What am I doing this for?

lisalollipop13909 said:
Without sounding vulgar i wanna be able to strip off and shake by bits around the bedroom without feeling ashamed....lol. Wanna be confident in front of my oh.

I'm a bit like that but OH has told me

" if I wanted a skinny bird I would have went for one in the 1st place "

I think he only said it as he misses my boobies :)

I was really skinny when i met him size 8 so i worry x

It's a really interesting question about partners... I've just taken another look at my list of reasons why I'm doing this.. It wasn't planned, but I'm really glad that I put "To like myself more" before I thought of "To know my OH is enjoying me and my company more"... both are true, but I need to be doing this for me, cause I don't think I could really do this purely for him... no offence to him - I love him and there are many things I can and will do for him, but my relationship with food is too complicated and I have to be resolving this problem for myself... my OH met me when I was slimmer, but I'm so flat chested that he'll never get the best deal! haha - either big tummy and some boobage, or no tummy and no chest! haha - He'll never be completely satisfied, but he's got enough of both for the both of us hahaha!! :D

So I'm on day one and I'm two shakes in.. not in ketosis yet.. not cold yet.. just in that "ahh what am I doing this for??" stage..

So I thought I'd try to answer:

To feel healthier
To look better
To have more energy
To like how my clothes feel on me
To have great sex again!
To feel better about myself
To increase my chances of fertility
To reduce criticism from the gp
To reduce my risk of diabetes
To have less ache in my back and knees
To like myself more
To know my OH is enjoying me and my company more
To get to know my emotional responses and resolve old unhelpful feelings instead of simply drowning them out with food
To be less self conscious and apologetic about how I look
To like how I look in photos

What's on your list?

I'm not under any illusions that being slim again will miraculously give me a problem free life, but it will remove the issues that are caused by my weight. I want:-

• To walk into a room with my head held high, rather than hide away in a corner.
  • To feel more secure with my partner. I know he loves me but I can’t help sometimes feeling that he somehow “settled” for me. He once made a passing comment that he only once has dated a woman who turned heads when she walked into the room - and no, he wasn’t talking about me! To him it was a throwaway comment, maybe thoughtless, but not meant to hurt me, and I doubt he’d even remember saying it. It’s eaten away at me for over 4 years because I want to be the woman who walks into the room and turns heads, and to feel his pride at being with me
  • To ease my PCOS symptoms, get off my meds and lessen the need for more surgery
  • To ease the constant pain I’m in from degeneration of the discs in my back, and reduce the amount of tablets needed to allow me to lug all this extra weight around
  • To have the confidence to change career and do something more fulfilling. My passion is cooking and I have a dream of starting my own weight management/nutrition consultancy and creating the sort of class I’ve never been able to find. I’ve taken nutrition and cookery courses, but how can I set up a business telling other people what to eat when it’s clear I can’t control my own weight?
  • To be able to walk into any shop and know that I’ll be able to walk out with something more than a handbag or a lipstick
  • To spend less on clothes because I’ll be able to wear all the gorgeous clothes I already have but can no longer fit into
  • To accept invitations to go out and not spend a week panicking about what to wear, and then spending the whole night miserable and comparing myself unfavourably to all the other women there... or worse still, to NOT accept even though I'd really love to go
    To have acquaintances make nice comments about my clothes rather than my jewellery or hair
  • To enrol in the burlesque dance classes - for fitness purposes of course ;)
  • To be able to pounce on my gorgeous other half whenever and wherever I fancy, and not worry about flattening him or how the wobbly bits are looking (sorry probably TMI LOL!)
  • To get my new boobies that are pointing north and not heading south :D

i literally cannot wait to buy my first 'sexy' going out dress and actually have a fun night in town with my friends not worrying how fat i look compared to them or the embarassing usual of them being chatted up while i just stand like an idiot. i was out shopping today and saw lots of pretty ones, i cant wait to have the amazing feeling of trying one on and looking good- heres hoping! xx

Oh yes, to be the one being chatted up, and not just the wing man as usual! I'd never cheat on my OH, but it would be lovely just occasionally to have some male interest to give him the kick up the arse not to take me for granted :D

Back