more self confidence which i know will come flooding back once ive lost weight. im 23, was a very skinny child but piled on the pounds throughout my teens i was always fat and feel ive missed out, determined to loose it now and enjoy these last few years of being able to go out in a short dress and look good lol! xxx

Those are some very powerful reasons.. makes me realise how much this affects me and how important it is...

Interesting though.. that thing about confidence.. i eat because I lack confidence.. I lack confidence because I'm overweight.. i can free myself from the loop and simply work on both.. as I lose weight I'll gain confidence.. I wonder if there are other ways to gain confidence tooo........

To feel better
To look better
To be able to horse ride with my 11 year old
To have more energy to run around after my 19 month old and 7 month old
To fit on theme park rides!
To be more confident
To be able to use more than one position in the bedroom department (!!!!)
To get a tattoo up my side that I've wanted for ages
To look nice in a wedding dress should my other half ever decide to ask me!
To be a CDC myself :)

Ooh loving the list there!

This morning i have been thinking about how relaxed and confident I'll be once I take off the fat suit :)

Hey guys. Just started today. My reasons,
I want to sing again on stage without being pointed at for being a lard ass.
I don't want to be the fat mum in the playground.
My best friends wedding is next year.
I graduate next year.
I want to take my kids to Alton Towers and not be scared I'll get my fat ass stuck in the roller coaster.
I want to be healthier.
I want to wear pretty clothes.
I want my back ache to disappear.
I want to be able to wear jeans and a vest too without looking like the Michelin man.
I want to be able to go to gigs and take off my cardigan as in already sweating like mad without feeling paranoid that folk are watching my bingo wings flapping about.
I want a good healthy relationship with food.
I want results.
Wow my list was longer than I expected ha ha. Xxxx

Oh and get my half sleeve on my arm too. :) x

Great thread! I started today and my reasons are

To be around as long as possible for my family
To not waste my 30s like I did my 20s feeling fat and ugly
To be able to just look forward to a holiday without worrying how I look, will I fit into the plane seat etc
To feel and look sexier
To feel and look healthier
To go back to Disney Land and actually join in on the rides with my family
To have a set of pin up style photos taken

When I started it was because it was 6 months to my wedding and I knew I could make a huge difference in that time ( I have in fact exceeded what I thought I would lose )

Now I am still doing it because...............

I love how I feel
I have way more energy.
I need less sleep.
I can shop in ANY shop.
I strip off without hiding ! ( at home / not in random places lol )
I feel better than I have in YEARS.
My kids tell me they are proud of me. ( I know they've always loved me )
I feel more confident in everyday life.
I feel in control ( 99% of the time )

The list could go on, Great idea to get us thinking about our own reasons............... I guess for most we are just not happy being fat x

yep - I'm not happy being fat, and I have less energy.. so I turn to food for comfort.. (or used to?.......) hmm... that's got me thinking....

So true, it's a vicious circle that is so hard to get out of, and so easy to maintain. But we have now broken that, and we WILL learn how to stay out of that circle!

So true, it's a vicious circle that is so hard to get out of, and so easy to maintain. But we have now broken that, and we WILL learn how to stay out of that circle!

I've no idea what it means to 'multiquote this message' but I've just done it (?!)

I need to find ways of not falling back into the vicious cycle - you're right - it only exists if I maintain it.. I'm only fat because I have been over eating... and it's only through being kind to myself that I will solve this. If I feel angry and guilty with myself for over eating, I'll feel bruised by my criticisms and I'll want to turn to comfort...

this vicious cycle can be gently resolved... working it out... becoming free :)

Enough said:
I've no idea what it means to 'multiquote this message' but I've just done it (?!)

I need to find ways of not falling back into the vicious cycle - you're right - it only exists if I maintain it.. I'm only fat because I have been over eating... and it's only through being kind to myself that I will solve this. If I feel angry and guilty with myself for over eating, I'll feel bruised by my criticisms and I'll want to turn to comfort...

this vicious cycle can be gently resolved... working it out... becoming free :)

Enough you are so right !

I've had mega stress the past few weeks and food would usually be my comfort but this time I'm not going to let it beat me ! If I had of cheated the other day I would feel way worse than I do now so effectively the food wouldn't be a comfort at all.
It is a vicious circle and it is one we have to break. Easier said than done but everyday is a step in the right direction x x x

This is all so true! I was talking to a friend the other day and I said I needed to work some things out in my mind so when I had finished this diet I wouldn't put the weight back on. She said don't think about that now just concentrate on what your doing in loosing the weight first and don't think negatively. It got me thinking that I don't agree with her at all, I do need to think about his now and it not negative it's realistic! I'm fat because I eat too much crap basically, but now I need to work out why and find other ways of relaxing, celebrating and comforting myself. Also I realised I would never be finished, there will come a time when the Cambridge shakes and soups are over but I will always need to watch what I eat. I think I need to come to terms with that too!

StarrLady said:
This is all so true! I was talking to a friend the other day and I said I needed to work some things out in my mind so when I had finished this diet I wouldn't put the weight back on. She said don't think about that now just concentrate on what your doing in loosing the weight first and don't think negatively. It got me thinking that I don't agree with her at all, I do need to think about his now and it not negative it's realistic! I'm fat because I eat too much crap basically, but now I need to work out why and find other ways of relaxing, celebrating and comforting myself. Also I realised I would never be finished, there will come a time when the Cambridge shakes and soups are over but I will always need to watch what I eat. I think I need to come to terms with that too!

I agree it will never be finished, I think for me Cambridge will always be a part of my life. I can imagine if I put on I will keep coming back to it to keep me at a weight I want to be at.
Don't get me wrong I'm not planning on going wild but I'm thinking realistically like after Xmas where we all enjoy more food and drink than we should. After holidays etc etc
It's good to know Cambridge works and if we do need it then it's here for us x x x

Wow what a well timed post for me! I am on day 4 and this morning has been tough so to escape the office while everyone else eats I have sat in the sun to have a read on here.

After looking though everyone's reasons for doing this and agreeing with nearly all of them I am refocused thank you x

Half sleeve is a tattoo hun thats half of your upper arm or lower arm covered. Wanted one for so long but i refuse to get one done till i have lost weight. x

Bella said:
Wow what a well timed post for me! I am on day 4 and this morning has been tough so to escape the office while everyone else eats I have sat in the sun to have a read on here.

After looking though everyone's reasons for doing this and agreeing with nearly all of them I am refocused thank you x

This forum is fab for keeping people on track, anytime you feel pressure have a read through the posts. It's usually enough to keep people on track x x

Without sounding vulgar i wanna be able to strip off and shake by bits around the bedroom without feeling ashamed....lol. Wanna be confident in front of my oh.

Back