What am I doing wrong ? Dont understand.

onefatmama

Hi,

I am a frustrated lady this morning.

I have been doing SS/790 for 2 weeks now, been going to the gym everyday and doing 45-60 minute workouts.

Im in ketosis, have been from day 3.

I have lost a tiny pathatic 1 pound :mad::mad::mad:

I dont understand whats gone wrong, I admit I dont drink enough, but surly that would'nt stop the weight loss.

I eat between 400 and 790 kcal,I dont pick, and drink 2-3 lts of water, sometimes less water because Im out all day and have poor bladder control :eek:

So if im eating less kcals and doing lots of work outs, then why or why did i lose just 1 lb in two weeks.

Heeeeeelp !

Thanks

Onefatmama x

:sign0163::) Thanks.

i cant offer any suggestions OFM, but i can understand how frustrated u r. maybe if some of the CDC's are about they can offer you some advice. i do know that drinking the water is key to loosing weight. maybe u have some water retention?

well i can only go by my own experiences
some weeks i lose nothing
then a 2lb then nothing then a wopping 7lbs so maybe you are like me and retain fluid
it is true if we dont drink enough we do hold on to water i have proven that
but it is hard drinking so much and trying to find a loo
fingers crossed you will have a good loss soon
sorry i cant really help much

keep at it though as you will see results soon

kaz x

I was doing a vlcd and it went 10 days and never lost anything , it does get you down , but i did notice my clothes getting baggy , do you notice yours bagging ?

I too find drinking the water difficult but I know that it is very important to try to drink at least four litres each day. You're doing great with the exercise and sticking to the diet and I know you'll be seeing the results soon. Don't get disheartened your heading in the right direction with your weight loss. Keep up the good work!

Hi

I've found that the weeks I exercise the most I lose the least. I put it down to the fact that I sweat a lot when I do hard aerobic stuff and that I need to drink more than the normal 8 pints to make up for it. I really do think the water makes a difference. You should take at least the 8 pints/4 litres if you are exercising and probably more to compensate. The good news is that it may not come off this week but your weight loss will catch up! Best of luck!

The lack of water intake will slow your weight loss.

Why not try drinking the 2.25L of water for 7 days religiously and see what happens?

The water intake is really important. Read the sticky thread at the top of the Forum.

Although I had good weight loss my first week - I then had 1lb loss week 2, and 2lb gain week3. Yet I haven;t cheated.

I really, really think its all down the the water.

I have spent 2 days really concentrating on drinking as much as I can - and I have already noticed a movement on my 'unofficial' daily weigh ins.

So - I do actually think its the water.

Read the water sticky as Soon2begoregous suggests. Its really does make sense. Before I read that - I couldn;t understand what difference water would have.

I do agree with the comments that you need to maintain your :tear_drop::tear_drop: intake, maybe up it to compensate for all the gym work your doing.

I'm sure however that i've read advice on hear about exercising, if I could find it I'd post a link to a thread that Icemousse commented on regarding exercising on a VLCD ~ if I can locate it I'll post the link later.

If memory serves me correct however the suggestions were not to overdo the exercise stuff in the first few weeks ~ can't recall the exact scientific reasons, but it might be down to the type of exercise you're doing. I would reckon though that where as you might not be losing llbs, you will be losing inches.

Hi,

I am a frustrated lady this morning.

I have been doing SS/790 for 2 weeks now, been going to the gym everyday and doing 45-60 minute workouts.

So if im eating less kcals and doing lots of work outs, then why or why did i lose just 1 lb in two weeks.

I am no expert, but do you think that maybe with all your visits to the gym you have been building muscle, so although you have lost 'fat' weight you don't seem to have lost all that much from the weight of your muscles.

x

Hiya OFM!

I have to say it is very very likely the two problems here are that you aren't drinking enough water and also are over exercising while on the diet.

The recommendation is that for the first two weeks you don't real do any exercise and then after that you do gentle toning/stretching/yoga/pilates/swimming/bike riding etc as opposed to banging it out on a treadmill.

Remember you have no sugar in your body and hence when the body tries to cut to the sugar to give you instant energy there is none there, it then freaks out! retains water, stops finger nails growing etc etc and basically shuts down.

And without drinking water your liver is too busy helping out your kidneys and hence hasn't got time to burn fat at the same time.

So this week you must be more careful, relax a bit, take a few nice long walks and up the water intake, if you are drinking less than the minimum then you won't lose weight.

If you can up your intake to 4 litres (1 litres before 12pm, 1 litre before 3pm, 1 litre before 6pm and then 1 litre before bed) then you will find the scales start to dramatically fall!

Hang in there

Mike

Hiya OFM!

I have to say it is very very likely the two problems here are that you aren't drinking enough water and also are over exercising while on the diet.

The recommendation is that for the first two weeks you don't real do any exercise and then after that you do gentle toning/stretching/yoga/pilates/swimming/bike riding etc as opposed to banging it out on a treadmill.

Remember you have no sugar in your body and hence when the body tries to cut to the sugar to give you instant energy there is none there, it then freaks out! retains water, stops finger nails growing etc etc and basically shuts down.

And without drinking water your liver is too busy helping out your kidneys and hence hasn't got time to burn fat at the same time.

So this week you must be more careful, relax a bit, take a few nice long walks and up the water intake, if you are drinking less than the minimum then you won't lose weight.

If you can up your intake to 4 litres (1 litres before 12pm, 1 litre before 3pm, 1 litre before 6pm and then 1 litre before bed) then you will find the scales start to dramatically fall!

Hang in there

Mike

Thanks guys for all of your advice,it really helps.

Icemosse your the CD guru to me and to others too :) Thanks for replying.

Il try and do as you suggest and up the water and lower the trips to the gym down to say 3 times a week. Whats the least amount of water can drink on CD?, I have really and I mean really bad bladder control:eek: thanks to two big babies.

Just one other question, If im not burning fat whilst in ketosis and excercising, what am I burning? surly my body would have to give up the fat at some point?

OFM xx

Hi Mike . I will try that . Did you find you had big losses doing that . ?

Just one other question, If im not burning fat whilst in ketosis and excercising, what am I burning? surly my body would have to give up the fat at some point?

It isn't so much that you aren't burning fat in that your body shuts down, if you are overdoing it then the body becomes very efficient at NOT burning calories and hence you will bloat up with water and generally find your weight loss is very very slow.

Anyway try for a week and let me know how you get on, here's hoping for a good loss next week

Mike

Back